Author Topic: Want to remove a map? Please post why!  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: Want to remove a map? Please post why!
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »
Crazy Cubes.

Seriously. This horribly grief-causing map is nothing less than the worst pile of crap to grace the servers.

I just lost 1000 karma because a dead player dropped a barrel on my head.
On top of the fact that its a bad map.

I'm too mad to form a cohesive argument about it right now. Seriously. I don't know why it is back.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 10:11:14 PM »
Crazy Cubes.

Seriously. This horribly grief-causing map is nothing less than the worst pile of crap to grace the servers.

I just lost 1000 karma because a dead player dropped a barrel on my head.
On top of the fact that its a bad map.

I'm too mad to form a cohesive argument about it right now. Seriously. I don't know why it is back.
That's pretty shitty but idk. The map's really fun for most people, including me. I can kind of understand why some people would want it removed though. Especially with the amount that it's played.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 10:15:17 PM »
That's pretty shitty but idk. The map's really fun for most people, including me. I can kind of understand why some people would want it removed though. Especially with the amount that it's played.

I don't get how its fun. Every time its played while I'm there this happens to someone. Or the lax feeling of the map with shit blowing up everywhere encourages RDM rounds. Or people block the teleport exits and crowbar launch you. Or push you off intentionally and you get stuck with everyone else in a death trap. The entire map is a karma draining nightmare.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »
I don't get how its fun. Every time its played while I'm there this happens to someone. Or the lax feeling of the map with shit blowing up everywhere encourages RDM rounds. Or people block the teleport exits and crowbar launch you. Or push you off intentionally and you get stuck with everyone else in a death trap. The entire map is a karma draining nightmare.
Not to mention the lack of traitor action that commonly occurs. So yea I'd be fine with it being removed, though I can still find it fun to play.

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »
I agree with deacon, depending on who you play it with. It's fun but most of the time this map is terrible, I always have to lose karma from those damn barrels and at times like mentioned, the round take for fucking ever because someone decided to clear the cubes

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 06:20:23 AM »
+1
Yes, if you are on that map with the right people it is very fun to play. I also consistently find it extremely easy to gain karma on it.
That said, crazy cubes should be removed. The map is simply not designed for TTT and all sorts of crap always occurs on it. I have no idea who thought this would be a good TTT map when they added it to the server. With the recent influx of newbies we really should remove it because it's just about completely impossible to tell the difference between an RDMer and a Traitor on this map.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:24:12 AM by Eion Kilant 739 »
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
I prefer the old version.

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 12:41:25 AM »
ttt_crazycubes_b3

How about it gets explained as to where alot of the problems exist for it...
1: Someone missfires and it becomes an rdmfest.
2: The pit is ok, the escape is shit... how many times has half the server gotten stuck getting out of the pit.
3:If you even try to get in the T-room everyone knows that someone entered leading to them camping it. Yeah I know you can TP out or c4/radio escape but 70% of the time you die exiting or from someone seeing the TP.
4:The pit... god forbid a new guy fall in and get stuck in you (water area) he'll kill you, or if he feels like it he'll gun you down in the pit thinking it's only the 2 of you.
5.Finally the barrels... they're fair game to me it's just the high number of derps who shoot them and "accidently" kill the other players.

It's a great, fun map if people that know how to play are on but, even then there's cases where a shitfest occurs out of nowhere leaving everyone upset/confused.

And Deacon the title of worst map still goes to Krustycrab as it attracted minges and inspired rage.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:55:21 AM by Dark Pacifist »
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
Not to mention the lack of traitor action that commonly occurs.

I'd explain why that is, though I'm hesitant because the one time I did explain it, I was RDM'd by someone [despite it being an observation anyone can make] and bitched out when I called him out on it.  Nevermind that talking about strategies, and why things happen - observations anyone can make - is not related to in game actions or lack thereof/not proof enough.

We really, on that regards need a better guide to what is KOSable, suspect-able, etc or not, the stupidity factor among regular members/players is starting to get staggering.

