Author Topic: Removal -- Bullet Force [Zombie Survival]  (Read 255 times)

Offline Mayan5507

• Respect: 0
Removal -- Bullet Force [Zombie Survival]
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:04:49 AM »
I Hate it when i'm a zombie going for a barricade to break down and there are ...for instance 3 humans with SMGs. Cause of the fact i am being hit by a massive amount of bullets in a short time. it sends me flying back at a speed perhaps faster than i can even walk. In other words. it is like an invisible wall made out of bullets. making it impossible to break the barricade and/or damage the humans. I Simply think this.
In real life. MOST bullets go in and out.
There is a chance they knock you on your a$$. but that is because the bullet did not exit.
If not remove bullet force. Why not add a 5 or 15% chance that it would apply bullet force (to a zombie.)
[i MAY or MAY NOT reply to your replys to this post. I DO NOT USE THE FORUMS ALOT D:]

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
Re: Removal -- Bullet Force [Zombie Survival]
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »
I Hate it when i'm a zombie going for a barricade to break down and there are ...for instance 3 humans with SMGs. Cause of the fact i am being hit by a massive amount of bullets in a short time. it sends me flying back at a speed perhaps faster than i can even walk. In other words. it is like an invisible wall made out of bullets. making it impossible to break the barricade and/or damage the humans. I Simply think this.
In real life. MOST bullets go in and out.
There is a chance they knock you on your a$$. but that is because the bullet did not exit.
If not remove bullet force. Why not add a 5 or 15% chance that it would apply bullet force (to a zombie.)
[i MAY or MAY NOT reply to your replys to this post. I DO NOT USE THE FORUMS ALOT D:]

The percentage should be a bit higher like 30% chance of being knocked back and 70% of walking forward.
Either way I +1 because in some cases it doesnt make sence...

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Mayan5507

• Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:10:18 AM »

The percentage should be a bit higher like 30% chance of being knocked back and 70% of walking forward.
Either way I +1 because in some cases it doesnt make sence...
Thanks!

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:25:25 AM »
I actually like it that way, it's fair for when you're alone and a zombie is on your back

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:33:20 PM »
I actually like it that way, it's fair for when you're alone and a zombie is on your back

:thumbsdown:

The bullet force thing is annoying *as it is* - and contributes, IMO, to making spawncamping situations MORE irritating than they have to be, since instead of being able to have a chance, the bullet force from a dozen humans firing makes it impossible to move.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »

The bullet force thing is annoying *as it is* - and contributes, IMO, to making spawncamping situations MORE irritating than they have to be, since instead of being able to have a chance, the bullet force from a dozen humans firing makes it impossible to move.

delete maps where you can get spawncamped to a point to make you want to ragequit.

I just don't know why, but i like the gamemode like it is, everything added to it, like the goomba stomp or the things you get when you are last human... i just don't like it :/.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »

This is a terrible idea. The problem here is that while the humans are working together, that Zombies are not. I have managed to take out 4+ players in one of those "camping vents" with a well-timed zombie rush. That took me about two rounds though, due to the zombies going ahead of the hoard instead of waiting for enough zombies.

EDIT: As for spawncamping until the zombies ragequit, that is just poor map design.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:36:53 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »

This is a terrible idea. The problem here is that while the humans are working together, that Zombies are not. I have managed to take out 4+ players in one of those "camping vents" with a well-timed zombie rush. That took me about two rounds though, due to the zombies going ahead of the hoard instead of waiting for enough zombies.

IMO this **seems** to really have little to do with the issue at hand, but that is just my perception.

As for the spawncamping, let me try to rephrase my post a bit:

I agree with the focal point: that IRL bullet force is not like it is here, and add to it by saying that sometimes it can be crippling.  By fixing it up a bit, not only would it be more of a real challenge, but as a side effect, spawn camping won't be AS BIG an issue because people with magnums crowding around the spawnpoint, or SMGs god forbid, can't cause spawn-paralysis, that is, riddling the zombies with so many bullets that they CAN NOT MOVE AT ALL, and thus, the protection they are supposed to have can ACTUALLY BE UTILIZED.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 08:32:12 PM »
IMO this **seems** to really have little to do with the issue at hand, but that is just my perception.

As for the spawncamping, let me try to rephrase my post a bit:

I agree with the focal point: that IRL bullet force is not like it is here, and add to it by saying that sometimes it can be crippling.  By fixing it up a bit, not only would it be more of a real challenge, but as a side effect, spawn camping won't be AS BIG an issue because people with magnums crowding around the spawnpoint, or SMGs god forbid, can't cause spawn-paralysis, that is, riddling the zombies with so many bullets that they CAN NOT MOVE AT ALL, and thus, the protection they are supposed to have can ACTUALLY BE UTILIZED.

