Author Topic: New Call Of Duty?  (Read 737 times)

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Re: New Call Of Duty?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »
It's Black Ops 2. It takes place in a 21st century cold war. And guess who the enemy is? It's our number one favorite!

THE RUSSIANS

GIVE A BIG CLAP TO THE RUSSIANS EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ENEMIES OF AT LEAST A MILLION WAR GAMES.

And here's a video of Call Of Duty: Futuristic Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Reveal Trailer [HD]
This game doesn't even deserve to have the time spent into pingazing it at this point.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »
This game doesn't even deserve to have the time spent into pingazing it at this point.

But robots, you guys.

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:32 PM »
But robots, you guys.

What if there is a BattleMech type gamemode?

Nah, Infinity Ward/Treyarch wouldn't even try to strain the mental capacity of its enormous player base.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
  • Respect: +841
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 04:19:31 AM »
OH MAN CALL OF DUTY: FUTURE WARFARE 1.

Looks like another new shitty story line's gonna emerge. I don't see how this is related to Black Ops 1 at all.

And something else I don't get is how they manage to advance their army to the point that it's fully mechanized and that the robots have a mind of their own... Yet 13 years from today their cars and fashion looks exactly the same. And according to Treyarch, all Middle Eastern people wear turbans. Fantastic.

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 04:50:30 AM »
giant robots oh god take my money
Miami's Finest

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 05:50:02 AM »
Turbans, Russians, Horses. Looks like more bullshit people recognize as "badass".
'OMG, GHOST HAS BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR 2 MISSIONS AND NOW HE DIES! :'(, I don't care for the other people, Ghost was cool because he had a skull on his face!" - Some brain-dead fanboy

> Here we go again. Some over dramatic story that will last you literally just over an hour (On 'hardened' mode) Let's take out thousands of people with this one pistol. Let's stop the russian with the nukes. Add a bit of parkour and shit. More explosions! Moments where you are the only survivor of some horrific vehicle crash. This is why Call of Duty is the equivalent to a Michael Bay Film.

Story for Black Cocks 2: You shoot shit up, and in the end this "Woods" guy will die and everyone will cry. That is all.

By the way, all these robots and all are probably some one time use piece of crap in the Campaign, the rest is just killstreak bull. The developers are lazier than Gabe N releasing rehashed content.
I have developed an insanely large hate for Call of Duty. Being constantly surrounded by CoD fanboys anywhere outside my home is such a drag.

Offline Astropilot

• Infinitus Tabula Rasa
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• A little bit morass
  • Respect: +1207
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
Call Of Duty no longer deserves the name Call Of Duty.

Inspirational quotes don't do jack until you do something yourself

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »
+1
come on are you guys seriously complaining about

giant
fucking
robots

i mean i don't even like CoD but this is AWESOME
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:57:32 PM by Seb »
Miami's Finest

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
>Call of Duty: Mech Warrior

oh my god
I might just pre-order this
holy fuck this actually looks pretty damn good

Offline Deathstrike

• ASDF
  • Respect: +10
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
so does this mean infinity ward/sledge hammer will make modern warfare in a WW2/Cold War setting?

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »
It's absolutely ridiculous that people criticize call of duty on its repetitiveness but not battlefield, they're all the fucking same if you wanna say call of duty is repetitive go right ahead but be willing to acknowledge every other large game franchise is as well. Battlefield is the same goddamn thing is it not? Battlefield 3 story line: Stop guy with that's gonna blow up some stuff, END. Black ops story line at least has some twist and turns (though mediocre at best) where as Battlefield's was shit. The fact is practically all fps' made today are unoriginal and contain FIGHT THE RUSSIANS GET THE BAD GUY BEFORE HE LAUNCH BOMB. Tell me how this new black ops 2 seems unoriginal? Someone steals the codes/control to an unmanned army and you're fighting to regain control. I didn't see any nukes and we don't know who the enemy is it looks arab if anything not to mention the setting is in the near future. Just because you're a battlefield fanboy doesn't mean you have to hate cod and that seems to be the stereotype I don't see why you can't like both games or at least acknowledge they're both great/crap considering we're putting this much effort into formulating our opinions on two freaking video games. GAGH

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »
I hate both battlefield and cod

This looks like Battlefield 2142 which has absolutely nothing to do with battlefield 1,2,3.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2012, 01:55:45 PM »
>Call of Duty: Mech Warrior

oh my god
I might just pre-order this
holy fuck this actually looks pretty damn good

I concur.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
+1
It's absolutely ridiculous that people criticize call of duty on its repetitiveness but not battlefield, they're all the fucking same if you wanna say call of duty is repetitive go right ahead but be willing to acknowledge every other large game franchise is as well. Battlefield is the same goddamn thing is it not?

