Author Topic: ZS: Knckback; reduce it please  (Read 306 times)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
ZS: Knckback; reduce it please
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
+1
Right now, the knockback for being shot, for no better words, sucks.  You don't even need SMGs, or a lot of people shooting at you [or worse, a lot of people shooting at you with high powered guns] to be crippled - as in, can't move, can't use any special abilities.

Aside from being utterly unrealistic, it makes the game unbalanced as fuck.   Yes, I know regular zombies deal a lot of damage, but not all that are zombies are regular zombies  [still have fastie, poison crab, headcrab, fast crab, wraith, poison zombie, and chem zombie to look at, plus it is REALLY easy to dodge.

If you reduce it, or better, remove it, it would be better - people won't want to quit when picked as zombies, and spawncamping - while not solved - would be complained about less since people could actually DO something about it EASILY as zombie.

I mean, really, wouldn't you feel more encouraged to fight if, when faced with a couple of people sitting outside of the spawn with Owens, or Fagnums, instead of being paralyzed and unable to move at all or use special abilities you were able to keep moving?

I know at least one or two may reply about it being in the source engine, but I really don't know - I mean, in TTT if you get shot with an AK or H.U.G.E, you don't get crippled, unable to shoot or move, so if IT IS, then it has to be ADJUSTABLE - otherwise, it has to be something in ZS if not in the engine.

tl;dr: Knockback in ZS is too crippling, a lot of complaints regarding things like camping would be reduced by reducing the knockback if not removing it.

EDITED to fix typos, make more sense. Note to self: don't type without your glasses on.  :D :D :D :D

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:29:17 AM by Travelsonic »
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
Re: ZS: Knckback; reduce it please
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »
I'd rather have the new ZS mod running on the server.  It was soooo much more fun on the temp ZS!!

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »
I'd rather have the new ZS mod running on the server.  It was soooo much more fun on the temp ZS!!

There is a feel I can not really describe about the ZS we have now - interface, feel, etc, that I really like... but the new ZS, which we had on the very short lived tempo server had a lot of GREAT features we should have here... though I managed to make turrets annoying - as others probably as well - by sticking them on the underside of roofs [on house maps] so they shoot right into spawn.  :D
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »
+3

There is a feel I can not really describe about the ZS we have now - interface, feel, etc, that I really like... but the new ZS, which we had on the very short lived tempo server had a lot of GREAT features we should have here... though I managed to make turrets annoying - as others probably as well - by sticking them on the underside of roofs [on house maps] so they shoot right into spawn.  :D

BUT GAIS, ITS NOT THE SAME, WE CAN'T HANDLE CHANGE. THE NEW ZS IS SHITTY BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS OPTIMIZED GUYS.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »
The new zs would really be better especially because the animations are not broken for high ping players.

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 09:59:45 PM »
The new zs would really be better especially because the animations are not broken for high ping players.

I hate the new ZS
Melees have a delay before hitting, which means headcrabs are more op.
You cant steer the headcrab or fast zombie while lunging
The points shop
The bosses
The turrets
I just hate it. Not because of change, but because the old zs is alot better and more fun.
Also the worth menu. Fuck the worth menu.
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline Carp

• Everybody dies but not everybody lives.
  • Respect: +228
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:16:30 PM »
all the people who actually play zs and who are good at zs will say keep the old zs, but people who are not very good will most likely want the other version.

"Even the smallest individual can shape the fortunes of all"

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 11:03:29 PM »
+6
all the people who actually play zs and who are good at zs will say keep the old zs, but people who are not very good will most likely want the other version.
This is a case brought up every time a thread is made to change something in the old zs. I think the new version should be on the servers as it actually gives zombies a chance. I enjoy the old zs but it relies on cheap strategies and bad maps to keep up the entertainment.

In the old zs, it's IMPOSSIBLE to hit people as a normal zombie (I think this has something to do with the weapon hit-scanning serverside rather than on the client). Humans would be able to run around zombies without getting hit. No one would want to sit through a boring, 30 minute game on the old zs as zombie and deal with the buggy weapons while the humans can bottle-neck a hallway/vent or swim for the entire game without even losing health.

