.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) => Discussion => Topic started by: Deathie on September 06, 2015, 10:12:35 PM

Title: Snivys [slightly] modified TTT
Post by: Deathie on September 06, 2015, 10:12:35 PM
Server is now online, check here (https://forum.randomgs.com/index.php?topic=18151) for IP and other info.

Here's a brief list of features.

Life UI CC + Bloom
This is a small one. A while back, I implemented a now-defunct workshop addon that was originally used for sandbox into the gamemode. All the addon does is allow the user to mess with color correction and bloom presets with console vars, so I enabled it to help get rid of the washed out colors gmod usually has.

It's subtle, but noticeable (hopefully). You can tweak it, or disable it in the F1 help menu.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Practically every FA:S2 Weapon
Again, not a huge deal especially since there now exists a workshop addon you can use to load FA:S2 weapons into Gmod, this just predates it by a few months and has most of the bugs fixed.

22 weapons ready for use, and fully integrated with the rarity system (which I'll get to later.) Attachments are RNG based.

Crosshair Customization
I started working on the TTT server after I had been playing CSGO for a couple years. I was upset with the fact I couldn't have a pink crosshair that expanded to the borders of my screen, so I made a fully customizable crosshair system.

Most of the variables are identical to CSGO's, although I think there's a few misprints around. You should be able to get something that is either identical, or at least very similar to what you're using in CSGO.

Options, options, and more options
Most of these are just FA:S2 convars that are now accessible through the F1 menu, with a few being ones I added for the sake of convenience. You can do everything from adjusting your scope sensitivity to completely changing the hand models that FA:S2 uses.

Player Customization
If you asked me a couple years ago, I'd have said that it was against the spirit of TTT to let players use different player models. When put into practice, though, it actually adds an interesting layer of depth to it and helps bring it closer to the "Clue" vibe the game mode just emanates.

In the F1 menu, you can fully customize your character with the full range of CSS and HL2 models that come packaged with Gmod, along with a color if that specific body type supports it.

Weighted RNG Weapons
This is the big one.

Weapons are randomized, and have stats that are generated based on a weighted RNG system. I might get into more specifics if people ask, but if you've played Borderlands or Dead Island, you'll know how it works.

White > Green > Blue > Purple > Orange > Red

Weapons have a glow to show off their stats at a glance.

When you equip them, you can see their individual stats and attributes.

You can also press your gm_showspare2 bind (F4 by default) to also see a comprehensive stat list.

Simple Loadout System
Some people were asking for the ability to choose their spawn weapons instead of needing to fish around the map for them, so I added a loadout system that rewards players for playing well.

Your starting weapons will be "tier 1" weapons, like a pump shotgun for instance.

After you get a score of 15, you'll start spawning with the second tier of weapons, like an auto shotgun.

You can also choose a stat affinity so the RNG weighs that specific attribute less heavily, giving you a better chance of having that particular stat being higher.

I didn't mention this before, but the weighting for your loadout weapons directly correlates to your game score. It gets less strict the more points you have, meaning you'll spawn with more powerful weapons if you're playing well.

All of this is customizable from the F1 menu.
Dynamic Weapon Spawning
I also forgot to include this one when I first made the post. Since I had added several new weapons, the default spawning system wasn't going to cut it. I didn't want to have to make a rearm script for every map, so I added a second pass to the weapon spawning so that it overrides default weapons to spawn from a table of the new weapons.

What this basically means is that the gamemode also supports ANY map, even ones not built for TTT without the need to making a rearm script, and can also support the addition of new weapons by simply adding a line to the weapon script telling it which type of weapon spawn point to use.
Title: Re: Snivys [slightly] modified TTT
Post by: blαh2355 on September 06, 2015, 10:28:33 PM
I don't know what else to say but thank you.

You didn't have to give us all this.

You didn't have to care about the community that you had left behind.

But you did.

Thank you.
Post by: Deathie on September 06, 2015, 11:18:38 PM
It's not like I left because I had some sort of bad blood or anything.

I just wasn't very good at communicating my concerns with Coolz and I wound up trying to butt heads with him in the worst way possible.

I still feel I was in the right, I just think the way I went about it was wrong.

This is both an apology, and a selfish way of rectifying the problem I noticed two years ago. Whether or not it's utilized doesn't matter to me, I already accomplished what I set out to do.