Dude, what. Call of Duty actually is the same bullshit over and over again compared to Battlefield. Yeah, BF jumped on the Russian bandwagon toward the latest releases, but at least they were able to change the gameplay experience and have more than an hour long storyline.

Battlefield 1942: WWII shooter

Battlefield Vietnam: 1942, but with more weapons, more maps, and you're in the Vietnam time era fighting against the NVA (or vice versa if you're on the NVA side).

Battlefield 2: Takes place around 2007, you're fighting against powers like China while pairing up with the US and the European Union. A whole fuck ton of new features, very improved graphics, larger maps and begging to add strategy to classes.

Battlefield 2 - Bad Company 1 and 2: Fighting against Russia to secure some scalar weapon, large graphical improvements, large open maps, actually using teamwork to get through online, a fuckton of new weapons and such.

Battlefield 3 - Blah blah, stop some Russian from fucking shit up with some nuclear device. Really eye-candy graphical improvements, a lot larger open maps, a variety of new vehicles, both land, air, and water, you really have to use teamwork to not suck online, and has its share of realism.

Now let's look at CoD (dunno if these go in order)

Call of Duty 1 - 3: Basically WWII shooters. CoD 2 being the best WWII shooter I've ever played.

Call of Duty 4: Stop some Russian dickbutt from unleashing hell onto the US with nuclear warheads. I still liked CoD 4. Graphics had a nice improvement over the past 3.

World at War: A visit back to WWII, focusing more around the Japs. Had zombies in it, once again, I still liked this one.

Modern Warefare 2 (downfall of FPS games in general): Okay, not really much of a graphical improvement, still stopping Russian boss from committing acts of terrorism to the US. Somewhat different online, still the same, small maps with rehashed content with a $15 price tag.

Black Ops: Once again, stop Russian boss from asploding chemical gas all over the US. Not really a graphical improvement, same shitty, small maps with the same online experience. Having kids constantly tell you "FUCK YOU I DID YOUR MOM LAST NIGHT, FAGGOT". Had nice zombie gameplay.

Modern Warefare 3: Cool, you can change perspectives and shit within the story. But still the same, redundant experience, not much of a graphical improvement, still use a SCAR with a clusterfuck of different attachments, same bullshit multiplayer, same shitty rehashed map packs. Same fucking all-nighter storyline.

Battlefield 3 story line: Stop guy with that's gonna blow up some stuff, END. Black ops story line at least has some twist and turns (though mediocre at best) where as Battlefield's was shit.

See above.

The fact is practically all fps' made today are unoriginal and contain FIGHT THE RUSSIANS GET THE BAD GUY BEFORE HE LAUNCH BOMB.

You can thank Call of Duty and their fanbase for that one, now that developers think that by having the same shit-tastic experience with US vs. Russian allies, weapons that have attachments like forks and wipe-your-ass toilet paper rolls, and 3 map packs for $20, will get all the mothers of 13 year old kids to buy their games.

Tell me how this new black ops 2 seems unoriginal? Someone steals the codes/control to an unmanned army and you're fighting to regain control. I didn't see any nukes and we don't know who the enemy is it looks arab if anything not to mention the setting is in the near future.

Honestly, it may have an alternate plot line, but will still pretty much have the same gameplay and multiplayer as the previous ones, if they didn't get the 4 year hint.

Just because you're a battlefield fanboy doesn't mean you have to hate cod and that seems to be the stereotype I don't see why you can't like both games or at least acknowledge they're both great/crap considering we're putting this much effort into formulating our opinions on two freaking video games. GAGH

Obvious CoD fanboy.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:54:19 PM by Cake Face »

Offline Pryvisee

• Half-Life Enthusiast.
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +231
    • Build a boat
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »
I am not gonna lie.. This looks actually pretty great. I'm not a fan of CoD, but I might just pirate it just to play the story.

But the trailer doesn't always make the game a good game.
Dead Island: The debut trailer was epic, trailer was nothing like the game.

Sabb: oh when'd you get there!?
Sabb: That was embarrassing.