Restricted (Read Only) > VIPs

Bunny hopping?

(1/3) > >>

Alkaline:
Recently, I have noticed a few players bunny hopping at speeds almost double what they would be if they just walked. So fast that it just looked plain artificial and robotic.

The only two possible things (that I could think of) were that they could be:
(a) using a script with bypass
(b) using their scroll wheel with the jump bind

I decided to try out the scroll wheel bind trick with my own mouse since I could unlock the wheel and make it spin freely. There was always a delay in between jumps no matter how fast I spun the wheel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj02ldo95mU

Here is a video, three clips, of one person bunny hopping ingame (Mayan).
It's from my perspective when I was playing.
His jumping is consistent and he picks up tremendous speed occasionally.

I decided to make a topic here as I am unsure how to deal with players like this.
Like I said, this seems so artificial and I don't think a player would go through the hassle of wearing out his scroll wheel when he could be using a script.

Shawn:
I think they bind it to mouse 3 where you just have to hold the button down and you keep jumping non stop I'm not sure about that though Smasters seems to be the best to answer this everytime i play with that guy in CSS he just flys through courses with his b-hops...

Deacon:

--- Quote from: Shawn on February 05, 2012, 06:01:06 PM ---I think they bind it to mouse 3 where you just have to hold the button down and you keep jumping non stop I'm not sure about that though Smasters seems to be the best to answer this everytime i play with that guy in CSS he just flys through courses with his b-hops...

--- End quote ---

Smasters scripts.

Scripts are "anything that will give you an unfair advantage" and are not allowed.
Bhopping too fast is a sign of a script because you can't gain too much speed without sv_airaccelerate being higher than normal.

Shawn:

--- Quote from: Deacon on February 05, 2012, 09:08:43 PM ---Smasters scripts.

--- End quote ---

I KNEW IT!!! Must get script

Alkaline:
Sorry for the bump but this board isn't active and I thought I'd just continue where I left off.

Upon a recent discovery, I found out that bhopping doesn't have to involve scripts. By setting fps_max to a specific number that you can google, you can bind jump to your scroll wheel and basically jump every time you touch the ground. This combined with alternating "a" and "d" will let you gain an enormous amount of speed. As far as scripting goes, a lua script ( plus a bypass ) that checks if the player is touching the ground could be used OR a .cfg that spams jump on keypress. Sadly, there is no definitive way to know if a player is using a script as they could be using the scroll wheel approach.

If this is seen as an unfair advantage, how can this be prevented?

Change sv_airaccelerate.
Add a 1 second cooldown time for jumping.

This is only a problem on Zombie Survival and Fretta unlike TTT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version