.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Entertainment (Read Only) => Games => Topic started by: Astropilot on April 23, 2012, 03:58:56 PM

Title: New Call Of Duty?
Post by: Astropilot on April 23, 2012, 03:58:56 PM
http://www.callofduty.com/ (http://www.callofduty.com/)

Oh boy! I wonder what this game is going to be? *Looks towards audience* Do you have any idea?

/sarcasm

It could be another Modern Warfare, but judging by the picture it could be something different.
Title: Re: New Call Of Duty?
Post by: Supertoaster on April 23, 2012, 04:07:23 PM
Call Of Duty: Another War
Post by: Tiger Guy on April 23, 2012, 04:07:29 PM
Black Ops 2. Can't be anything else.
Post by: Cake Faice on April 23, 2012, 04:08:31 PM
It's either Iron Wolf or Black Cops 2.

Either way, same game with rehashed content from the past 5 years with 10 hour "DESTROY NUCLEAR MISSLE" storyline.
Post by: Deathie on April 23, 2012, 04:20:27 PM
It's black ops 2.
Post by: Samo on April 23, 2012, 04:36:22 PM
Cock of Duty: Black Cocks 2. A friend of mine talks about it non stop. Even built a $1000 rig just to play it. He's what I consider as a dumbass.
Either way, same game with rehashed content from the past 5 years with 1 and a half hour "DESTROY NUCLEAR MISSLE. KILL RUSSAIN IN SLOW MOTION" storyline.
Fix'd it.
This vid compliments this post very, very nicely.Duty Calls - Playthrough (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_msAKWdOs#ws)
Post by: semy32 on April 24, 2012, 04:12:56 AM
SERGEANT OF THE MASTER SERGEANTS MOST IMPORTANT PERSON OF EXTREME SERGEANTS TO THE MAX
Post by: Seb on April 24, 2012, 08:02:50 AM
Either way, same game with rehashed content from the past 5 years with 10 hour "DESTROY NUCLEAR MISSLE" storyline.

Hey now, the CoD campaigns are decent and executed very well.
Post by: Nemisous on April 24, 2012, 10:22:31 AM
Well maybe they are looking for a new war to capitalize on, lets see...... the only wars that have not been turned into a fast paced(retard) first person shooter game is........... the Civil War, Spanish- American war, WW1, the Korean war, Desert storm. Desert storm seems the most logical out of them because its the only one they can play their special ops BS.
Post by: Frank on April 24, 2012, 10:51:36 AM
Well maybe they are looking for a new war to capitalize on, lets see...... the only wars that have not been turned into a fast paced(retard) first person shooter game is........... the Civil War, Spanish- American war, WW1, the Korean war, Desert storm. Desert storm seems the most logical out of them because its the only one they can play their special ops BS.
Civil War? Call of Juarez. WW1? Necrovision and others. Korean war? Homefront, derp.
Post by: semy32 on April 24, 2012, 11:14:17 AM
And there are lots of stupid desert storm games out there.
Post by: Deacon on April 24, 2012, 11:28:29 AM

They could pull an OF:RR and pull a fictional country out of their asses.
Post by: Osme on April 24, 2012, 12:13:49 PM
They could pull an OF:RR and pull a fictional country out of their asses.
At least operation flashpoint is a decent game though. Fake country or not.
Post by: Astropilot on April 24, 2012, 01:31:59 PM

I would like a WW1. Hardly see those around.
Post by: Dale Feles on April 24, 2012, 01:39:55 PM
Yup it's another Black Cock.
Post by: Cake Faice on April 24, 2012, 02:04:49 PM
Hey now, the CoD campaigns are decent and executed very well.
Yeah, until you realize that they revolve around variants of the same "stop some evil Russian boss from asploding nuclear missile bomb all over wurld" with using M4s and SCARs with 20 attachments. All completed within a course of staying up all Saturday night with a plate of pizza rolls and a couple bottles of Mountain Dew.
Post by: Astropilot on April 24, 2012, 04:15:25 PM
(http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/activision/callofduty/teaser/assets/900x506_classified_03.jpg)

tacitus?

