Author Topic: Devs of "Heavy Rain" has a new project - KARA (tech demo) from Quantic Dream  (Read 208 times)

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
It would be interesting to see everyones responses to this:

What if you were the one testing her? As in you're guy's voice in this video. How would you have reacted if she said "I thought.. I was real"
Would you have had a feel? Or simply just see her simply as a play thing, a type of machinery. She is a type of machine, but the way she portrays her feelings, the way she talks to you. Do you think it's possible (if you owned one) for you to fall inlove with her?

I think it's totally plausible. Even if she's just screws and cables, we're the same way. Just that we're natural and she's synthetic. She'd still have a mind, fears, emotions, ideas, could learn, etc. I'd freak out. I don't think I could cope with such a thing. I wouldn't work in such a company anyway. It's like the Geth.
Jesus fuck, I actually felt a lot of emotion with that, just like in Heavy Rain.
Inorite?

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
I wouldn't even know what to do

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
  • Respect: +1040
    • Twatter
At least you guys would think about it.
Whenever I ask proudly something that starts with
 "What if---"

He simply just answers it with "Then the world would just keep on turning babygirl" with a sarcastic tone.
Fucking hate it so thank you for answering and giving it a thought

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
For PS3. Dammit. It seems like it would be pretty good, though not as good as Heavy Rain. Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be too similar to iRobot...

Offline semy32

• Respect: +72
Am I the only one who never heard about "heavy rain" ?

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
    • Twatter
Am I the only one who never heard about "heavy rain" ?

Nahman jayden fbi

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Nahman jayden fbi

EYUM LEWKEN FOR TEH ORIGAMY KILLUH.

Seriously, was I the only one annoyed at how him and Blake always said "gammy" for "Origami"?

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235

Seriously, was I the only one annoyed at how him and Blake always said "gammy" for "Origami"?

I'm here to see Paco.

Just paco.
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
I'm here to see Paco.

Just paco.

THERE AIN'T NO PAHCKO HERE BUDDY.

GET LOST.

Also, don't forget Madisons fun-time with PAHCKO.

Offline Hotgreensoldier

• I think.. I think I won't see you again after all
  • But maybe..Maybe I'm fighting for different reason
  • Respect: +235
THERE AIN'T NO PAHCKO HERE BUDDY.

GET LOST.

ARE YA ABSUHLOOTELY CERTAIN?
<08:17:05> "RND Faggot": <17:16:21> "Nautilus": where
<17:16:24> "Nautilus": where u goin
<17:16:26> "[Valor]iPouncる": niggatown

Moo: general tishipants

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
    • Twatter

Lmao I was annoyed too. OriGaaaamii killer
It bothered me the way he talked in general Idk why lol

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
Oo interesting, I saw this the other day. It sure kept me going for the whole duration of the video.

It would be interesting to see everyones responses to this:

What if you were the one testing her? As in you're guy's voice in this video. How would you have reacted if she said "I thought.. I was real"
Would you have had a feel? Or simply just see her simply as a play thing, a type of machinery. She is a type of machine, but the way she portrays her feelings, the way she talks to you. Do you think it's possible (if you owned one) for you to fall inlove with her?

Chobits.. this manga/anime series addresses this concept. I found it an interesting read & watch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chobits

Personally I wouldn't have sent her away on the product line. I would have probably taken her with me to figure out what exactly is ticking differently. If she can invoke thought I would ask her how she felt like living. I'd attempt to help her get on her feet to achieve her goals and enter the world as an independent at that point I suppose.

Do I think it's possible to fall in love with a machine? Well.. that discusses the complexity and depth of care for another. People fall in love with their dogs, some with their cars or other obsessions. If the topic is a sexual passion I think a one sided approach is possible. However, for a mutual passionate relationship to exist the machine would have to exhibit the same level of complexities as in a human relationship. Considering the machine's capabilities are seemingly self-advancing its hard to say at what stage of development they are and what capabilities they possess. Even so I would say that there will always be a borderline between man made machinery and human existance. The capabilities of a human in a particular stage might be matched or exceeded by a machine counterpart, however the full range of capability exposed to a human life is much more complex and diverse. I suppose there will be a time when that line is more blurred than today but I still believe it will continue to exist.
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Castle

• Respect: +19
Heavy fuckin' rain!

seriously , epic stuff!

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
    • Twatter
Oo interesting, I saw this the other day. It sure kept me going for the whole duration of the video.

Chobits.. this manga/anime series addresses this concept. I found it an interesting read & watch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chobits

Personally I wouldn't have sent her away on the product line. I would have probably taken her with me to figure out what exactly is ticking differently. If she can invoke thought I would ask her how she felt like living. I'd attempt to help her get on her feet to achieve her goals and enter the world as an independent at that point I suppose.

Do I think it's possible to fall in love with a machine? Well.. that discusses the complexity and depth of care for another. People fall in love with their dogs, some with their cars or other obsessions. If the topic is a sexual passion I think a one sided approach is possible. However, for a mutual passionate relationship to exist the machine would have to exhibit the same level of complexities as in a human relationship. Considering the machine's capabilities are seemingly self-advancing its hard to say at what stage of development they are and what capabilities they possess. Even so I would say that there will always be a borderline between man made machinery and human existance. The capabilities of a human in a particular stage might be matched or exceeded by a machine counterpart, however the full range of capability exposed to a human life is much more complex and diverse. I suppose there will be a time when that line is more blurred than today but I still believe it will continue to exist.

Yeahh chobits! The thing about her was she wasn't aware she was a robot or human. She was as innocent as a little girl who's just taking life as it was. She wasn't independent but she needed hideki for assistance to teach her about the world she doesn't understand.  The only thing that's different about her and other persocoms was that she was able to feel emotions.

But Idk if you've seen the episode where chi's boss explained his story about marrying a persocom and hidekis cram school teachers husband completely forgetting about her cuz of a persocom.. but yeah. Those are more in depth compared to chi's innocent little self.