The only problem with putting up the new version is that some players are too stubborn to adapt to the new, team-based gamemode rather than being able to lone-wolf. The only positive things I see in the old zs is the Winrarz system keeps the game competitive and goomba-stomping gives an advantage to zombies on open maps. Other than that, the rest of the gamemode deters new players and rustles everyones jimmies on an hourly basis.

And some maps should definitely be removed.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 12:16:46 AM »
+1
This is a case brought up every time a thread is made to change something in the old zs. I think the new version should be on the servers as it actually gives zombies a chance. I enjoy the old zs but it relies on cheap strategies and bad maps to keep up the entertainment.

One of the reasons I loved the new ZS so much was because of just how damn optimized it is.

Everything in it is made to be as efficient as possible, and I love it. It doesn't matter if you have an insanely high ping, you're just as capable as an ultra-low ping player.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 05:33:01 AM »
>implying it takes a lot of skill to play this one as a human

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the latest Zs for testing in the real rnd servers and perhaps to put an in-game link that would direct players to the forums asking which Zs they prefer.

Offline Targnil

• Respect: 0
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 07:37:51 AM »
It's the zombies that actually usually win the rounds
there is no problem with melee
old version is much better

oh and why is the server down again, when is it going to be up?

Offline Carp

• Everybody dies but not everybody lives.
  • Respect: +228
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 10:14:54 AM »
>implying it takes a lot of skill to play this one as a human

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the latest Zs for testing in the real rnd servers and perhaps to put an in-game link that would direct players to the forums asking which Zs they prefer.

yea because 250 kills in a round and 40 in 2 waves is complete luck.

Anyway I haven't really played it but from what I heard it sounds dumb, like the idea of a shop sounds dumb, and turrets sound op but what do I know. I just like the original ZS.

"Even the smallest individual can shape the fortunes of all"

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
yea because 250 kills in a round and 40 in 2 waves is complete luck.

Anyway I haven't really played it but from what I heard it sounds dumb, like the idea of a shop sounds dumb, and turrets sound op but what do I know. I just like the original ZS.

The shop system can be disabled. People, both old ZS and new ZS players thought a good idea would be to add a perk that was called "Classic Mode" and gave you the old ZS gameplay. Start off with a pistol and melee, and work your way up and randomly get weapons instead of worrying about points and worth.

The turrets are far from OP. They chew up insane amounts of ammo, and explode in two hits. The payoff you get for kills doesn't give you enough to sustain the turrets ammo consumption, so it's really only good for a support weapon, to be used once your barricade goes down to buy you some time. Plus, the turret is almost useless when it's set to auto-aim. The scanning is so wide that unless the target is two feet in front of it, it probably won't ever see or lock onto it. Everyone I've played with preferred to use the manual aim on it, making it no more powerful than any other SMG.

Honestly, "I heard it sounds dumb" is a poor excuse.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »
The latest Zs outmatches the old one in every aspect, well maybe part of the players would like the kill system instead of shops but it's like comparing two good songs, some will prefer one instead of another. Besides there must be a way to additionally modify it.

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

In the old zs, it's IMPOSSIBLE to hit people as a normal zombie (I think this has something to do with the weapon hit-scanning serverside rather than on the client). Humans would be able to run around zombies without getting hit. No one would want to sit through a boring, 30 minute game on the old zs as zombie and deal with the buggy weapons while the humans can bottle-neck a hallway/vent or swim for the entire game without even losing health.

The only problem with putting up the new version is that some players are too stubborn to adapt to the new, team-based gamemode rather than being able to lone-wolf. The only positive things I see in the old zs is the Winrarz system keeps the game competitive and goomba-stomping gives an advantage to zombies on open maps. Other than that, the rest of the gamemode deters new players and rustles everyones jimmies on an hourly basis.

And some maps should definitely be removed.

This is very true.  Great post.