Author Topic: Weapon stats/comparison  (Read 606 times)

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: Weapon stats/comparison
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
+1
(Can "Deacon" and "Me Likes Dis! :D" please -1 my post instead of +1ing it? Thanks in advance.)

No. You're not the first to reach -___, you won't be the last to try.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »

No. You're not the first to reach -___, you won't be the last to try.

That's not my goal and has never been my goal. My goal is to have as low as respect as possible to spite the very system and to remind people that how high someone's respect is has nothing to do with the quality of the post.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »
+1
That's not my goal and has never been my goal. My goal is to have as low as respect as possible to spite the very system and to remind people that how high someone's respect is has nothing to do with the quality of the post.

face.
mine.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 10:09:51 PM »
+1

Plenty of people have asked for negative respect before. You're not spiting the system for being "unfair." You aren't spiting it for being inaccurate or for misrepresenting you as a person.

I'm granting myself the luxury of assuming what your intentions are because they're always the same. You're asking for negative respect because if you ask for it and get it (Which you will), you can say to others that you have your negative respect because you requested it. Here's a spoiler: You don't need to ask. Positive respect is gained by making helpful or otherwise outstanding posts. Negative respect is earned by being immature, juvenile, or insensitive. You feel like having it under different circumstances will improve your reputation, but it won't. The major flaw in your ad-hoc reasoning is that it's been attempted and failed many times before.

Believe me, this is no insult to you. I'm saying this for future reference. In the future, try to refrain from acting like a beacon of justice in a totalitarian regime of respect points. It's a forum. We discuss games and other forms of media.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 07:01:56 AM »
Plenty of people have asked for negative respect before. You're not spiting the system for being "unfair." You aren't spiting it for being inaccurate or for misrepresenting you as a person.

I'm granting myself the luxury of assuming what your intentions are because they're always the same. You're asking for negative respect because if you ask for it and get it (Which you will), you can say to others that you have your negative respect because you requested it. Here's a spoiler: You don't need to ask. Positive respect is gained by making helpful or otherwise outstanding posts. Negative respect is earned by being immature, juvenile, or insensitive. You feel like having it under different circumstances will improve your reputation, but it won't. The major flaw in your ad-hoc reasoning is that it's been attempted and failed many times before.

Believe me, this is no insult to you. I'm saying this for future reference. In the future, try to refrain from acting like a beacon of justice in a totalitarian regime of respect points. It's a forum. We discuss games and other forms of media.

I see your point and for the most part you're right. Though I wouldn't say I asked for it, I'd tell them they shouldn't care. (How ironic.) /offtopic

In order to get the headshot damage I think I might be able to just shoot people in the face as Traitor and record the damage logs. I'd have to preform a few tests as well, about distance having an effect on damage dealt and so forth... Though I'm unsure if there is a better way. I have never actually viewed damage logs in-game through the console before but if memory serves me well this strategy should work.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 07:47:17 AM »
knife used to deal 2000 damage

i only remember that lol

also, i'm pretty sure there is somewhere in your gmod files all that information

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »

i only remember that lol

also, i'm pretty sure there is somewhere in your gmod files all that information
He could just sift through the .gcf for garrysmod and look at the exact damages done by guns in the terrortown folder.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »

i only remember that lol

/gamemodes/<ttt>/entities/weapons/<weapon>/<...shared?>.lua

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »
/gamemodes/<ttt>/entities/weapons/<weapon>/<...shared?>.lua

I don't think that that is correct. All I see there is that elevator mod I downloaded.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »
In the garrys mod .gcf

use a program like gcfscape

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
In the garrys mod .gcf

use a program like gcfscape

What? I have no idea what both of those are.

Offline Deacon

• DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 04:48:51 PM »
Then you won't find weapon stats

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 05:21:43 PM »
Then you won't find weapon stats

Could you at least tell me where I can find a safe version of "gcfscape" then?

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
I extracted the folder with the weapons for you, just download it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9h9tfqq4a72btwc

Just open each weapon folder and open those files with notepad and read through the code. Tells all the weapon stats you want.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 07:31:20 PM »
I extracted the folder with the weapons for you, just download it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9h9tfqq4a72btwc

Just open each weapon folder and open those files with notepad and read through the code. Tells all the weapon stats you want.

:D

Perfect! But it doesn't give me info for all of the weapons.