Like I said in the other thread, I also intended to share the gamemode I'm currently working on, but I have no clue when it's going to be finished. It's just my own take on the Gmod DayZ gamemode, but with a lot more features and was written entirely from scratch working off of base.
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 07, 2015, 02:54:12 AM
Where were you when Snivy revived rNd TTT?

Snivy, I really, really appreciate this; I think we all do.

Thank you <3

#crazycubesmatter
Post by: TehHank on September 07, 2015, 05:48:39 AM
Awww yeahh  :ainsley:

Thanks a lot Snivy!
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on September 07, 2015, 07:03:03 AM
gg
Post by: Loke on September 07, 2015, 09:19:42 AM
Well, time to switch from zs to ttt.
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 07, 2015, 11:22:35 PM
I have no clue what to say, except for that you are a freakin awesome person.  Thank you so much, and I, too, hope we will benefit from this.
Post by: Ἆxule on September 10, 2015, 05:43:05 PM
ども ありがとう
Post by: yoshi on September 12, 2015, 08:27:52 AM
I'm so glad you replaced garry's CSS weapons with FA:S2, since it is very terrible.
The loadout system (with the addition of the tier stuff) is something I always wanted, as it rewards you for playing well.
I haven't played gmod multiplayer in a year so I hope to play again when the TTT server is up.
Post by: Deathie on September 12, 2015, 10:17:40 AM
I'm so glad you replaced garry's CSS weapons with FA:S2, since it is very terrible.
The loadout system (with the addition of the tier stuff) is something I always wanted, as it rewards you for playing well.
I haven't played gmod multiplayer in a year so I hope to play again when the TTT server is up.

FA:S2 is starting to be phased out. Spy isn't supporting it anymore, and I had to go through and fix a lot of bugs that started popping up because of code deprecation.

At some point I might switch over to CW 2.0, since that's the new popular base. It's just going to be a pain re-doing the entire system for it since CW is written differently and a lot of the changes with the rarity system are hard-coded into a lot of the weapons base functions instead of something more reasonable, like an external function the other ones hook into.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 12, 2015, 05:33:02 PM
I'm ready.
Post by: Loke on September 12, 2015, 09:52:41 PM
FA:S2 is starting to be phased out. Spy isn't supporting it anymore, and I had to go through and fix a lot of bugs that started popping up because of code deprecation.

At some point I might switch over to CW 2.0, since that's the new popular base. It's just going to be a pain re-doing the entire system for it since CW is written differently and a lot of the changes with the rarity system are hard-coded into a lot of the weapons base functions instead of something more reasonable, like an external function the other ones hook into.

If you switch to cw2 I see dildo suppressors in the future.
Post by: coolzeldad on September 13, 2015, 12:00:01 AM
have a test server up now, pass is rNd

ip: random.teh-server.com

can vote to move to 24/7 box once everything seems okay on my platform
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 13, 2015, 12:23:11 AM
have a test server up now, pass is rNd

ip: random.teh-server.com

can vote to move to 24/7 box once everything seems okay on my platform

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENINGGGG
Post by: blαh2355 on September 13, 2015, 12:54:04 AM
EVERYONE. You have to download the weapon mod cuz the server download thing isn't up so here's what you have to download.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180507408 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180507408)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181283903 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181283903)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181656972 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181656972)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183139624 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183139624)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183140076 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183140076)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201027186 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201027186)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201027715 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201027715)

Bugs so far:
Gun firerate
Weapon switching (have to double select the weapon to change sometimes)
F1 menu broken, difficult to exit
Traitor weapon menu broken (empty)
Weapon view models dissapearing
No ragdolls
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 13, 2015, 01:16:10 AM
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENINGGGG

Here are some issues and feedback on the server, I'm aware this is a test server and I'm aware this will have issues. Not sure if you know any of these.

- Selecting weapons take 2 tries sometimes

- F1 menu completely broken

- Unable to use T menu

- Viewmodels sometimes break

- Can't one shot headshot :(

- Killing after round isn't a thing :(

- Game thinks that some weapons are pistols and as result guns fire every 2 seconds (i.e M4A1)

- Players disappear after killed

- Harsh Karma systems needs to come back

- Don't know if you plan on adding attachments as drops or you spawn with them.

Thats it.
Post by: TehHank on September 13, 2015, 06:27:24 AM
Looks like we have to Iron some bugs out boissss.