Well generaly what happens is that there are multiple people with SMGs shooting at the same zombie, causing the zombie to move backwards. I suppose a reduction by 5%-10% would be handy but I can always beat those people so I see no need to reduce it.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
It's possible to do percentage-system for the knockback, but it would take much time for something little. Knockback has been here for ages. People did and will complain about it, but that's what makes the gameplay fair. Humans usually have 25% or smaller chance to win a map in a full server, since everybody shoots at the chems, etc.
Turning this thread about spawncamping is pointless. Remove the spawncamping map, problem solved. It's the map's fault. I like the way the Zombie Survival is now. There isn't a way to make it more balanced when it's already perfect and fun, in my opinion. Don't chance any core elements dramatically, please. (like knockback)
Only weapons, which knockback I'd like to fix are the shotguns. Just by couple of numbers...

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 09:37:23 AM »
It's possible to do percentage-system for the knockback, but it would take much time for something little.

I'd hardly call it little, personally - and usually, good implementations aren't bandage fixes - they require time, and more than a fe lines of code.

Knockback has been here for ages. People did and will complain about it, but that's what makes the gameplay fair.

The problem is not its existence, but HOW it is implemented.

As it is currently set up, from what I've seen, it can help cause imbalance, or rather, contributes to it. 

Humans usually have 25% or smaller chance to win a map in a full server, since everybody shoots at the chems, etc.

So?

Turning this thread about spawncamping is pointless. Remove the spawncamping map, problem solved.

It is pointless why, because you say so?  ::)  It is perfectly relevant.  If bullet force was made more realistic, as I reiterate again, then people would be able to move more freely and not get stuck in place from the ungodly bullet force, and thus would have far more of a chance than they do now.  That also reduces the number of maps we'd need to outright nuke.

Offline Mehis

• lolbai
  • Respect: +88
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
+1
good implementations aren't bandage fixes - they require time, and more than a fe lines of code.

I agree.

So?

I was talking about how the knockback helps survivors. In the end the zombies will always win. Knockback is just another factor, which helps humans from wave to wave.

It is pointless why, because you say so?  ::)  It is perfectly relevant.  If bullet force was made more realistic, as I reiterate again, then people would be able to move more freely and not get stuck in place from the ungodly bullet force, and thus would have far more of a chance than they do now.  That also reduces the number of maps we'd need to outright nuke.

Ok, here I go... At the round start, survivors only gets pistols, which is pretty fair for both of the teams. Humans doesn't have ungodly knockback weapons. Now, when zombie classes unlock more and more, so does weapons. People start to barricade inside buildings. Lets imagine wave 8 with pistols only. It would be complete rape. When people have SMGs, it balances the gameplay. With the damage and knockback. When we go even further into the round, we find that there are more zombies than survivors. It makes the game more harder and harder for humans.
Like I said, knockback is just another factor, which helps humans to survive longer.
If there are only two zombies and couple humans have SMGs/stronger pistols in early waves, then it's map's fault. Spawncamping. It's not knockback's fault.

If you still find yourself trying to kill the last humans, but it doesn't work. It's because:

1. Entries and rooms. Room doesn't have enough entries, easily defendable entries, etc.
2. Lack of players. You cannot kill humans, if there aren't many zombies. Zombies need to repeatedly rush to take down the barricade. Step by step breaking the defence. If there are only couple zombies, then humans with SMGs can easily wipe you one by one.
3. Other map designing flaws. Ammo crates, too many props, glitches, etc.

It comes to, that knockback is bad and good. All the negative side happens to zombies, but zombies will almost always take out all humans, which balances it.
Would you like to win the round in early waves? I wouldn't. Think about changing map every 10 minute.

Offline timeboy98

• DONT BUG ME ABOUT MY AGE -_-
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »
 :link:i say its fair to get pushed back :D cuz the zombies would move to fast and they would keep breaking the barricade even if im a zombie i say its fair also it makes it more harder for the zombies and makes the game more fun 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:08:42 PM by timeboy98 »
:purplepacmanghost: :bluepacmanghost: :redpacmanghost: :peachpacmanghost: :pacman:

:pacman: :darkbluepacmanghost: :darkbluepacmanghost: :darkbluepacmanghost: :darkbluepacmanghost:

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :pacman: XD

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 01:43:50 PM »
I think that instead of pushing you back it should slow your speed down a certain number of %. Problem is that this would make it extremely hard for normal zombies to move while getting shot :/

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
  • Respect: +72
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »