Author Topic: Silencer  (Read 508 times)

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
Re: Silencer
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 05:41:15 AM »
Just an idea but maybe we can i have some sort of motion detector for thr traitors. It would use the S.L.A.M model and be planted against a wall and alerts the traitor if someone has crossed it. Good for snipers or C4 planters just to alert you to bail out of your place or be ready to stab and kill the person.

The detectives could also have one as well. It would Go into the teleporter inventory slot.

Offline Bullet Freeman

• A.k.a. Xero
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
If you've zoomed around to other communities TTT servers, sometimes you'll find a lot more traitor and detective items, which make their server VERY appealing.

Seriously there are servers that eaven have an inno menu

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »
Seriously there are servers that eaven have an inno menu

Doesn't matter. TTT as we have it here is popular and almost always full. There is no reason to change it, if you like those other servers with those perks you can:

A) Provide with proof, reason, and logic why the/a _________ should be added. (Including gameplay balance.)
or
B) Go play on those servers.

Is the server with the extra weapon/gear empty or hardly has more than 14 players? Chances are that the extra stuff isn't very well liked.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
Other TTT servers have shitloads of items and they still have heaps of players. I usually have to wait a good 5 minutes when I want to join. Having a silencer will only give the Traitors more tactical options, not reduce the amount of playes. Anyways, it can be REMOVED any time.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 06:17:09 PM »
Other TTT servers have shitloads of items and they still have heaps of players. I usually have to wait a good 5 minutes when I want to join. Having a silencer will only give the Traitors more tactical options, not reduce the amount of playes. Anyways, it can be REMOVED any time.

OHMAHGAWSH! PM TEH IP PLOX?

Well it's still pretty annoying. What if I attached it to a Huge or a sniper or a Mac10? I'd be nearly unstoppable! How many times have you known someone died because you heard gunfire?

EDIT: Aw come on. I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked that and I don't see how it was so bad. Can't you take some humor?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:41:47 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »

Well it's still pretty annoying. What if I attached it to a Huge or a sniper or a Mac10? I'd be nearly unstoppable! How many times have you known someone died because you heard gunfire?

Sir, a silencer does not make you god.

Eve listened to the sound of the USP? It's not completely silent, and can easily be heard.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 08:13:41 PM »
+1
Yes. A silencer can be heard easily, but on different and random weapons it would cause confusion on what gun to look out for. It'll make players very cautious about their next moves. I say it would be a great addition to the server if creating it is possible.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »
Are you idiots or are you blind to how unbalanced this would be?

Let's say I put a silencer on my HUGE/Mac10/M16, I then shoot someone well away from the group. No one will even know there was a shot fired are therefore no possiblity of knowing wether or not someone even COULD died.

Let's also say I put a silencer on my Sniper rifle. If the map is large enough I can kill most of them before they figure out where the hell it's coming from. That right there is incredibly overpowered.

What also appears that you have failed to consider is that it's not just the SOUND from the gun that is important, it's HOW FAR THE SOUND TRAVELS.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:18:20 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »
Sir, a silencer does not make you god.

Eve listened to the sound of the USP? It's not completely silent, and can easily be heard.
Yes. A silencer can be heard easily, but on different and random weapons it would cause confusion on what gun to look out for. It'll make players very cautious about their next moves. I say it would be a great addition to the server if creating it is possible.

How much more cautious can players get? If one does not know what weapon someone is killed with then it's going to bring nothing more than paranoia. As you also have forgotten, the sound does not travel as far. If one does not know that a player has died or that shots were even fired then it stands to reason that they will have a false sense of security and will be less cautious.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:20:34 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
How much more cautious can players get? If one does not know what weapon someone is killed with then it's going to bring nothing more than paranoia. As you also have forgotten, the sound does not travel as far. If one does not know that a player has died or that shots were even fired then it stands to reason that they will have a false sense of security and will be less cautious.
Yes. That is true... If there was a way to make the sound travel somewhat further, it would be less overpowered. From afar you can't hear any weapon fire, even a 50.Cal hitting you across rooftops.

Offline Kahuna

• Are you watching closely?
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Sniper from a distance can't really be heard. And I think a silencer would be great, you still hear the damn thing so I don't think its overpowered.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »
i never kill because i hear a shot of a gun.. it is stupid to do that.

even when i see someone was killed by a weapon, still don't really pay attention to it, because someone can just pick up a new weapon.

also a shot of a gun =/= someone trying to kill another guy

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline [TTPN] ShadowMoon

• Gamer
  • Respect: +28
    • DeviantART
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 03:18:13 AM »

Ok. I forgot to note that only pistol like Deagle and some other guns can be attached with silencer.  :P

Offline Kahuna

• Are you watching closely?
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
Deagle silenced sounds op as hell......

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
Ok. I forgot to note that only pistol like Deagle and some other guns can be attached with silencer.  :P

Still is OP. Can you give me an example of what weapons can have it? What you are suggesting is... well it's stupid. It's like adding a rocket launcher because it seems cool. You are not considering balance in the least!

Now, for the Deagle: Easy headshots all around. I fire the gun and becasue they don't know what weapon I killed them with it's easy to headshot the next person with a deagle. Plus I can headshot them from a short distance once they try to ID the body.

i never kill because i hear a shot of a gun.. it is stupid to do that.

even when i see someone was killed by a weapon, still don't really pay attention to it, because someone can just pick up a new weapon.

also a shot of a gun =/= someone trying to kill another guy

When you hear a single weapon firing in the distance it could easily be some loon firing around. When you hear returning fire then it stands to reason that there is a fight going on. The silenced pistol will allow for gun fights to only give off the sound of the Innocent.

Now I never said anything about killing over the sound of a gun, but if you don't know shots have been fired then you can't know wether or not someone could have died or not.

Sniper from a distance can't really be heard. And I think a silencer would be great, you still hear the damn thing so I don't think its overpowered.

What? I've said this several times now, when you fire a silenced weapon the sound does not travel as far. What else is the silenced pistol good for? Why do you think it's in the game? The point of the weapon is to provide a silent way to kill players.

Let me give you an example: I decide to burn a body. I equip my falre gun and fire it once at the body. Did anyone hear that? It makes the same sound as the silenced pistol and travels just as far.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:25:34 PM by DoeniDon »