(http://i.imgur.com/5qCwHpV.png)
Post by: Deathie on September 13, 2015, 09:42:32 AM
Tested some stuff out with Hank, Fuzion and a couple others on my own server.

Aside from an F1 bug that showed up, everything works like it should.

I'd have to see what errors are showing up server-side on coolz's server before being able to figure out what's causing them on his environment specifically.

Post by: coolzeldad on September 13, 2015, 12:19:33 PM
updated, won't be on for a few hours, try that out, will be on later to bugfix, logs, etc.
Post by: coolzeldad on September 13, 2015, 04:33:16 PM
For everyone watching this thread, I added a poll, please check it out, thanks!

In the mean time, the TTT test server reportedly seems to be operating normally now.
Post by: Deathie on September 13, 2015, 04:44:03 PM
Just as an added input, the main drawback to running both servers together is that TTT can cause really huge spikes in CPU consumption during round loads when it's trying to spawn all the world entities. This punt is also moderately stronger than standard TTT due to the RNG generation for weapons calculating on the same frame they spawn and having those values assigned to each weapon.

Giving the TTT server exclusivity would be optimal, but running both will probably only be an issue if both Fretta and TTT are populated at the same time.
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 13, 2015, 06:25:16 PM
I think it would not be good to remove Fretta.  It's been relatively busy, and it's definitely a fun server.  I would hate to see it go after we've put the effort into the deathrun, sniper wars, gamemaster, dodgeball, and stalker maps.
Post by: Loke on September 13, 2015, 09:21:03 PM
I think it would not be good to remove Fretta.  It's been relatively busy, and it's definitely a fun server.  I would hate to see it go after we've put the effort into the deathrun, sniper wars, gamemaster, dodgeball, and stalker maps.

If we were to replace fretta, it would probably be only down for a few months, and ttt with these additions would benefit rnds player base no doubt.

Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 13, 2015, 10:22:02 PM
I am highly against removing fretta, more servers means more players, more players mean more activity.

Edit: I am highly against keeping the fretta server, sure more servers means more players, but no one wants to play on a server that crashes every day.
Post by: Deathie on September 13, 2015, 10:24:10 PM
I am highly against removing fretta, more servers means more players, more players mean more activity.

If Coolz is willing to run both of them together, I'd say go for that.

If stability issues arise, THEN maybe it'd be worth revisiting whether or not it's a good idea to run both.

You won't know until you try, you know?
Post by: Tezuni on September 13, 2015, 11:03:54 PM
I'm back guys.  Tested the new TTT a bit with Hank and company, very nostalgic lol.
Post by: Cable on September 14, 2015, 12:42:42 AM
I'm against removing fretta only because of the maps I made for the various fretta gamemodes. It'd be a shame for them not to get played.
Adding the gamemode to the fretta vote list would be good, possibly allowing players to vote for the same mode twice in a row so people who only want to play ttt for example can have a longer play time before being forced to play a different mode.

also i'd like to say that the custom weapons are very nice.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 14, 2015, 01:52:28 AM
We had 9 people at one point. Was pretty great. It was at midnight too.

It's good to be back. Hope it gets bigger! :D
Post by: TehHank on September 14, 2015, 03:38:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Coolz said he only had enough Resources to run 1 server at the current moment.

Edit:
Just as an added input, the main drawback to running both servers together is that TTT can cause really huge spikes in CPU consumption during round loads when it's trying to spawn all the world entities. This punt is also moderately stronger than standard TTT due to the RNG generation for weapons calculating on the same frame they spawn and having those values assigned to each weapon.

Giving the TTT server exclusivity would be optimal, but running both will probably only be an issue if both Fretta and TTT are populated at the same time.
Post by: ٶȻhriʂ on September 14, 2015, 05:18:12 AM
Why remove fretta? lol there's players there pretty much everyday even if we don't play it as much anymore.
Post by: Prox on September 14, 2015, 07:25:37 AM
I think it would be better to focus all efforts on optimizing and fixing TTT game mode therefor I think it should replace fretta, at least for now. To be fair most of the time when I've checked the game tracker fretta was empty and there's certainly aren't any new members joining our forums.
Post by: Deathie on September 14, 2015, 08:21:54 AM
I think it would be better to focus all efforts on optimizing and fixing TTT game mode

Is there anyone here who still codes for Gmod? AFAIK, all of them either left or are in hibernation.
Post by: coolzeldad on September 14, 2015, 09:49:12 AM
Test server off for now.

