Author Topic: add deathmaps to normal map rotation  (Read 244 times)

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
Re: add deathmaps to normal map rotation
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
Most of the deathmaps need some balancing before they should be added back.  I still don't see why the maps arn't sorted in alphabetical order though, that would help with the map-spam problems.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
Most of the deathmaps need some balancing before they should be added back.  I still don't see why the maps arn't sorted in alphabetical order though, that would help with the map-spam problems.

We used to play them in alphabetical order, then the server started to crash every 4 - 7 rounds, idk what happened, but 1 or 2 months later you could vote.

I would like it to be like that, but i don't know what the community thinks.

Edit maps then. Make it more fair.

Some maps, humans die in wave 3, and on others, you stand watching someone for 7 rounds in a corner just being able to take damage from poison headcrabs.

But editing then would kind of kill them... maybe just fix the doors in deathgarae and that place were you can press a buton, get on top of some crates and only poison headcrabs can get you?

those are the only 2 fixes i think should be made... and maybe some ammo crates.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
IMO if we have maps that are still overly unbalanced in favor of humans, a few maps that result in rapid human deaths favoring zombies couldn't hurt. :P

Even still, it'd be cool to have these as regular rotation choices, and not just those rare chances, especially since the keep-playing-the-same-5-7-maps-over-and-over crowd can be bad enough where more and more we don't get to choose a deathmap in the once-in-a-while it comes up.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Cryptokid

• Windows UserLinux UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• So I heard you like userbars
  • Respect: +211
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
:thumbsup: this. The maps don't take that long to learn and even though they are unbalanced if you know how to organize a good rush as zombie its no problem. In addition with maps not being able to be voted for two games in a row, they shouldn't have a problem of being overplayed.