.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) => Discussion => Topic started by: Lavenchie on May 21, 2012, 01:24:26 PM

Title: Homosexual Marriage
Post by: Lavenchie on May 21, 2012, 01:24:26 PM
There's all this shit going around and i'm not sure if it's still the top of the news or not, so I was wondering what's your guy's opinion gay marriage.

For or against?
Title: Re: Homosexual Marriage
Post by: Devie on May 21, 2012, 01:33:48 PM
Don't really give a fuck. If they're happy together - if they fucking love eachother - and they want to marry eachother -- let them do it.
Post by: Astropilot on May 21, 2012, 01:45:55 PM
Like Devie said. I don't mind. Sure go ahead.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 21, 2012, 01:56:40 PM
I believe that the government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage. Especially if they're going to justify their reasons from the bible.
Post by: Shockah on May 21, 2012, 02:10:24 PM
I believe that the government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage. Especially if they're going to justify their reasons from the bible.
Post by: Sabb on May 21, 2012, 02:15:19 PM
Post by: Cake Faice on May 21, 2012, 02:15:45 PM
Seriously, who the beloved fuck cares if two of the same genders want to marry each-other? It's not going to wipe out the whole human population or anything. Seriously, this country is filled with a bunch of biblefuckers who will oppose anything that is not of relevance.
Post by: blαh2355 on May 21, 2012, 02:20:05 PM
For, screw the bible. What happened to separation of Church and State?
Post by: Tezuni on May 21, 2012, 02:37:08 PM
Why do people care so much about gays?  This goes both ways, from gay pride to gay hate.  It's like, fuck.  Yep that describes it.
Post by: Supertoaster on May 21, 2012, 03:02:25 PM
There is no reason gays shouldn't marry.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on May 21, 2012, 03:10:32 PM

Pretty much.
Post by: Devie on May 21, 2012, 03:14:05 PM
sigh you guys will never guess how much retards there are on facebook about this thing. Especially if you have friends that are super uptight christians living the south (who also frowns upon interracial marriage.

Post by: Devie on May 21, 2012, 03:20:51 PM
I apologize for the bump but it shouldnt matter right????

Anyways, here is a little something on facebook that I found not too long ago. Read and opinions would be appreciated.

(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/1.JPG)
(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/2.JPG)
(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/3.JPG)
(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/4.JPG)
(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/5.JPG)
Post by: Sabb on May 21, 2012, 03:22:19 PM
my opinion is that you need to make your images larger
Post by: Devie on May 21, 2012, 03:25:16 PM
my opinion is that you need to make your images larger

you're just getting old cuz I can read it just fine LOL.
But the last tl;dr post that dude gave really set me off.
"HAHA DIS MURIKA CHRISTIAN NATIONZ NO OTHER RELIGION!"

fuck bro?
Post by: Sabb on May 21, 2012, 03:27:18 PM
you're just getting old cuz I can read it just fine LOL.

fuck bro?
Not really I just didn't want to put my face to the screen to read it.
Post by: Pilgrim on May 21, 2012, 03:32:40 PM
Depends on how you define Marriage. If you mean in the religious sort shown by the people in Devies post, then i am against it. Marriage was meant to be the holy matrimony between two people (man and woman) gay marriage would contradict this.
Now don't get me wrong, if you mean marriage as in the binding of two people until death or however (as in non-religious) then I would support them 100%. I just personally don't see the point in changing the term 'Civil Partnership' Just to 'Marriage' Just for the sake of it, when really its just a word, the commitments are exactly the same.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 21, 2012, 03:34:26 PM

