.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Entertainment (Read Only) => Games => Post-Based Games/Threads => Topic started by: cogsandspigots on February 16, 2011, 11:57:18 AM

Title: Teh riddle game
Post by: cogsandspigots on February 16, 2011, 11:57:18 AM
Ok here are the rules:

1. A person on the thread makes a riddle and others try to solve it.

2. The person with correct answer gets to start the next riddle and so on.

3. There must be at least TWO answer guesses in between two of yours.

4. You can only edit to correct spelling or grammar.

5. Off topic stuff: Please keep in spoilers.

6. If you disobey the rules then you are banned from answering the current riddle.

PS. the riddle starter only needs to reply if they get it right not every time

Ok I'll start:

You are in a room with two people. One always lies and the other always tells the truth. You can't tell which is which by looking at them. There are also two doors in the room. One will kill you as soon as you open it a crack, the other leads to freedom. Both the people in the room know which is the right door. However, you can only ask one of them one question. What is the correct question?

Title: Re: Teh riddle game
Post by: Jman on February 16, 2011, 12:29:45 PM
You are in a room with two people. One always lies and the other always tells the truth. You can't tell which is which by looking at them. There are also two doors in the room. One will kill you as soon as you open it a crack, the other leads to freedom. Both the people in the room know which is the right door. However, you can only ask one of them one question. What is the correct question?

Ask one of the guards, "If I asked you if the door you're guarding leads to where I want to go, would you say Yes?" If he says Yes, then you go through his door, while you go through the other door if he says No. This is because his answer to this question doesn't depend on which guard he is. Say he says Yes to the question. If he's telling the truth, then he would say that the door leads to where you're going, and thus, the door will lead to where you're going. If he's lying, then he'll have to lie about whether he'd say Yes to the question (which, in this case, he would not say Yes if asked if the door led to where you're going, and would in fact say No) and, thus, is forced to give the correct answer to where the door goes. Of course, this requires that both guards know where you are going, and that neither of them considers "Your doom" a place.

Alright, assuming I was right, my turn. It's not great, but here goes:

A horse is attached to a fifteen foot rope, and there is a bale of hay twenty-five feet away; yet he can reach it. How?

Post by: Foofoojack on February 16, 2011, 12:38:17 PM

Alright, assuming I was right, my turn. It's not great, but here goes:

A horse is attached to a fifteen foot rope, and there is a bale of hay twenty-five feet away; yet he can reach it. How?

The rope isnt attached to anything?
Post by: Jman on February 16, 2011, 12:41:32 PM
Correct. FooFoo it's your turn.
Post by: Foofoojack on February 16, 2011, 01:11:26 PM
I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?
Post by: Shawn on February 16, 2011, 01:20:56 PM
I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?

The letter E?
Post by: Deathie on February 16, 2011, 02:25:28 PM

YOU ARE A THING.

I WIN
Post by: cogsandspigots on February 16, 2011, 02:40:58 PM

Nothing?
Post by: Shawn on February 16, 2011, 02:45:21 PM
YOU ARE A THING.

I WIN
Nothing?

Nope i already won Lol i know the riddle Lol just need Foo to say that so i can make my riddle Lol
Post by: Foofoojack on February 16, 2011, 02:46:11 PM
The letter E?
correctzors
Post by: Shawn on February 16, 2011, 02:51:11 PM
correctzors

What does man love more than life
Fear more than death or mortal strife
What the poor have, the rich require,
and what contented men desire,
What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves
And all men carry to their graves?

Post by: Bovicide on February 16, 2011, 02:54:17 PM

Nothing. Next riddle.

What do you call it when you thrust a hairy pole in and out of your mouth and then at the end, spit out a white liquid?
Post by: cogsandspigots on February 16, 2011, 02:55:09 PM
Humility?
Post by: Jman on February 16, 2011, 02:56:06 PM
Nothing. Next riddle.

What do you call it when you thrust a hairy pole in and out of your mouth and then at the end spit out a white liquid?

BJ's with sanders?
Post by: Bovicide on February 16, 2011, 02:56:29 PM
BJ's with sanders?

noep. keep trying... Its not bj.
Post by: cogsandspigots on February 16, 2011, 02:57:50 PM
Nothing. Next riddle.

What do you call it when you thrust a hairy pole in and out of your mouth and then at the end, spit out a white liquid?

A tooth brush?
Post by: Shawn on February 16, 2011, 03:13:39 PM
A tooth brush?

Kinda but the correct answer would be "Brushing your teeth"

Lol

Next

What force and strength cannot get through,
I with a gentle touch can do.
And many in the street would stand,
were I not a friend at hand.
Post by: Jman on February 16, 2011, 03:36:12 PM
A key.

Next,

A man walks into a bar and asks for a drink of water. The bartender pulls out a gun and points it at him. The man says, "Thank you," and walks out.
Post by: Shawn on February 16, 2011, 03:38:40 PM
A key.