Other picture was actually this

Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU#ws)
Post by: Seb on April 24, 2012, 05:46:33 PM
Yeah, until you realize that they revolve around variants of the same "stop some evil Russian boss from asploding nuclear missile bomb all over wurld" with using M4s and SCARs with 20 attachments. All completed within a course of staying up all Saturday night with a plate of pizza rolls and a couple bottles of Mountain Dew.

Don't pretend you don't enjoy that. And I said "execution", the whole cinematic-like experience is pretty cool.
Post by: Frank on April 24, 2012, 06:35:51 PM
Don't pretend you don't enjoy that. And I said "execution", the whole cinematic-like experience is pretty cool.
Srs, why can't I just shoot the bad guys with an RPG? Instead of, you know, super hard headshot.
Post by: Seb on April 25, 2012, 04:12:52 AM
Srs, why can't I just shoot the bad guys with an RPG? Instead of, you know, super hard headshot.

That is my only complaint.
Post by: TehHank on April 25, 2012, 05:35:30 AM
I only bought call of duty Black ops just for the zombies. Unless they deliver a new zombies gamemode storyline (which is VERY unlikely), I won't buy this.

Otherwise
(http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif)
Post by: yoshi on April 25, 2012, 05:12:21 PM
I've never found the Nazi Zombie mode fun.
Post by: Frank on April 25, 2012, 05:33:05 PM
I've never found the Nazi Zombie mode fun.
>Black Ops
>Nazi

Bitch, please
Post by: yoshi on April 25, 2012, 07:21:30 PM
>Black Ops
>Nazi

Bitch, please
Point is?
Post by: Frank on April 25, 2012, 07:51:52 PM
Point is?
>talking about Black Ops
>"I never liked Nazi Zombies"
This ain't even by that time.
Post by: memo3300 on April 25, 2012, 08:10:56 PM
kino der toten is based on Nazi zombies in a abandoned German theatre.

anyways... i hate how  you can't trow a chair to the door and call it your barricade like you can in gmod zs
Post by: Astropilot on May 01, 2012, 05:31:14 PM
It's Black Ops 2. It takes place in a 21st century cold war. And guess who the enemy is? It's our number one favorite!

THE RUSSIANS

GIVE A BIG CLAP TO THE RUSSIANS EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ENEMIES OF AT LEAST A MILLION WAR GAMES.

And here's a video of Call Of Duty: Futuristic Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Reveal Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOjoYRgnHs#ws)
Post by: Supertoaster on May 01, 2012, 05:37:12 PM
It's Black Ops 2. It takes place in a 21st century cold war. And guess who the enemy is? It's our number one favorite!

THE RUSSIANS

GIVE A BIG CLAP TO THE RUSSIANS EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ENEMIES OF AT LEAST A MILLION WAR GAMES.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Reveal Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOjoYRgnHs#ws)
inb4 exact same thing except with russians and new maps
Post by: cogsandspigots on May 01, 2012, 05:53:28 PM

THE RUSSIANS

Wait, what?
Horses?
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 01, 2012, 08:06:12 PM

THE RUSSIANS

GEE, I DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!
Post by: Cake Faice on May 01, 2012, 09:10:29 PM

THE RUSSIANS

This game doesn't even deserve to have the time spent into pingazing it at this point.
Post by: ursus on May 01, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
This game doesn't even deserve to have the time spent into pingazing it at this point.

But robots, you guys.
Post by: Alkaline on May 01, 2012, 10:40:32 PM
But robots, you guys.

What if there is a BattleMech type gamemode?

Nah, Infinity Ward/Treyarch wouldn't even try to strain the mental capacity of its enormous player base.
Post by: Cheesicle on May 02, 2012, 04:19:31 AM
OH MAN CALL OF DUTY: FUTURE WARFARE 1.

Looks like another new shitty story line's gonna emerge. I don't see how this is related to Black Ops 1 at all.