At the end of the week or so, I'll decide partially based on the poll.

I want to keep fretta of course, but the cpu usage is an issue and server lag is never fun for players, especially new ones.

But, I think I can tweak it to work for these two, so I'm probably going to try to do that, unless the poll unanimously changes to replace fretta or something similar, and at that point I'll consider something different.
Post by: Tiger Guy on September 16, 2015, 06:12:36 AM
This sounds really cool man. I've played TTT on and off for the last year or two ever since the original TTT server was shut down, but no server was anywhere as fun as the RND server. I look forward to playing it when I get the chance to.
Post by: Cheesy Sandwich on September 16, 2015, 10:38:33 PM
This sounds really cool man. I've played TTT on and off for the last year or two ever since the original TTT server was shut down,but no server was anywhere as fun as the RND server. I look forward to playing it when I get the chance to.
Post by: ursus on September 17, 2015, 01:12:35 PM
can confirm that this gamemode is good and ttt in general is somehow not finally dead yet
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 23, 2015, 07:45:17 PM
Well, I edited my post.

Edit: I am highly against keeping the fretta server, sure more servers means more players, but no one wants to play on a server that crashes every day.

Post by: Deathie on September 23, 2015, 07:52:38 PM
Well, I edited my post.

TTT is notorious for causing crashes from ragdolls glitching out.

Gmod has NEVER been good with handling ragdoll collision, and in almost every other gamemode that isn't sandbox server-sided ragdolls are disabled.

TTT crashes almost as often as sandbox does because of that reason. There's some scripts out there that "fix" the collision handling, but I've never really tried any out myself.

The crashing isn't really the issue, though. It's normal for TTT actually (even though it shouldn't be). The real issue is that the server doesn't auto-restart itself and gets halted for some reason.

It wouldn't be so bad if the server wouldn't stay offline once it crashes.
Post by: HideoKojima on September 27, 2015, 02:09:23 AM
19 people on at like 1am pst. That was pretty awesome.

Still had quite bit of people but server crashed. A sign to go to bed I guess.
Post by: Deathie on September 27, 2015, 02:23:28 AM
19 people on at like 1am pst. That was pretty awesome.

Still had quite bit of people but server crashed. A sign to go to bed I guess.

We were also the 4'th most populated TTT server in the browser.

(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/431574499140200278/CA3866E2E85A691DA4BB30EF6DA5C1D6CE9ECECC/)
Post by: Loke on September 27, 2015, 10:00:02 AM

(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/431574499140200278/CA3866E2E85A691DA4BB30EF6DA5C1D6CE9ECECC/)

(http://puu.sh/keOFv/82e1ea1d5d.gif)
Post by: Seb on September 28, 2015, 08:10:46 PM

excitement.jpg
Post by: McDreary The Hapless Hamster on September 28, 2015, 08:20:07 PM
This is all I ever wanted and more. Besides the server crashes the only issue I've noticed is that there is hardly ever any ammo but I dunno if that can be helped. Thank you for ttt though :3
Post by: Cable on September 28, 2015, 10:26:39 PM
This is all I ever wanted and more. Besides the server crashes the only issue I've noticed is that there is hardly ever any ammo but I dunno if that can be helped. Thank you for ttt though :3
25 yomocoins for full ammo would be awesome coolz
Post by: Seb on September 29, 2015, 08:59:08 PM
what happened to the cs:go music kits
Post by: Deathie on September 29, 2015, 09:05:48 PM

Most people on my server had them disabled. I figured it wasn't worth the effort to have people download the files on RND's version.
Post by: ursus on September 29, 2015, 09:07:43 PM

DUDUDUDUDU DUDUDUDUDUDUDU DUDUDUDUDUDUDU DUDUDUDUDUDUDU DU DUDUDUDUDU
Post by: Seb on September 29, 2015, 09:09:43 PM
Most people on my server had them disabled. I figured it wasn't worth the effort to have people download the files on RND's version.

aw I liked them
Post by: Goat on September 29, 2015, 11:35:09 PM
missed your guys' TTT server, glad it's back :)
Post by: Tezuni on September 30, 2015, 01:39:30 PM
Cable's body fell into an elegant pose.

(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/393294536346275918/DDEB4A94DA90EDC66876072FE583A502D2F4EA21/)
Post by: Cable on September 30, 2015, 02:42:25 PM
Cable's body fell into an elegant pose.

