.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Pryvisee on June 02, 2012, 06:40:31 PM

Title: Notification on thumbs up?
Post by: Pryvisee on June 02, 2012, 06:40:31 PM
Yeah, like Facebook.  ^-^

But yeah, it would be nice to get some notification if someone thumbed up your post. Either through email, PM or even a little pop-up that says you've been thumbed up and a link to the post. It would be spamable, but if you have a Facebook, you would know how it is and would get used to it imo..

Good idea? Is it even possible? Is Coolz even that leet to make it possible? :3
Title: Re: Notification on thumbs up?
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on June 02, 2012, 07:06:16 PM
Yeah, like Facebook.  ^-^

But yeah, it would be nice to get some notification if someone thumbed up your post.Either through email, PM or even a little pop-up that says you've been thumbed up and a link to the post. It would be spamable, but if you have a Facebook, you would know how it is and would get used to it imo..

Good idea? Is it even possible? Is Coolz even that leet to make it possible? :3
although its not really a bad idea,is it really too hard to check your Profile/Recent Posts?
Post by: Pryvisee on June 02, 2012, 07:09:00 PM
although its not really a bad idea,is it really too hard to check your Profile/Recent Posts?

No it's not, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

+1 on old post = scrolling through pages of recent posts if you want to find out who did it.
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on June 02, 2012, 07:16:47 PM
No it's not, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

+1 on old post = scrolling through pages of recent posts if you want to find out who did it.
Well,I never thought of it that way actually.

I agree on the pop-up but not Email/PM though
Post by: Sabb on June 02, 2012, 07:32:35 PM
It'd be cool to have a separate tab at the top for that actually.
Post by: ursus on June 02, 2012, 08:44:02 PM
...I still want to remove respect entirely.

But if you must, it wouldn't hurt to make it easier to manage while we have it.
Post by: Mr. Franklin on June 02, 2012, 10:39:38 PM
I made a topic about this a while ago, well similar to it and it got shot down by everyone, so good luck. But i do like the idea, it could be handy at times.
Post by: Pryvisee on June 02, 2012, 10:50:29 PM
I made a topic about this a while ago, well similar to it and it got shot down by everyone, so good luck. But i do like the idea, it could be handy at times.
Very handy, indeed.
Well,I never thought of it that way actually.

I agree on the pop-up but not Email/PM though
There could be an option for it if it wasn't too hard. :p
Post by: coolzeldad on June 03, 2012, 03:26:09 AM
interesting i'll think about it
Post by: Dale Feles on June 04, 2012, 09:58:41 AM

I find so much joy in this.
Post by: ursus on June 04, 2012, 11:03:20 AM

in the show posts menu on someone's profile, have it show votes on it
Post by: Doctor Who on June 13, 2012, 03:31:19 PM
I still want to remove respect entirely.
Post by: Lavenchie on June 14, 2012, 10:48:13 PM
Ohgod, This so much.
I don't even know how many times I had to scroll throw all of my posts just to see which one of them got a thumbs up.
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on June 24, 2012, 05:38:44 PM
No. This just shows how broken the +/- thing is. People care about it WAY too much and if you -1 nearly anything other people +1 the post and -1 your post. It's how I nabbed my early -1s. (Though I've hard won the rest of 'em.)

EDIT: This thread just made be realise about how much I care about not getting +1s... Though I can't really judge the feature as I can generally always find what I'm looking for.
Post by: Deacon on June 24, 2012, 05:52:09 PM
No. This just shows how broken the +/- thing is. People care about it WAY too much and if you -1 nearly anything other people +1 the post and -1 your post. It's how I nabbed my early -1s. (Though I've hard won the rest of 'em.)

EDIT: This thread just made be realise about how much I care about not getting +1s... Though I can't judge the feature as I can generaly always find what I'm looking for.

I disagree. While respect is pointless, I've been in the situation several times where I lose 5-10 points in ~30 minutes, and I can't find out why. It'd be nice sometimes.
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on June 24, 2012, 06:02:53 PM

EDIT: This thread just made be realise about how much I care about not getting +1s... Though I can't really judge the feature as I can generally always find what I'm looking for.
I disagree. While respect is pointless, I've been in the situation several times where I lose 5-10 points in ~30 minutes, and I can't find out why. It'd be nice sometimes.

I suppose, but it's going to be like the ability to find out who unfriended you on facebook. I guess I'll support it if it doesn't make other areas of the site go bonkers.  :thumbsup:
Post by: Apie2 on August 12, 2012, 09:40:02 AM
Bump, dunno if somebody is working on this but I would like to see this.
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on August 15, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
Bump, dunno if somebody is working on this but I would like to see this.

No, because then I can't minus one someones ancient posts and make them search all over the site for how they lost 10 reputation.
Post by: memo3300 on August 15, 2012, 08:16:20 PM

No, because then I can't minus one someones ancient posts and make them search all over the site for how they lost 10 reputation.

derp
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on August 15, 2012, 08:20:40 PM
derp

What is better than making them all (http://i.imgur.com/uDAsi.gif) ? I find the idea of someone searching through all of their past posts for how they lost a single arbitrary point absolutely hilarious. Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone do actually do that to someone. It's the equivalent to unfriending someone on facebook just to drive them nuts about being unfriended.
Post by: Shawn on August 15, 2012, 08:26:26 PM
...I still want to remove respect entirely.

This.
Post by: Lavenchie on August 15, 2012, 08:27:13 PM

What is better than making them all (http://i.imgur.com/uDAsi.gif) ? I find the idea of someone searching through all of their past posts for how they lost more of a single arbitrary point absolutely hilarious. Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone do actually do that to someone. It's the equivalent to unfriending someone on facebook just to drive them nuts about being unfriended.
So basically your saying your pulling a dick move by
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on August 15, 2012, 08:37:42 PM

What is better than making them all (http://i.imgur.com/uDAsi.gif) ? I find the idea of someone searching through all of their past posts for how they lost a single arbitrary point absolutely hilarious. Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone do actually do that to someone. It's the equivalent to unfriending someone on facebook just to drive them nuts about being unfriended.
So basically your saying your pulling a dick move by

You are assuming that I would actually do that. The point of me including "Of course it would be quite the dick move for anyone to actually do that to someone." was to imply that I would not do that.
Post by: memo3300 on August 15, 2012, 09:16:11 PM

derp