Author Topic: Map Testing And Cleaning.  (Read 77 times)

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
Map Testing And Cleaning.
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:23:11 PM »
+1
This was brought up from Kazul.

We should thoroughly test and make sure every map downloads fast and works correctly.

Coolz i think we should have a small server where like 1-8 people can join starting with TTT. Those 1-8 people will clear there Maps Folder and join the servers. When a map does not work and needs to be removed we shall wright it down with why it should be removed.

While this seems like a lot of work, many people disconnect because of the long downloading periods like me. Also there are maps that are completly just no. for example c17_Ruins it doesnt have a SINGLE gun. Also the maps that take for ever to download, and example would be my map, Kakariko_village. which i honestly dont know why it takes so long when its only 18.5MB when Lost temple is 40 and that actually didnt take long to download.

I would be a volunteer to test maps.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:29:50 PM by Juan_Ambriz »

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Lazer Blade

• dat ass tho
  • Windows UserDWO PlayerLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +366
Re: Map Testing And Cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Yes we really need to do this, I would also like to volunteer to test the maps.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
We might not necessarily even need that. Just set up a time when the servers are depopulated, then have either me or Sabb jump in there and go through the map rotation.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
c17_Ruins is a map that should not be removed. I know it sounds odd, but it's actually quite fun when people actualy want to play that map. Plus, considering the map's reputation, it rarely ever wins the vote unless there is a landslide.

As for the map downloading thing, I think it would do good if there was an option to download all the game files for the maps from this very site. The maps would all be in a single folder and all the player would have to do is put them in the proper place. I've seen it done on other communities (namely ECG and SNG's PERP files) and it worked out well.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.