Author Topic: New Call Of Duty?  (Read 733 times)

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
Re: New Call Of Duty?
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »
+1
All their people are starving, they don't have the capability to make a working missile, and their technology and military is way outdated. If they do ever actually commit an act of war they're fucked because no other country is on good terms with them due to their passive-aggressive isolationism. The ruler might have total domination over his people, but it's nothing capable of anything as serious as if China or Germany or maybe even a couple of eastern European shitholes decided "fuck the world".
oh my god are you actually serious?
you can't possibly be this misinformed ._.

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »

People should really stop believing in these public articles.

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »
People should really stop believing in these public articles.

Show me proof North Korea isn't a sad, little, backwards country.

And there's PLENTY of citations.
Miami's Finest

Offline Don

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2012, 10:48:23 AM »
d
see, most of this focuses on either Europe or North/South America, which they truly aren't a threat to. And also, most nuclear-related posts are from 2009. A lot can change within 3 years.
But think about Asian countries, in particular South Korea.
North Korea has so much artillery ready in place to fire at SKorea, they could literally wipe them off the map within a few minutes. The only reason why they haven't done it is because of the fear of retaliation by other major powers, mainly the US.

Oh and also, China is still technically an ally with NKorea, and China is probably the most powerful ally you can have.

You don't need to have nuclear weapons to be dangerous to other countries. Not to mention that Germany, which you said can do serious damage too, doesn't have any nuclear weapons either.

Show me proof North Korea isn't a sad, little, backwards country.
That's not up to debate, it's about the military strength of North Korea, which is one of the strongest armies in existence.

Offline Seb

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »
see, most of this focuses on either Europe or North/South America, which they truly aren't a threat to. And also, most nuclear-related posts are from 2009. A lot can change within 3 years.
But think about Asian countries, in particular South Korea.
North Korea has so much artillery ready in place to fire at SKorea, they could literally wipe them off the map within a few minutes. The only reason why they haven't done it is because of the fear of retaliation by other major powers, mainly the US.

You don't need to have nuclear weapons to be dangerous to other countries. Not to mention that Germany, which you said can do serious damage too, doesn't have any nuclear weapons either.
That's not up to debate, it's about the military strength of North Korea, which is one of the strongest armies in existence.

They aren't much a threat to South Korea (other than the artillery) either because all their technology is from the 60's. Not to mention they might give the biggest share of their economy to the military, but the North Korean economy is TINY. South Korea gives their military 3x as much.
Miami's Finest

Offline Don

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »
They aren't much a threat to South Korea (other than the artillery) either because all their technology is from the 60's. Not to mention they might give the biggest share of their economy to the military, but the North Korean economy is TINY. South Korea gives their military 3x as much.
Even if we assume their technology is from the 60s, what makes you think they wouldn't be able to hit South Korea with it anyway?
South Korea has a considerably less advanced and strong military than North Korea, which is why foreign soldiers are stationed at the borders.

Offline semy32

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »

About this,

They would have nuclear bombs,but they aren't allowed to...

Offline Seb

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »
South Korea has a considerably less advanced and strong military than North Korea, which is why foreign soldiers are stationed at the borders.

Dude,

1. South Korea has 3x the military spending
2. Have you seen pictures of the North/South Korean capitals? Seoul looks like Deus Ex HR. Pyongyang looks like Pripyat.
Miami's Finest

Offline Don

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
About this,

They would have nuclear bombs,but they aren't allowed to...
Well, they're allowed to develop and ship them, but I honestly don't know if they're actually allowed to have any themselves.

Dude,

1. South Korea has 3x the military spending
2. Have you seen pictures of the North/South Korean capitals? Seoul looks like Deus Ex HR. Pyongyang looks like Pripyat.
1. Spending =/= Strong military. If the South Korean military was so much superior, why would they ask for foreign assistance to ensure that North Korea doesn't do anything? Seems illogical.
2. Doesn't say anything about either military.

Offline semy32

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:36 AM »
That's what I was saying, they aren't allowed to have nuclear bombs themselves.

Offline Seb

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »
Well, they're allowed to develop and ship them, but I honestly don't know if they're actually allowed to have any themselves.
1. Spending =/= Strong military. If the South Korean military was so much superior, why would they ask for foreign assistance to ensure that North Korea doesn't do anything? Seems illogical.
2. Doesn't say anything about either military.

1. Because North Korea's military is HUGE. North Korean units aren't as advanced or well-equipped, but they've tried crazy shit like digging a tunnel under the DMZ enough times for South Korea to be worried. I see your point and I acknowledge it, though.
2. It tells you that North Korea sure as dick isn't as advanced as South Korea.
Miami's Finest

Offline Don

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »
2. It tells you that North Korea sure as dick isn't as advanced as South Korea.
That's their CITIES though. For all we know they could be using futuristic robots in a war while their people starve. I never denied that North Korea is a shithole, but their military sure as hell isn't as bad as the media constantly tries to tell everyone.

Offline Seb

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
That's their CITIES though. For all we know they could be using futuristic robots in a war while their people starve. I never denied that North Korea is a shithole, but their military sure as hell isn't as bad as the media constantly tries to tell everyone.

Would that really be the case? And it definitely isn't that bad, although they're too far from being enough of a threat to make a video game about.

Now, back to Call of Duty: Mech Assault. Or Mech of Duty.
Miami's Finest

Offline Don

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »
Would that really be the case? And it definitely isn't that bad, although they're too far from being enough of a threat to make a video game about.

Now, back to Call of Duty: Mech Assault. Or Mech of Duty.
Yeah, I guess we can end it here. Pleasure discussing with you.

I'm still looking forward to Call of Robots.

(Also, there is actually a videogame about North Korea which I forgot until now, but it was shit)