And something else I don't get is how they manage to advance their army to the point that it's fully mechanized and that the robots have a mind of their own... Yet 13 years from today their cars and fashion looks exactly the same. And according to Treyarch, all Middle Eastern people wear turbans. Fantastic.
Post by: Seb on May 02, 2012, 04:50:30 AM
giant robots oh god take my money
Post by: Samo on May 02, 2012, 05:50:02 AM
Turbans, Russians, Horses. Looks like more bullshit people recognize as "badass".
'OMG, GHOST HAS BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR 2 MISSIONS AND NOW HE DIES! :'(, I don't care for the other people, Ghost was cool because he had a skull on his face!" - Some brain-dead fanboy

> Here we go again. Some over dramatic story that will last you literally just over an hour (On 'hardened' mode) Let's take out thousands of people with this one pistol. Let's stop the russian with the nukes. Add a bit of parkour and shit. More explosions! Moments where you are the only survivor of some horrific vehicle crash. This is why Call of Duty is the equivalent to a Michael Bay Film.

Story for Black Cocks 2: You shoot shit up, and in the end this "Woods" guy will die and everyone will cry. That is all.

By the way, all these robots and all are probably some one time use piece of crap in the Campaign, the rest is just killstreak bull. The developers are lazier than Gabe N releasing rehashed content.
I have developed an insanely large hate for Call of Duty. Being constantly surrounded by CoD fanboys anywhere outside my home is such a drag.
Post by: Astropilot on May 02, 2012, 11:31:38 AM
Call Of Duty no longer deserves the name Call Of Duty.
Post by: Seb on May 02, 2012, 12:51:04 PM
come on are you guys seriously complaining about

giant
fucking
robots

i mean i don't even like CoD but this is AWESOME
Post by: Don on May 02, 2012, 12:53:42 PM
>Call of Duty: Mech Warrior

oh my god
I might just pre-order this
holy fuck this actually looks pretty damn good
Post by: Deathstrike on May 02, 2012, 12:55:40 PM
so does this mean infinity ward/sledge hammer will make modern warfare in a WW2/Cold War setting?
Post by: Shockah on May 02, 2012, 01:39:09 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that people criticize call of duty on its repetitiveness but not battlefield, they're all the fucking same if you wanna say call of duty is repetitive go right ahead but be willing to acknowledge every other large game franchise is as well. Battlefield is the same goddamn thing is it not? Battlefield 3 story line: Stop guy with that's gonna blow up some stuff, END. Black ops story line at least has some twist and turns (though mediocre at best) where as Battlefield's was shit. The fact is practically all fps' made today are unoriginal and contain FIGHT THE RUSSIANS GET THE BAD GUY BEFORE HE LAUNCH BOMB. Tell me how this new black ops 2 seems unoriginal? Someone steals the codes/control to an unmanned army and you're fighting to regain control. I didn't see any nukes and we don't know who the enemy is it looks arab if anything not to mention the setting is in the near future. Just because you're a battlefield fanboy doesn't mean you have to hate cod and that seems to be the stereotype I don't see why you can't like both games or at least acknowledge they're both great/crap considering we're putting this much effort into formulating our opinions on two freaking video games. GAGH
Post by: semy32 on May 02, 2012, 01:41:40 PM
I hate both battlefield and cod

This looks like Battlefield 2142 which has absolutely nothing to do with battlefield 1,2,3.
Post by: Deathie on May 02, 2012, 01:55:45 PM
>Call of Duty: Mech Warrior

oh my god
I might just pre-order this
holy fuck this actually looks pretty damn good

I concur.
Post by: Cake Faice on May 02, 2012, 02:33:00 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that people criticize call of duty on its repetitiveness but not battlefield, they're all the fucking same if you wanna say call of duty is repetitive go right ahead but be willing to acknowledge every other large game franchise is as well. Battlefield is the same goddamn thing is it not?

(http://www.titaniumteddybear.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/let-me-tell-you-why-thats-bullshit.jpg)

Dude, what. Call of Duty actually is the same bullshit over and over again compared to Battlefield. Yeah, BF jumped on the Russian bandwagon toward the latest releases, but at least they were able to change the gameplay experience and have more than an hour long storyline.