Anyways, I agree with cubes being a bit of a problem - though I still have fun with it.  [imagine if the map had discombobulators, the trolling that could occur since a good discombob throw can dislodge all but the uppermost 4 barrels].  I still prefer cube - with no T room, where falling kills you, easier to hide bodies, and I had better T rounds on there, but that's just me.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
Peach's castle.

There's a million places where you can get stuck, and sometimes you can lose half your health just by going through a badly designed teleporter.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »
Peach's castle.

There's a million places where you can get stuck, and sometimes you can lose half your health just by going through a badly designed teleporter.

At the very least they should update it, since there many versions made after the one we have, latest fixing many of the issues seen on the one we have now .
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
I'd explain why that is, though I'm hesitant because the one time I did explain it, I was RDM'd by someone [despite it being an observation anyone can make] and bitched out when I called him out on it.  Nevermind that talking about strategies, and why things happen - observations anyone can make - is not related to in game actions or lack thereof/not proof enough.

We really, on that regards need a better guide to what is KOSable, suspect-able, etc or not, the stupidity factor among regular members/players is starting to get staggering.

Anyways, I agree with cubes being a bit of a problem - though I still have fun with it.  [imagine if the map had discombobulators, the trolling that could occur since a good discombob throw can dislodge all but the uppermost 4 barrels].  I still prefer cube - with no T room, where falling kills you, easier to hide bodies, and I had better T rounds on there, but that's just me.
...What? lol?
I don't see how that's relevant to my post but either way there isn't going to be a guide for that. It's simply up to the players' decisions. A guide is pretty useless imo as there are only some cases where killing someone on sight isn't allowed. Such as with claiming an area. But any situation like that is mentioned in the rules (on the forums/wiki?). And anyone can suspect anyone...
I'm assuming you're saying this because people always call out people for stupid stuff. That's normal and completely allowed. Just ignore the stupid players.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »
...What? lol?
I don't see how that's relevant to my post but either way there isn't going to be a guide for that. It's simply up to the players' decisions. A guide is pretty useless imo as there are only some cases where killing someone on sight isn't allowed.

Well, I'd assume one of those cases is where the reasoning makes no sense - is based on nothing in round [no kills, no seeing suspicious things, no T weaps, no DNA, etc], and can't be justified with a sound answer.

I'm pretty sure you'd need to reach deep and far to pull a justifiable answer out of your ass as to why you killed somebody [who happened to be T] for talking about why something happens on a particular map, and nothing more, when it doesn't prove the one who got killed was a T in any reasonable sense of the word.

[By my use of 'you', I don't mean to implicate You, as you were not involved in this case.  Just thought I'd throw that out.]

[Not to keep derailing this thread]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:45:47 AM by Travelsonic »

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »
Well, I'd assume one of those cases is where the reasoning makes no sense - is based on nothing in round [no kills, no seeing suspicious things, no T weaps, no DNA, etc], and can't be justified with a sound answer.

I'm pretty sure you'd need to reach deep and far to pull a justifiable answer out of your ass as to why you killed somebody [who happened to be T] for talking about why something happens on a particular map, and nothing more, when it doesn't prove the one who got killed was a T in any reasonable sense of the word.

[By my use of 'you', I don't mean to implicate You, as you were not involved in this case.  Just thought I'd throw that out.]

[Not to keep derailing this thread]
Alright but I still don't see that it's much of a problem. If people keep killing like that it's just considered RDM obviously. Which IS allowed but only to a small extent.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
Alright but I still don't see that it's much of a problem. If people keep killing like that it's just considered RDM obviously. Which IS allowed but only to a small extent.

Lets keep this going in the rules suggestion thread, since it does bring a lively discussion of antics, how the current rules apply, whether they need to be tweaked to curb said behavior or not, etc.

Anyways, back on track:  I still say crazy_cube, while not much better than cubes, is still a lot more fun to play on.  No minging with barrels, or trap rooms, people die when they fall making it easier for Ts to hide bodies - though the ability to use corpses to break cubes is a bit annoying since it can quickly contribute to a round stagnating.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:43:15 PM by Travelsonic »