Author Topic: Notification on thumbs up?  (Read 403 times)

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
Re: Notification on thumbs up?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
No. This just shows how broken the +/- thing is. People care about it WAY too much and if you -1 nearly anything other people +1 the post and -1 your post. It's how I nabbed my early -1s. (Though I've hard won the rest of 'em.)

EDIT: This thread just made be realise about how much I care about not getting +1s... Though I can't really judge the feature as I can generally always find what I'm looking for.
I disagree. While respect is pointless, I've been in the situation several times where I lose 5-10 points in ~30 minutes, and I can't find out why. It'd be nice sometimes.

I suppose, but it's going to be like the ability to find out who unfriended you on facebook. I guess I'll support it if it doesn't make other areas of the site go bonkers.  :thumbsup:
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Apie2

• WAAAAZAAHHHH, You can eat me O_o
  • Respect: +821
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »
Bump, dunno if somebody is working on this but I would like to see this.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »
Bump, dunno if somebody is working on this but I would like to see this.

No, because then I can't minus one someones ancient posts and make them search all over the site for how they lost 10 reputation.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »

No, because then I can't minus one someones ancient posts and make them search all over the site for how they lost 10 reputation.

derp

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »
derp

What is better than making them all ? I find the idea of someone searching through all of their past posts for how they lost a single arbitrary point absolutely hilarious. Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone do actually do that to someone. It's the equivalent to unfriending someone on facebook just to drive them nuts about being unfriended.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:27:54 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
...I still want to remove respect entirely.

This.

Offline Lavenchie

• Never underestamate
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerCat LoverDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• the power of the scout's code
  • Respect: +256
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

What is better than making them all ? I find the idea of someone searching through all of their past posts for how they lost more of a single arbitrary point absolutely hilarious. Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone do actually do that to someone. It's the equivalent to unfriending someone on facebook just to drive them nuts about being unfriended.
So basically your saying your pulling a dick move by
Thanks Marie
Thanks Crypto!

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 08:37:42 PM »

What is better than making them all ? I find the idea of someone searching through all of their past posts for how they lost a single arbitrary point absolutely hilarious. Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone do actually do that to someone. It's the equivalent to unfriending someone on facebook just to drive them nuts about being unfriended.
So basically your saying your pulling a dick move by

You are assuming that I would actually do that. The point of me including "Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone to actually do that to someone." was to imply that I would not do that.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »

derp

S[hes] Br[ok]en