fuck bro?
Haha, he believes that America is a christian nation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Depends on how you define Marriage. If you mean in the religious sort shown by the people in Devies post, then i am against it. Marriage was meant to be the holy matrimony between two people (man and woman) gay marriage would contradict this.
Now don't get me wrong, if you mean marriage as in the binding of two people until death or however (as in non-religious) then I would support them 100%. I just personally don't see the point in changing the term 'Civil Partnership' Just to 'Marriage' Just for the sake of it, when really its just a word, the commitments are exactly the same.
But marriage technically has nothing to do with religion. Marriage is a social union or legal contract between people that creates kinship.
Post by: Lavenchie on May 21, 2012, 03:35:58 PM
But marriage technically has nothing to do with religion. Marriage is a social union or legal contract between people that creates kinship.
Good luck trying to convince lawmakers that.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 21, 2012, 03:40:07 PM
Good luck trying to convince lawmakers that.
They shouldn't be in politics in the first place if they seriously put their religion before their state.
Post by: Seb on May 21, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
Haha, he believes that America is a christian nation.

Try to run for any major position as anything but a Christian.

I'll wait.
Post by: Supertoaster on May 21, 2012, 03:58:17 PM
America = Clusterfuck of everything nation

Come on its the 21'st century.
Post by: Seb on May 21, 2012, 04:01:16 PM
America = Clusterfuck of everything nation

Come on its the 21'st century.

Imagine if a Muslim or Atheist tried to run for president.
Post by: Lavenchie on May 21, 2012, 04:04:08 PM
People will freak out saying "A terrorist is running our country!"
Doubt that's ganna happen
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 21, 2012, 04:17:05 PM
b-b-b-b-but OBAMA IZ A MUSLIM!!!1!!1!1
Post by: Seb on May 21, 2012, 04:17:44 PM
People will freak out saying "A terrorist is running our country!"
Doubt that's ganna happen

Exactly.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 21, 2012, 04:52:52 PM
I may not necessarily believe it is the right thing, but I respect the person for their choice and wish them the best no matter what. They have every right to get married and be happy and they shouldn't have anyone tell them otherwise. There are some gay people out there that have better relationships then a lot of straight people.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 21, 2012, 04:54:33 PM
I may not necessarily believe it is the right thing, but I respect the person for their choice and wish them the best no matter what. They have every right to get married and be happy and they shouldn't have anyone tell them otherwise. There are some gay people out there that have better relationships then a lot of straight people.
But people don't choose to be gay. Or my reading comprehension has gone wack.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 21, 2012, 04:57:49 PM
But people don't choose to be gay. Or my reading comprehension has gone wack.
Well, they could be naturally gay, but choose to just be a straight person, I've seen people do this. So choosing to be openly homosexual, is their choice. But as I've said before, I respect them none the less. We are are in no room to judge.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 21, 2012, 05:03:27 PM
Well, they could be naturally gay, but choose to just be a straight person, I've seen people do this. So choosing to be openly homosexual, is their choice. But as I've said before, I respect them none the less. We are are in no room to judge.
They act like they're straight because they don't want the ridicule that comes with being gay. Those that are openly gay just don't give a fuck or have never been bullied about it before.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 21, 2012, 05:04:49 PM
They act like they're straight because they don't want the ridicule that comes with being gay. Those that are openly gay just don't give a fuck or have never been bullied about it before.
I never said that wasn't the case, that probably is the reason if anything. Very unfortunate.
Post by: toehawk on May 21, 2012, 06:25:21 PM
personally i just think its disgusting and freakish. thats all
Post by: Sabb on May 21, 2012, 06:28:51 PM
We're not asking you to make love to a man. Just think from their view for a second.
And I'm not talking about sex damnit.
Post by: Foofoojack on May 21, 2012, 06:42:03 PM

I could say something very offensive right now
Post by: Captain Communism on May 21, 2012, 06:43:08 PM
Whilst I respect your right to your own opinion, I respect my right to say your opinion sucks.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 21, 2012, 06:48:34 PM
Whilst I respect your right to your own opinion, I respect my right to say your opinion sucks.
My thoughts exactly.
Post by: Supertoaster on May 21, 2012, 06:53:44 PM
what did gay people ever do?

murder someone? straight people have never killed eachother
rape someone? straight people haven't done this either

Post by: coolzeldad on May 21, 2012, 06:56:33 PM
Anyways, here is a little something on facebook that I found not too long ago. Read and opinions would be appreciated.