Battlefield 1942: WWII shooter

Battlefield Vietnam: 1942, but with more weapons, more maps, and you're in the Vietnam time era fighting against the NVA (or vice versa if you're on the NVA side).

Battlefield 2: Takes place around 2007, you're fighting against powers like China while pairing up with the US and the European Union. A whole fuck ton of new features, very improved graphics, larger maps and begging to add strategy to classes.

Battlefield 2 - Bad Company 1 and 2: Fighting against Russia to secure some scalar weapon, large graphical improvements, large open maps, actually using teamwork to get through online, a fuckton of new weapons and such.

Battlefield 3 - Blah blah, stop some Russian from fucking shit up with some nuclear device. Really eye-candy graphical improvements, a lot larger open maps, a variety of new vehicles, both land, air, and water, you really have to use teamwork to not suck online, and has its share of realism.

Now let's look at CoD (dunno if these go in order)

Call of Duty 1 - 3: Basically WWII shooters. CoD 2 being the best WWII shooter I've ever played.

Call of Duty 4: Stop some Russian dickbutt from unleashing hell onto the US with nuclear warheads. I still liked CoD 4. Graphics had a nice improvement over the past 3.

World at War: A visit back to WWII, focusing more around the Japs. Had zombies in it, once again, I still liked this one.

Modern Warefare 2 (downfall of FPS games in general): Okay, not really much of a graphical improvement, still stopping Russian boss from committing acts of terrorism to the US. Somewhat different online, still the same, small maps with rehashed content with a $15 price tag.

Black Ops: Once again, stop Russian boss from asploding chemical gas all over the US. Not really a graphical improvement, same shitty, small maps with the same online experience. Having kids constantly tell you "FUCK YOU I DID YOUR MOM LAST NIGHT, FAGGOT". Had nice zombie gameplay.

Modern Warefare 3: Cool, you can change perspectives and shit within the story. But still the same, redundant experience, not much of a graphical improvement, still use a SCAR with a clusterfuck of different attachments, same bullshit multiplayer, same shitty rehashed map packs. Same fucking all-nighter storyline.

Battlefield 3 story line: Stop guy with that's gonna blow up some stuff, END. Black ops story line at least has some twist and turns (though mediocre at best) where as Battlefield's was shit.

See above.

The fact is practically all fps' made today are unoriginal and contain FIGHT THE RUSSIANS GET THE BAD GUY BEFORE HE LAUNCH BOMB.

You can thank Call of Duty and their fanbase for that one, now that developers think that by having the same shit-tastic experience with US vs. Russian allies, weapons that have attachments like forks and wipe-your-ass toilet paper rolls, and 3 map packs for $20, will get all the mothers of 13 year old kids to buy their games.

Tell me how this new black ops 2 seems unoriginal? Someone steals the codes/control to an unmanned army and you're fighting to regain control. I didn't see any nukes and we don't know who the enemy is it looks arab if anything not to mention the setting is in the near future.

Honestly, it may have an alternate plot line, but will still pretty much have the same gameplay and multiplayer as the previous ones, if they didn't get the 4 year hint.

Just because you're a battlefield fanboy doesn't mean you have to hate cod and that seems to be the stereotype I don't see why you can't like both games or at least acknowledge they're both great/crap considering we're putting this much effort into formulating our opinions on two freaking video games. GAGH

Obvious CoD fanboy.
Post by: Pryvisee on May 02, 2012, 02:56:30 PM
I am not gonna lie.. This looks actually pretty great. I'm not a fan of CoD, but I might just pirate it just to play the story.

But the trailer doesn't always make the game a good game.
Dead Island: The debut trailer was epic, trailer was nothing like the game.
Post by: Osme on May 02, 2012, 03:10:50 PM
Unlike mw3, I might actually find this worthy for free downloading if only because the crosshairs arnt tiny white lines anymore apparently. Thats enough of a "selling" point for me these days.
And anything that looks mech/future is good enough reason to torrent. Is it so difficult to come out with a mech game that has a stupid over complicated key set so that there may never be a shit on console version that limits the game? Oh right. 12 year olds wont get moist over it ;-;
Post by: blαh2355 on May 02, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
Well Black Ops 2 basically equals Future warfare. Why is it always the Russians? This is somewhat interesting since it's in the future. I think FPSRussia also has those 4 rotor helicopter with a machine gun on it.
Post by: Astropilot on May 02, 2012, 06:00:39 PM
Well Black Ops 2 basically equals Future warfare. Why is it always the Russians? This is somewhat interesting since it's in the future. I think FPSRussia also has those 4 rotor helicopter with a machine gun on it.

