Poll

Should I finish this map?

Definitely, For a first map, it is nice.
3 (37.5%)
Yes (no reason)
2 (25%)
No (no reason)
2 (25%)
Nah, You never should release your first map.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: TTT_Abandoned_Mine (!DISCONTINUED!)  (Read 313 times)

Offline ChaosEternal

• Lord of All Walls
  • Respect: +14
Re: TTT_Abandoned_Mine [Screenies Updated] [1-16-12] [10:22 AM]
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
I would add you but, I use a "Unlegit" Steam, sadly.. :abuse:

I wouldn't mind if you "Add me" though. As cracked steam won't let me add, but will let me accept friends :)
Kinda wondering, why would you need a cracked Steam since Steam is already free? Is it to play cracked steam game? >.>

Also, this maps is sounding pretty awesome. :D

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't."

Offline WarEclipseâ„¢

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
  • Respect: +4
Re: TTT_Abandoned_Mine [Updated] [1-23-12] [6:32 PM]
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
For cracked steam-users, you get over 100+ steam games on your games' list. However, they'll just be uninstalled unless you want to install them, ofcourse....but yeah, I don't know too much about it - just that you have alot of steam games on your list -- which you don't have to buy obviously.  :P

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
  • Respect: +16
    • Youtube
Re: TTT_Abandoned_Mine [Screenies Updated] [1-16-12] [10:22 AM]
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 02:17:54 PM »
For cracked steam-users, you get over 100+ steam games on your games' list. However, they'll just be uninstalled unless you want to install them, ofcourse....but yeah, I don't know too much about it - just that you have alot of steam games on your list -- which you don't have to buy obviously.  :P
Kinda wondering, why would you need a cracked Steam since Steam is already free? Is it to play cracked steam game? >.>

Also, this maps is sounding pretty awesome. :D

You both have it somewhat right, and a whole lot wrong  :D

Cracked Steam is very different from regular steam, as cracked steam has its own client (third-party), and yes, all the games on steam will show up, but you may not be able to download them, as to download a game on cracked steam, the cracked steam (client) you are using, must have a server/download link to that one file, which is downloaded through the client, from the server....Some of the main disadvantages of using cracked steam is, STEAM Validation Rejected, on most things. Another main, and very important one is, no ability to add friends at all (unless they add you, and you accept it).

Progress on the map

I'm sorry guys, I've not been updating, working on this map for somewhat..some time now, it's just that I have been very busy with school, and somewhat lazy  :(

But, don't worry, the map isn't going anywhere, its still here..I will finish it sooner or later  8)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:01:56 PM by MetaHaze »

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »
BTW, talking about illegal material is not allowed...
And off-topic...

Looks... - interesting for a first map. I'm still going to stick what I say, don't release first map you make.
It will usually have lots of bugs and glitches or just not fitting for the gamemode.
Unless you are 99% sure the map doesn't have huge balance issues, go ahead and release it to get more criticism. It will make it even better.

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »
BTW, talking about illegal material is not allowed...
And off-topic...

Looks... - interesting for a first map. I'm still going to stick what I say, don't release first map you make.
It will usually have lots of bugs and glitches or just not fitting for the gamemode.
Unless you are 99% sure the map doesn't have huge balance issues, go ahead and release it to get more criticism. It will make it even better.

I forgot all about that Mehis..Thanks for reminding me. :o

Anyways, Thanks for the criticism, as this was much needed  :)
I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do, as I have said many times, "I will release this map later", i'm still not exactly sure if I should..  :-X

By balance issues, you mean optimizations/leaks/brushing, and so on?

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
    • Youtube
Re: TTT_Abandoned_Mine [Please respond to Poll]
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 03:37:39 AM »
So I have been thinking, I'm going to leave it up with the community on whereas I complete this map, or start on a whole new map, as this is my first map..and people say to never release your first map.

Up to you guys, please vote on the poll  8)

Offline Tezuni

• Respect: +162
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »
I ditched my first 2-3 TTT maps I made for rNd until I made conspiracy, so it's really up to you.  Better maps get played more often.

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »
I ditched my first 2-3 TTT maps I made for rNd until I made conspiracy, so it's really up to you.  Better maps get played more often.

I thought about this, and I'm discontinuing this map..I've learned a lot from messing around on this map, and will create maps in the future for RND.  :)

Offline ChaosEternal

• Lord of All Walls
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 11:45:36 AM »
You made conspiracy? I love that map. :D

OT: Hope to see what your next map shall be. I know it shall be good if this was your first attempt. ;)

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't."