Shit thrown out there about the bible this or bible that.. especially on a social media platform like facebook usually has no basis.

People hear that shit is in bible.. don't read and understand the pages of context before and start to reinvent what the bible is actually saying.

Then they throw verse numbers at you like its magically going to make a good argument for them.

Every single one of those comments using the bible as a reference are barely scratching a partial connection to one of the many interpretations of the bible.

That is purely people finding something to fight over like they yearn to throw pig shit back and forth at each other like it accomplishes a meaningful understanding of the topic.

Anyway, my personal views excluded I think that legally marriage in the united states is a contract that grants status, which can have work, financial, and educational benefits.

So.. not sure how they should regulate this.. maybe rework the system they have in place.
Post by: ursus on May 21, 2012, 07:42:44 PM
Although biblically, gay sex and sex outside of straight marriage in general are wrong, it's nobody's right to infringe on what other people can do with themselves. I'm not going to either actively support or oppose it.
Post by: Cake Faice on May 21, 2012, 07:55:27 PM
America really needs to pull their heads out of their asses and let people make their own choices, regardless of what the magical fairy tale book tells them.
Post by: Foofoojack on May 21, 2012, 08:31:40 PM
America really needs to pull their heads out of their asses and let people make their own choices, regardless of what the magical fairy tale book tells them.
Post by: [TTPN] ShadowMoon on May 21, 2012, 10:56:23 PM
Don't really give a fuck. If they're happy together - if they fucking love eachother - and they want to marry eachother -- let them do it.

Yup. As I said, our opinion may differ. :D
Post by: Samo on May 21, 2012, 11:20:21 PM
As long as I don't have to hear about it all the time on the news and all, or having it a common scenario in the TV shows I watch from time to time, I don't give.
Post by: toehawk on May 21, 2012, 11:45:30 PM
perhaps i was misunderstood, i am not against homosexual marriage, i just personally think it is rather disgusting, and wrong (i am religious, insert hate here _________________________________,) i dont care how other people live their lives, i would not go to an anti gay protest, if a freind of mine came out of the closet i would support and encourage him. -I do not hate gays because i am christian- i do not dislike gays for who they are, just what they do, i dont care that they do it, i just dislike it, i simply dont care what they do. or what laws about it exist
Post by: Apie2 on May 21, 2012, 11:49:55 PM
Tbh, the gay parade is a bit dumb. We aren't going to have a shemale parade or straight parade... Its a bit useless out my view.
But I say yes for homsexual marriages, everybody is human and you should threat everybody the same.
Post by: Supertoaster on May 21, 2012, 11:59:50 PM
Gay Pride parades are stupid. Who cares if your'e gay. You aren't special in any way. You are just as good as any straight person  :hellokitty: You don't see straight pride parades
Post by: Tezuni on May 22, 2012, 03:15:53 AM
Gay Pride parades are stupid. Who cares if your'e gay. You aren't special in any way. You are just as good as any straight person  :hellokitty: You don't see straight pride parades
Yeah when gays are fully accepted in society.  For now, I think they feel bullied by society and some probably need those parades for self esteem.
Post by: Dale Feles on May 22, 2012, 03:59:14 AM
Honestly, IDGAF about gays. What's the big problem with them getting married? Nothing will change. However, I do agree with Supertoaster, why do these guys need parades?
Post by: Cable on May 22, 2012, 04:03:09 AM
perhaps i was misunderstood, i am not against homosexual marriage, i just personally think it is rather disgusting, and wrong (i am religious, insert hate here _________________________________,) i dont care how other people live their lives, i would not go to an anti gay protest, if a freind of mine came out of the closet i would support and encourage him. -I do not hate gays because i am christian- i do not dislike gays for who they are, just what they do, i dont care that they do it, i just dislike it, i simply dont care what they do. or what laws about it exist
So you're saying
"I don't really care, but I care"
Post by: Prox on May 22, 2012, 04:24:15 AM
I disagree with it. Not because of what religions say but it just shouldn't be that way. Having too many freedoms won't bring us to a golden age.
Post by: Mehis on May 22, 2012, 06:27:59 AM
While I do understand that gayness in religion is wrong, I do not understand why does gay people want to get married in church. I'm not really that old to know (or that willing to google it...) but you don't need to have wedding in church, you can just register you and your partner as married.
I know that gay people can be religious or not, but you don't need to be part of a religion to embrace God or what ever your religion might be like. Think for yourselves. All of the religions are made up by people, so why shouldn't the other people who are in this religion not effect it? God never will say what is wrong. If you make somebody unhappy because their interest in sex is different, it's sad. But humans are stupid. People won't just change their religion. So why not be the smarter one and actually think for yourselves.