If the enemies were:

Africans: It would be considered racist
Europeans: We're betraying our allies
Americans: Considered unpatriotic
Middle Eastern: Here we go with the 9/11 thing

The Russians are manly enough to participate into being the enemies
Post by: cogsandspigots on May 02, 2012, 06:08:50 PM
If the enemies were:

Someone hasn't played Far Cry 2.
Post by: Alphaggot on May 02, 2012, 06:11:06 PM

Someone hasn't played Medal of Honor.
Post by: Cake Faice on May 02, 2012, 06:11:29 PM
Or the jungle maps on Modern Fuckfare 3's survival mode.
Post by: Frank on May 02, 2012, 06:17:44 PM
Resident Evil 5
Post by: cogsandspigots on May 02, 2012, 06:27:10 PM
Resident Evil 5
Now that I think about it.....

Far Cry 2 had more Australian enemies than African enemies.

For.
Some.
Reason.
Post by: blαh2355 on May 02, 2012, 07:44:13 PM
Someone hasn't played COD 4: Modern Warfare
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 02, 2012, 08:05:06 PM
If the enemies were:

Europeans: We're betraying our allies
Americans: Considered unpatriotic

The Russians are manly enough to participate into being the enemies
What about Best Korea? Or if da south rose again?
Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 10:20:25 AM
What about Best Korea? Or if da south rose again?

North Korea is a joke. Now, another Civil War is interesting.
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 10:26:45 AM
North Korea is a joke. Now, another Civil War is interesting.
How exactly is it a joke?
Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 10:30:08 AM
How exactly is it a joke?

All their people are starving, they don't have the capability to make a working missile, and their technology and military is way outdated. If they do ever actually commit an act of war they're fucked because no other country is on good terms with them due to their passive-aggressive isolationism. The ruler might have total domination over his people, but it's nothing capable of anything as serious as if China or Germany or maybe even a couple of eastern European shitholes decided "fuck the world".
Post by: semy32 on May 03, 2012, 10:31:24 AM
All their people are starving, they don't have the capability to make a working missile, and their technology and military is way outdated. If they do ever actually commit an act of war they're fucked because no other country is on good terms with them due to their passive-aggressive isolationism. The ruler might have total domination over his people, but it's nothing capable of anything as serious as if China or Germany or maybe even a couple of eastern European shitholes decided "fuck the world".

You are so wrong
Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 10:33:26 AM
You are so wrong

North, not South.
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 10:37:25 AM
oh my god are you actually serious?
you can't possibly be this misinformed ._.
Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 10:40:47 AM
oh my god are you actually serious?
you can't possibly be this misinformed ._.

http://www.japanfocus.org/-Sangkeun-Lee/3333 (http://www.japanfocus.org/-Sangkeun-Lee/3333)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/uk-korea-north-nuclear-idUKTRE70U1O920110131 (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/uk-korea-north-nuclear-idUKTRE70U1O920110131)
http://www.iiss.org/publications/strategic-dossiers/north-korean-dossier/north-koreas-weapons-programmes-a-net-asses/the-conventional-military-balance-on-the-kore/ (http://www.iiss.org/publications/strategic-dossiers/north-korean-dossier/north-koreas-weapons-programmes-a-net-asses/the-conventional-military-balance-on-the-kore/)
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/28/obama-adviser-north-korea-not-an-imminent-threat-to-the-us/ (http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/28/obama-adviser-north-korea-not-an-imminent-threat-to-the-us/)
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20090525/155088016.html (http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20090525/155088016.html)
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2012/04/north_korea_missile_launch_poses_no_serious_threat_to_the_united_states_.html (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2012/04/north_korea_missile_launch_poses_no_serious_threat_to_the_united_states_.html)
Post by: semy32 on May 03, 2012, 10:45:35 AM

People should really stop believing in these public articles.

Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 10:47:37 AM
People should really stop believing in these public articles.

Show me proof North Korea isn't a sad, little, backwards country.

And there's PLENTY of citations.
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 10:48:23 AM
d
see, most of this focuses on either Europe or North/South America, which they truly aren't a threat to. And also, most nuclear-related posts are from 2009. A lot can change within 3 years.
But think about Asian countries, in particular South Korea.
North Korea has so much artillery ready in place to fire at SKorea, they could literally wipe them off the map within a few minutes. The only reason why they haven't done it is because of the fear of retaliation by other major powers, mainly the US.

Oh and also, China is still technically an ally with NKorea, and China is probably the most powerful ally you can have.

You don't need to have nuclear weapons to be dangerous to other countries. Not to mention that Germany, which you said can do serious damage too, doesn't have any nuclear weapons either.

Show me proof North Korea isn't a sad, little, backwards country.
That's not up to debate, it's about the military strength of North Korea, which is one of the strongest armies in existence.
Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 10:50:43 AM
see, most of this focuses on either Europe or North/South America, which they truly aren't a threat to. And also, most nuclear-related posts are from 2009. A lot can change within 3 years.
But think about Asian countries, in particular South Korea.
North Korea has so much artillery ready in place to fire at SKorea, they could literally wipe them off the map within a few minutes. The only reason why they haven't done it is because of the fear of retaliation by other major powers, mainly the US.

You don't need to have nuclear weapons to be dangerous to other countries. Not to mention that Germany, which you said can do serious damage too, doesn't have any nuclear weapons either.
That's not up to debate, it's about the military strength of North Korea, which is one of the strongest armies in existence.

They aren't much a threat to South Korea (other than the artillery) either because all their technology is from the 60's. Not to mention they might give the biggest share of their economy to the military, but the North Korean economy is TINY. South Korea gives their military 3x as much.
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 10:52:50 AM
They aren't much a threat to South Korea (other than the artillery) either because all their technology is from the 60's. Not to mention they might give the biggest share of their economy to the military, but the North Korean economy is TINY. South Korea gives their military 3x as much.
Even if we assume their technology is from the 60s, what makes you think they wouldn't be able to hit South Korea with it anyway?
South Korea has a considerably less advanced and strong military than North Korea, which is why foreign soldiers are stationed at the borders.
Post by: semy32 on May 03, 2012, 10:54:30 AM

About this,

They would have nuclear bombs,but they aren't allowed to...
Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 10:56:38 AM
South Korea has a considerably less advanced and strong military than North Korea, which is why foreign soldiers are stationed at the borders.

Dude,

1. South Korea has 3x the military spending
2. Have you seen pictures of the North/South Korean capitals? Seoul looks like Deus Ex HR. Pyongyang looks like Pripyat.
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 10:59:01 AM
About this,

They would have nuclear bombs,but they aren't allowed to...
Well, they're allowed to develop and ship them, but I honestly don't know if they're actually allowed to have any themselves.

Dude,

1. South Korea has 3x the military spending
2. Have you seen pictures of the North/South Korean capitals? Seoul looks like Deus Ex HR. Pyongyang looks like Pripyat.
1. Spending =/= Strong military. If the South Korean military was so much superior, why would they ask for foreign assistance to ensure that North Korea doesn't do anything? Seems illogical.
2. Doesn't say anything about either military.
Post by: semy32 on May 03, 2012, 11:02:36 AM
That's what I was saying, they aren't allowed to have nuclear bombs themselves.

Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 11:02:52 AM
Well, they're allowed to develop and ship them, but I honestly don't know if they're actually allowed to have any themselves.
1. Spending =/= Strong military. If the South Korean military was so much superior, why would they ask for foreign assistance to ensure that North Korea doesn't do anything? Seems illogical.
2. Doesn't say anything about either military.