(http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/393294536346275918/DDEB4A94DA90EDC66876072FE583A502D2F4EA21/)
hahahaha im beautiful
Post by: cogsandspigots on September 30, 2015, 07:40:21 PM
Cable and ursus are OP, they need nerf.
Post by: ursus on September 30, 2015, 07:42:52 PM
Cable and ursus are OP, they need nerf.

(http://puu.sh/kuh38/d56f982f66.png)

maybe you just need to git gud
Post by: McDreary The Hapless Hamster on October 04, 2015, 07:02:59 PM
I was on the other day in the minecraft map with 2 other people, when we went in the nether we could see our guns but outside of it they would vanish. Dunno if it's map related or not but figured I'd say something.  :bombosmedallion:
Post by: blαh2355 on October 04, 2015, 07:47:01 PM
I was on the other day in the minecraft map with 2 other people, when we went in the nether we could see our guns but outside of it they would vanish. Dunno if it's map related or not but figured I'd say something.  :bombosmedallion:
Yeah the minecraft map is bugged for some reason. You can only see your guns underwater (can't shoot under though), climbing ladders, or in the nether. Some kind of map bug, doesn't like the guns.
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 04, 2015, 07:53:26 PM
You can only see your guns underwater (can't shoot under though), climbing ladders, or in the nether.

Also if you look up
Post by: Deathie on October 04, 2015, 08:20:51 PM
Yeah, we had that problem on our server too.

It only happens if you aren't manually subscribed to the workshop addon.

No clue what causes it. Seems to only happen on that version of ttt_minecraft though.
Post by: Goat on October 11, 2015, 12:06:33 PM
Where is this server hosted? My ping seems a little abnormal considering I'm in the dead center of the U.S. I get 70 ping to servers on the East and West Coast, yet I get 113 on the TTT server. Is it hosted in the EU or is my ISP being bad at routing the traffic?

EDIT: Okay so the scoreboard says 70, my net_graph 1 says 90, and status in console says 130. This is funky. I'm gonna cry it says 145 now :(
Post by: Cable on October 11, 2015, 02:10:28 PM
I think the 2 and 3-shot upgrades should be limited only to smg weapons.
Like, you wouldn't want 2 shot on an m21.
Post by: Deathie on October 11, 2015, 02:30:09 PM
I think the 2 and 3-shot upgrades should be limited only to smg weapons.
Like, you wouldn't want 2 shot on an m21.

I've been meaning to redo the weapon powerups in general.

That was one of the changes I was going to make.
Post by: Deathie on October 11, 2015, 06:22:39 PM
Double posting for the bump. I'll be giving the weapons a decent update in a couple days.

I want to reformat the screen when you look at the weapon to look like the borderlands screen.

Anyone here up to the challenge of doing some graphic design work, and making something for me?

(http://puu.sh/kH28q/fd7ce9050c.png)

I need something similar to the background of this. I have fonts, icons, etc. I just need a good backdrop to display the stats instead of the default gmod rounded border we're currently using.

I want it divided into three sections, like the above. Something for the name of the gun, stats of the weapon, and some extra flavor text on the chance the weapon has some sort of powerup.

You can also take your own approach to it. You don't have to make it identical to the borderlands one, just as long as I can display all the info. It should keep the dark color scheme though, since it'll make icon/font visibility easier.
Post by: blαh2355 on October 11, 2015, 06:35:57 PM
Double posting for the bump. I'll be giving the weapons a decent update in a couple days.

I want to reformat the screen when you look at the weapon to look like the borderlands screen.

Anyone here up to the challenge of doing some graphic design work, and making something for me?

I need something similar to the background of this. I have fonts, icons, etc. I just need a good backdrop to display the stats instead of the default gmod rounded border we're currently using.

I want it divided into three sections, like the above. Something for the name of the gun, stats of the weapon, and some extra flavor text on the chance the weapon has some sort of powerup.

You can also take your own approach to it. You don't have to make it identical to the borderlands one, just as long as I can display all the info. It should keep the dark color scheme though, since it'll make icon/font visibility easier.
I could try. What export format does it have to be in?
Post by: Deathie on October 11, 2015, 06:49:49 PM
I could try. What export format does it have to be in?

Transparent PNG preferred.

By transparent, I just mean if you're using a rounded border or a glow effect like the borderlands one uses.