Conclusion (TL,DR): Gay people don't need to get married in church, you can still be religious even though you are gay and not 'in' church.
Post by: Frank on May 22, 2012, 09:58:23 AM
While I do understand that gayness in religion is wrong, I do not understand why does gay people want to get married in church. I'm not really that old to know (or that willing to google it...) but you don't need to have wedding in church, you can just register you and your partner as married.
I know that gay people can be religious or not, but you don't need to be part of a religion to embrace God or what ever your religion might be like. Think for yourselves. All of the religions are made up by people, so why shouldn't the other people who are in this religion not effect it? God never will say what is wrong. If you make somebody unhappy because their interest in sex is different, it's sad. But humans are stupid. People won't just change their religion. So why not be the smarter one and actually think for yourselves.

Conclusion (TL,DR): Gay people don't need to get married in church, you can still be religious even though you are gay and not 'in' church.
I think the topic is legal marriage, not religious.
Post by: Sabb on May 22, 2012, 10:11:19 AM
Yes, but again, not one's telling you to make love to a guy. The majority of people here are straight and also are not into that lol... it's a given.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 22, 2012, 12:46:52 PM
I disagree with it. Not because of what religions say but it just shouldn't be that way. Having too many freedoms won't bring us to a golden age.
It's not about if it brings a 'golden age'. It's about doing what is morally right.
Post by: semy32 on May 22, 2012, 01:00:07 PM
What I get from this thread:

People who don't give a fuck VS. Religious people
Post by: Prox on May 22, 2012, 01:39:33 PM
It's not about if it brings a 'golden age'. It's about doing what is morally right.
Allowing gay marriages is not morally right.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 22, 2012, 01:40:59 PM
Allowing gay marriages is not morally right.
Okay then, explain why it is wrong.
Post by: Prox on May 22, 2012, 01:54:44 PM
Okay then, explain why it is wrong.
Because a marriage should be only between a man and a woman and I don't even want to talk about what would happen if people who would be in a homosexual marriage would adopt a child. It just cannot be that way.

I have a strong opinion about this and nothing is going to change it so let's not argue about this too much.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 22, 2012, 01:59:20 PM
Because a marriage should be only between a man and a woman
Why 'should' it be? I don't see in the definition of marriage that it is strictly 'Man and woman'. Just human and human.

I don't even want to talk about what would happen if people who would be in a homosexual marriage would adopt a child. It just cannot be that way.
The child would be adopted by a loving, yet gay, family. There's millions of children wanting a loving family and home just rotting away at orphanages. Just because they are gay doesn't mean they're sick in the head.

I have a strong opinion about this and nothing is going to change it so let's not argue about this too much.
Okay then.
Post by: Supertoaster on May 22, 2012, 02:40:32 PM
Because a marriage should be only between a man and a woman and I don't even want to talk about what would happen if people who would be in a homosexual marriage would adopt a child. It just cannot be that way.

whats wrong with two gay guys adopting a child.
Post by: Foofoojack on May 22, 2012, 03:47:34 PM

I can argue with this!

Let me just pull out a book written by who-knows and pretend to know exactly what is right.