Next,

A man walks into a bar and asks for a drink of water. The bartender pulls out a gun and points it at him. The man says, "Thank you," and walks out.

OMG i know this one from NCIS though it was said a bit differently Lol

The man had hiccups!

Next

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why? Study it, think about it, and you may find out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck - don't blow your cool!
Post by: cogsandspigots on February 16, 2011, 03:46:08 PM
OMG i know this one from NCIS though it was said a bit differently Lol

The man had hiccups!

Next

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why? Study it, think about it, and you may find out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck - don't blow your cool!

You all fail. I specifically said that the person who gets it right is the one to ask the riddle. Also, your paragraph is missing the indent.

My riddle:

What walks on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and 3 in the evening?
Post by: Shawn on February 16, 2011, 03:48:33 PM
You all fail. I specifically said that the person who gets it right is the one to ask the riddle. Also, your paragraph is missing the indent.

What you talking about? the only people telling riddles and the people who got the right answers...

Also thats not the right answer = fail, so mine still in play but thanks for the indent fail on my part Lol

EDIT: can't do real indent tab don't work Lul double fail!

Post by: Cake Faice on February 16, 2011, 05:57:49 PM
A black guy and a Mexican guy jumps off a building. Who dies first?  :trollface:

loloops, sorry Jman :3

huehuehue im not following the op's rules
Post by: Jman on February 16, 2011, 06:03:07 PM
A black guy and a Mexican guy jump's off a building. Who dies first?  :trollface:

Heil der Fuhrer de Grammar!
Post by: Don on February 17, 2011, 05:58:53 AM
A black guy and a Mexican guy jumps off a building. Who dies first?  :trollface:

I love how you still don't have it right even after "correcting" your mistake.
Post by: Frank on February 17, 2011, 07:43:28 AM
I love how you still don't have it right even after "correcting" your mistake.

The Mexican because the nigger stabb'd him.

lolracism
Post by: Shawn on February 18, 2011, 06:49:56 AM
i'm guessing no one knows the answer?

Post by: Deathie on February 18, 2011, 11:54:32 AM
This reminds me of a puzzle! Luke my boy, take note: a true gentleman never uses racism to answer a riddle!
Post by: Frank on February 18, 2011, 12:12:23 PM
i'm guessing no one knows the answer?

There's no e.
Post by: Shawn on February 18, 2011, 02:45:30 PM
There's no e.
Winnar!

Googled? or did you actually figure it out? Lmao
Post by: Frank on February 18, 2011, 03:53:13 PM
Winnar!

Googled? or did you actually figure it out? Lmao
Alzheimer Association's Big Book of Puzzles ftw.
Post by: memo3300 on February 19, 2011, 03:43:43 PM
What's brown and sticky?
Post by: Supertoaster on February 19, 2011, 04:05:33 PM
What's brown and sticky?
A Klu Klux Klan member?
Post by: Foofoojack on February 19, 2011, 04:06:26 PM
A Klu Klux Klan member?
Yer must be dumb
Post by: Frank on February 19, 2011, 04:16:31 PM
Yer must be dumb
PIECE OF SHIT
Post by: Foofoojack on February 19, 2011, 04:18:16 PM
PIECE OF SHIT
Sorry didn't mean to offend you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Post by: Frank on February 19, 2011, 04:25:40 PM
Sorry didn't mean to offend you.

I mean the riddle.
Post by: memo3300 on February 19, 2011, 04:28:16 PM
noep ._.
Post by: UberLord on February 19, 2011, 04:34:14 PM
What's brown and sticky?
Maple syrup :D
Post by: memo3300 on February 19, 2011, 04:37:59 PM
Maple syrup :D

:no:
Post by: Frank on February 19, 2011, 04:39:28 PM
:no:
Molten brown chocolate?
Post by: memo3300 on February 19, 2011, 04:40:23 PM
Molten brown chocolate?
lol no
Post by: ·UηİŦ·· on February 27, 2011, 09:37:58 PM
lol no

What about when you kill bugs and then what was once an elegant creature now exists as a brownish sticky mess of guts, flesh and fluids smeared all across the wall from sheer frustration and natural instinct?

Post by: memo3300 on February 28, 2011, 12:48:17 AM
What about when you kill bugs and then what was once an elegant creature now exists as a brownish sticky mess of guts, flesh and fluids smeared all across the wall from sheer frustration and natural instinct?

You know what... Fuck me, the answer is: a stick
Post by: Supertoaster on February 28, 2011, 01:38:00 AM
What stings and is a bright red?
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on February 28, 2011, 09:47:31 AM
What stings and is a bright red?

a va jee nae?
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on March 03, 2011, 10:24:40 AM
a va jee nae?

NECRO FUCKING BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Post by: Foofoojack on March 18, 2011, 05:13:56 PM
NECRO FUCKING BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

It's a forum game it doesn't need to be bumped.
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on March 19, 2011, 05:04:55 AM
what is brown

has two ears

small

and has a tail