Author Topic: KONY 2012, This should be seen, by everyone  (Read 907 times)

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
  • Respect: +1837
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
Re: KONY 2012, This should be seen, by everyone
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »
+1
Pretty much what don said.

This is overreacted.He could be easily stopped. A lot of groups like "invisible people" claim that they are a non-profit group who gives the money for charity, NO.I'm sure he got a few thousands of dollars for that.

There aren't many of these groups which are real.

(Also I'm pretty sure that, this is just some made up story.This "KONY" probably doesn't exist.However I haven't done any research on him so I don't know.)
He is a man who has a lot of power for all the wrong reason, just like any other dictator. Of course he is going to be difficult to find. He is one man out of thousands of other people in a huge continent with a lot of places to hide; just saying he "doesn't exist" isn't going to make that problem, or any problem for that matter go away. It just makes you not care. That's what most of everyone's mentality has been doing over this long running issue, "I don't see see it, and it doesn't effect me, there for it must not exist." and that just isn't the case.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
Lol, if Joseph Kony didn't exist in the first place, there would be TONS of controversy over this propaganda, and it wouldn't be as popular as it is. And no, it's not easy to stop someone like this? That's like saying it was extremely easy to stop Bin Laden, who obviously, directly impacted the US, so he had the FULL attention of US and the citizens, yet it still took a decent amount of time to get him.
>implying Osama wasn't US

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
+1
He could be easily stopped.
Woah
Stop right there
African warlords aren't some dumb people picked up from the street.
Most of them are really intelligent. They know where they can go without any danger and that's about all the places they will go to.

He is a man who has a lot of power for all the wrong reason, just like any other dictator. 
But ... He isn't a dictator?
He's one of the leaders of a rebel group, nothing more.

And for what Don's saying about the LRA probably still not even being active and shit, obviously, there's a lot of trouble in Africa and the LRA isn't the only problem. I don't live in Africa. I don't truthfully know what happens there. Truthfully, you don't either. But the main point of what I'm saying is that there are obviously still BIG issues in Africa where help should probably be given in some form.
(Not commenting on government support/donations because I already said my opinion on this)
See this is where you're going off topic.
Everyone knows there is a really huge amount of problems in Africa, but that's not the point of this movement at all. It's purely about Uganda, Kony and the LRA. Not about any other country or its problems.

But if the LRA wasn't any longer active, A) the government would obviously know that, and no action would be needed there, but B) there are still plenty of other issues to be dealt with, of similar circumstances.

Issues that are mostly up to the country itself to fix (for example human rights, hunger, etc). Nothing that needs military influence of foreign countries, which is what this movement wants people to support.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:18:06 AM by DoeniDon »

Offline Nemisous

• you're all puppets tangled in strings.
  • I have no strings on me
  • Respect: +258
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »
tbh, Even if we catch this fellow it doesn't solve the problem. As he still has followers loyal to him, and would gladly take his place as leader. But you also have to look at the vast spectrum of things. Kony's group is one of hundreds groups in Africa that rule the rural population through fear, fighting these groups would be about as effective as the war on terror. it would be a never ending cycle, and would result in more bloodshed and further deteriorate of the situation in Africa. as much as i would love for Africa to prosper and grow out of this phase it just doesnt seem likely. We live in a sad world dont we?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:02:02 PM by Nemisous »

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »
Don: I love you babby. Pretty much simplified my thoughts on the subject exactly.

Sure, it's bad that this kind of stuff was going on. However, not only is it outdated as don said, but it's a domestic dispute and doesn't require the meddling of other nations where we have no business. It's not as easy as just donating and giving support to a group that really has no power to do anything. In fact, I'm really not sure why this whole "Kony 2012" thing is surfacing now after the group's inactivity.

Just restating, not that I don't feel bad about what happened there, but instead it's simply that there's no reason to do anything about it, especially since there's nothing that really can be done in the first place.

Offline Doctor Who

• Slippery midget
  • Starcraft 2
  • Respect: +170
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 03:06:37 PM »
Woah
Stop right there
Most of them are really intelligent. They know where they can go without any danger and that's about all the places they will go to.
As an example, the Rwandan Genocide massacre in 1994 estimated nearly a million killed by machetes.

Thanks Crypto for this banner <3

I WAS TELEPORTING EVERYWHERE
TOTALL BS
i was at 2.5k ping
gggg
LOL -Alex

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 03:15:44 PM »
+1
tbh, Even if we catch this fellow it doesn't solve the problem. As he still has followers loyal to him, and would gladly take his place as leader. But you also have to look at the vast spectrum of things. Kony's group is one of hundreds groups in Africa that rule the rural population through fear, fighting these groups would be about as effective as the war on terror. it would be a never ending cycle, and would result in more bloodshed and further deteriorate of the situation in Africa. as much as i would love for Africa to prosper and grow out of this phase it just doesnt seem likely. We live in a sad world dont we?
Exactly like "the war on terror". Secret hidden deals, contracts, and agreements, and the later supression of every witness and implicated person and/or entity.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
DoeniDon 2012.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +1915
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
+4
DoeniDon 2012.
He would destroy America on purpose.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
He would destroy America on purpose.
Ah, shit, good point.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »
Woah
Stop right there
But ... He isn't a dictator?
He's one of the leaders of a rebel group, nothing more.
(Not commenting on government support/donations because I already said my opinion on this)
See this is where you're going off topic.
Everyone knows there is a really huge amount of problems in Africa, but that's not the point of this movement at all. It's purely about Uganda, Kony and the LRA. Not about any other country or its problems.

Issues that are mostly up to the country itself to fix (for example human rights, hunger, etc). Nothing that needs military influence of foreign countries, which is what this movement wants people to support.
The propaganda is focused on Uganda, Kony, and the LRA, but it makes people more aware/interested in Africa's problems itself too. For you saying it's not any other countries problems, I knew that would be said. It might not be other countries' problems, but where rebels get out of hand and are killing, kidnapping, etc, is when other countries SHOULD get involved. If a large amount of people's lives are at risk. I wasn't saying to help better form their government, rights, or anything. Just that countries really should get involved when the above situation occurs.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
This thread makes me

>

Me and Don had our discussion on this yesterday. I do believe he saw my point, which is near to that of Sabbs' perspective.

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
For you saying it's not any other countries problems, I knew that would be said. It might not be other countries' problems, but where rebels get out of hand and are killing, kidnapping, etc, is when other countries SHOULD get involved.
Which isn't happening at the moment.
It happened sort-of frequently as part of a war 9 years ago.
It last happened (due to reasons stated above) 3 years ago.

/Edit:
I might have misunderstood your point there. Not sure if you're talking about the whole of africa there or just Uganda.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:43:56 PM by DoeniDon »

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »
Which isn't happening at the moment.
It happened sort-of frequently as part of a war 9 years ago.
It last happened (due to reasons stated above) 3 years ago.
I know the most of the big issues happened a little ago, and I'm honestly not sure what's currently going on in Africa, but I know that the whole rebel issue is reoccurring, and as far as I know, no significant differences were made to prevent it. So, it's still an issue whether it's happened in the past, or hasn't happened YET.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
  • Respect: +1040
    • Twatter
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »
+3
You can choose to believe what you want.
That is all.