1. Because North Korea's military is HUGE. North Korean units aren't as advanced or well-equipped, but they've tried crazy shit like digging a tunnel under the DMZ enough times for South Korea to be worried. I see your point and I acknowledge it, though.
2. It tells you that North Korea sure as dick isn't as advanced as South Korea.
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 11:05:19 AM
2. It tells you that North Korea sure as dick isn't as advanced as South Korea.
That's their CITIES though. For all we know they could be using futuristic robots in a war while their people starve. I never denied that North Korea is a shithole, but their military sure as hell isn't as bad as the media constantly tries to tell everyone.
Post by: Seb on May 03, 2012, 11:07:56 AM
That's their CITIES though. For all we know they could be using futuristic robots in a war while their people starve. I never denied that North Korea is a shithole, but their military sure as hell isn't as bad as the media constantly tries to tell everyone.

Would that really be the case? And it definitely isn't that bad, although they're too far from being enough of a threat to make a video game about.

Now, back to Call of Duty: Mech Assault. Or Mech of Duty.
Post by: Don on May 03, 2012, 11:09:26 AM
Would that really be the case? And it definitely isn't that bad, although they're too far from being enough of a threat to make a video game about.

Now, back to Call of Duty: Mech Assault. Or Mech of Duty.
Yeah, I guess we can end it here. Pleasure discussing with you.

I'm still looking forward to Call of Robots.

(Also, there is actually a videogame about North Korea which I forgot until now, but it was shit)
Post by: Deathie on May 03, 2012, 11:44:33 AM
(Also, there is actually a videogame about North Korea which I forgot until now, but it was shit)

Homefront.
Post by: Deathstrike on May 03, 2012, 12:33:40 PM
Homefront.
i found that game to be fun
Post by: Osme on May 03, 2012, 02:27:27 PM
i found that game to be fun
You are one of the few...
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 04, 2012, 12:48:26 PM
Fun Fact: North Korea has 4 times the amount of soldiers that America has, even though America has 12 times the population.
Post by: Deathstrike on May 04, 2012, 12:52:10 PM
Fun Fact: North Korea has 4 times the amount of soldiers that America has, even though America has 12 times the population.
also a fun fact most of their population are military strategists
Post by: Deacon on May 04, 2012, 01:30:23 PM

Compulsory Conscription?

Also, training.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 04, 2012, 01:40:19 PM
Compulsory Conscription?

Also, training.
I'm not saying that that NKorea's army is better, I'm saying that it is bigger eventhough the population is way smaller than the U.S..

Quality > Quantity
Post by: Cheesicle on May 06, 2012, 04:06:22 AM
Came back after a month of inactivity to see how RND was doing.

Saw another heated political debate

See ya'll in another month
Post by: Seb on May 06, 2012, 08:46:30 AM
Came back after a month of inactivity to see how RND was doing.

Saw another heated political debate

See ya'll in another month

dumpass, ir's a calm discussion
Post by: Dale Feles on May 06, 2012, 08:53:18 AM
dumpass

Man, your pass is so dumb Cheesicle.
Post by: Mehis on May 08, 2012, 06:15:36 AM
For me, it's just another COD. I did buy MW2 and Black Ops nearly after their release. Both were fun, I enjoyed MW2 much more, though. For Black Ops I lost the magic in one or two weeks. I got simple bored of it.
CODs are almost all the same, Run-And-Gun. They aren't really good for competitive gameplay (Except MW) and in the end it will only last as long as you are addicted to it. You pretty much can't go back simply because the playerbase vanishes to new COD. So Black Ops 2 is just another COD game with nothing extremely new.
In my opinion, they should make whole new series with more of a competitive style. People will always stick to it as long as they can play competitively against other players and customize the game. Great example is Valve. All of their games are customize-able, which makes them so successful.
Post by: Frank on May 08, 2012, 08:02:39 AM
The death of AlterIW killed any chances of me ever loving Activision again.
Post by: Deathstrike on May 08, 2012, 12:36:51 PM
The death of AlterIW killed any chances of me ever loving Activision again.
lol true that