Even though I have no evidence, the imaginary friend says it is wrong, so it must be wrong!
Post by: Alkaline on May 22, 2012, 04:10:46 PM
I am a victim of those who follow legalism.
Post by: Devie on May 22, 2012, 04:27:21 PM

adoption is something thats taken seriously. A couple cannot just go in the store and pick out a baby like its the animal humane society. You have to be a certain age to adopt, have a certain income, and have a stable background and of course, a stable home. I assure you that the adoption agency does not just give out children to anyone. My point is; they make sure its an actual loving home for the child. Regardless if it were a two gay men.

The whole thing about "the child has to have a mother/father figure"? Bullshit, there's plenty of children out there who's fathers abandoned them and their mothers when they found out she was knocked up. I know someone who's mother died at a young age and grew up without one up and he turns out just fine. I know a girl who was raped a child by her step father because her mother was too drugged up to know.

I've seen children get made fun of because "their mom is a crack whore" or they're a "bastard" or "HAHA YOUR DAD LEFT YOU" or "YOUR DAD BEATS YOU" or "your MOM IS DEAD or "you have an alcoholic father"

It bugs me when someone has a one night stand - knocks up the girl - and the girl ends up doing drugs - etc. Having a hard life, making the child suffer through this shit growing up - meanwhile, gay couples sit in the corner and cry about "not being able to" have a child of their own.

I mean if its morally wrong for gays to get married.. my opinion is that it is morally wrong to get a divorce once you're married..

I can argue with this!

Let me just pull out a book written by who-knows and pretend to know exactly what is right.

Even though I have no evidence, the imaginary friend says it is wrong, so it must be wrong!

AND LOL.
(http://images.tvrage.com/shows/4/3587.png)
Post by: toehawk on May 22, 2012, 06:44:46 PM
So you're saying
"I don't really care, but I care"

i'm saying i personally think it is wrong, but do not care what others do with their lives
Post by: ursus on May 22, 2012, 06:57:08 PM
i'm saying i personally think it is wrong, but do not care what others do with their lives

my viewpoint summarized
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 22, 2012, 07:00:47 PM

Just like what I said.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 22, 2012, 07:01:25 PM
What's wrong about it.
Post by: Seb on May 22, 2012, 07:02:33 PM

I'm not personally against gay marriage or gay rights in general, but when I found out a close friend of mine (who is the girl in his relationship) isn't a virgin, I felt... weird. Disgusted, kinda. And it really rustles my jimmies when he talks about how great his boyfriend is.

it's weird
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 22, 2012, 07:08:17 PM
What's wrong about it.

I know it's easy to ask why about things Tiger Guy, but these types of topics, people usually have firm grounds on their beliefs. That's their opinion, and you've just got to learn to accept it. If he personally doesn't think it is right, that's his own thoughts.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 22, 2012, 07:20:20 PM
I know it's easy to ask why about things Tiger Guy, but these types of topics, people usually have firm grounds on their beliefs. That's their opinion, and you've just got to learn to accept it. If he personally doesn't think it is right, that's his own thoughts.
That's the thing. There's NOTHING wrong about it, yet people don't like it because it goes against their bullshit religious beliefs or because "its weird."
Post by: cogsandspigots on May 22, 2012, 07:45:47 PM
That's the thing. There's NOTHING wrong about it, yet people don't like it because it goes against their bullshit religious beliefs or because "its weird."
"bullshit religious beliefs"

Tiger Guy, you just insulted over 9/10 of the people on this planet.
Religious beliefs are not "bullshit", they are something that a person holds very dear to them.

You will not get far in life if you cannot accept others' beliefs and opinions.
Post by: Seb on May 22, 2012, 07:46:57 PM

Religious beliefs are not "bullshit", they are something that a person holds very dear to them.

You can accept it while still knowing DISREGARD THIS I SUCK COCKS
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 22, 2012, 07:55:28 PM

Okay. I really don't care.
Post by: Bovicide on May 22, 2012, 08:19:24 PM

Well, in all likelyhood only one type of religious belief is correct (maybe less). That makes all the rest bullshit. Therefore, most religious beliefs are bullshit.
Post by: Cake Faice on May 22, 2012, 08:22:29 PM
And at the same time, you won't get very far trying to force upon your beliefs and opinions on other people, just like those who are going out of their way to oppose same sex marriage.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 22, 2012, 08:24:35 PM
The way I see it - It's not affecting my life, so why the hell should I care? It's also been shown that homosexual parents are more beneficial to children than heterosexual parents. For one, they adopt kids from orphanages. But that's a whole other story.

I understand people see it as "unnatural" and "disgusting", but really, it's not like this is new. It's been practiced since recorded history. Big woop.

What really annoys me are those extremists who believe gays and lesbians are the spawn of Satan and that they should die in a fire. That's just... It amazes how religious people can be so hateful like that. But that's why I'm not very religious.

Post by: Frank on May 22, 2012, 08:43:06 PM
The way I see it - It's not affecting my life, so why the hell should I care? It's also been shown that homosexual parents are more beneficial to children than heterosexual parents. For one, they adopt kids from orphanages. But that's a whole other story.

I understand people see it as "unnatural" and "disgusting", but really, it's not like this is new. It's been practiced since recorded history. Big woop.

What really annoys me are those extremists who believe gays and lesbians are the spawn of Satan and that they should die in a fire. That's just... It amazes how religious people can be so hateful like that. But that's why I'm not very religious.

Although I'm okay with your post, I don't think that "it's been done since ever" is a good argument for anything. Specially because then they could also say that cannibalism is okay too, and that so is murder.
Post by: Ἆxule on May 22, 2012, 08:47:51 PM
Although I'm okay with your post, I don't think that "it's been done since ever" is a good argument for anything. Specially because then they could also say that cannibalism is okay too, and that so is murder.

That's a good point. I only really brought it up to prove that it's not new in society. But after rereading it, I see how I wrote it incorrectly.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 22, 2012, 08:50:31 PM
Expect that murder and cannibalism is taking away life from a person to potentially benefit (its still wrong unless they're trying to kill you) another, or just that they're sick in the head.  Gay rights don't take rights away from anyone.
Post by: Shockah on May 22, 2012, 10:39:28 PM
Expect that murder and cannibalism is taking away life from a person to potentially benefit (its still wrong unless they're trying to kill you) another, or just that they're sick in the head.  Gay rights don't take rights away from anyone.

Exactly, I tend to follow a lot of John Lockes philosophy in this instance as well, if it isn't adversely affecting someone else than you should have the freedom to do as you please.
Post by: toehawk on May 22, 2012, 11:36:20 PM
That's a good point. I only really brought it up to prove that it's not new in society. But after rereading it, I see how I wrote it incorrectly.

as a matter of fact you where right, the early vikings had a set of laws that where upheld by a counsel of elders, among them was that homosexuality was punishable by death, (oddly it was the only thing that merited death for them, usualy the worst thing possible was just exile)
writings on egyptian depicting homosexuality and bestiality as wrong appeared in temples and tombs.

hommosexuality is not new, but open homosexuality is
Post by: Ἆxule on May 22, 2012, 11:39:00 PM
as a matter of fact you where right, the early vikings had a set of laws that where upheld by a counsel of elders, among them was that homosexuality was punishable by death, (oddly it was the only thing that merited death for them, usualy the worst thing possible was just exile)
writings on egyptian depicting homosexuality and bestiality as wrong appeared in temples and tombs.

hommosexuality is not new, but open homosexuality is

Not exactly. It depends on the culture. There were a few cultures during the time of Persia that were open to homosexuality.
Post by: Shockah on May 22, 2012, 11:41:55 PM
Not exactly. It depends on the culture. There were a few cultures during the time of Persia that were open to homosexuality.

Ehhh Rome, Greece, all those crazy mofos or am I mis-informed?
Post by: Ἆxule on May 22, 2012, 11:52:21 PM
Ehhh Rome, Greece, all those crazy mofos or am I mis-informed?

Nope, those were the ones I was thinking of
Post by: Tezuni on May 23, 2012, 02:34:27 AM
topless women...

When they are just hanging there staring you in the face all the time it might get old and lose the main attraction.

Cleavage and all that good stuff is fun though  :D
Post by: cogsandspigots on May 23, 2012, 03:10:25 AM
And at the same time, you won't get very far trying to force upon your beliefs and opinions on other people, just like those who are going out of their way to oppose same sex marriage.
I wasn't asking him to take my beliefs (I'm not against same sex marriage, mind you), I was asking him to just respect mine, as well as the rest of the world's.
Post by: Prox on May 23, 2012, 05:07:57 AM
I can argue with this!

so fanni i loled xDDD

adoption is something thats taken seriously. A couple cannot just go in the store and pick out a baby like its the animal humane society. You have to be a certain age to adopt, have a certain income, and have a stable background and of course, a stable home. I assure you that the adoption agency does not just give out children to anyone. My point is; they make sure its an actual loving home for the child. Regardless if it were a two gay men.

The whole thing about "the child has to have a mother/father figure"? Bullshit, there's plenty of children out there who's fathers abandoned them and their mothers when they found out she was knocked up. I know someone who's mother died at a young age and grew up without one up and he turns out just fine. I know a girl who was raped a child by her step father because her mother was too drugged up to know.
I don't think that it is necessary to have a mother and a father either and I understand that adoption is a serious thing but what I'm afraid of is that the kid that would get adopted by a homosexual family would as well become a homosexual while it isn't necessarily a bad thing but there is absolutely no need to increase the number of homosexuals. Also it is more then likely that that kid would get bullied at school because of his parents.

This is what I personally think so don't try to put your thoughts in my head because I'm not doing this to any of you, I just simply stated my opinion and now it seems I have to "defend" myself because not all of you are tolerant enough.

Post by: Sabb on May 23, 2012, 07:53:30 AM
so fanni i loled xDDD

I don't think that it is necessary to have a mother and a father either and I understand that adoption is a serious thing but what I'm afraid of is that the kid that would get adopted by a homosexual family would as well become a homosexual while it isn't necessarily a bad thing but there is absolutely no need to increase the number of homosexuals. Also it is more then likely that that kid would get bullied at school because of his parents.

This is what I personally think so don't try to put your thoughts in my head because I'm not doing this to any of you, I just simply stated my opinion and now it seems I have to "defend" myself because not all of you are tolerant enough.
I was just waiting for this point to be brought up. I know some people argue that the child's life won't be the same and can't be raised the same etc, not necessarily that the parents aren't capable of raising them right... but yea. Kids will always bully each other. And if kids being bullied for having gay parents becomes an issue, then enforce stricter laws basically. Of course they're kids so there's not much that can be done, but if they're causing serious issues, then I would say something should be done to them for sure. Even if they're young. But any ways... them being bullied isn't an entirely terrible thing any ways. Yes, it sucks to have to go through that, but generally it also teaches them a lot about life, morals, values, etc. So it could actually aid them long-term. Yes it's a weird argument to make, but there's basically no solid solution to the problem, so you might as well make the best of it.
Post by: Prox on May 23, 2012, 10:41:34 AM
I was just waiting for this point to be brought up. I know some people argue that the child's life won't be the same and can't be raised the same etc, not necessarily that the parents aren't capable of raising them right... but yea. Kids will always bully each other. And if kids being bullied for having gay parents becomes an issue, then enforce stricter laws basically. Of course they're kids so there's not much that can be done, but if they're causing serious issues, then I would say something should be done to them for sure. Even if they're young. But any ways... them being bullied isn't an entirely terrible thing any ways. Yes, it sucks to have to go through that, but generally it also teaches them a lot about life, morals, values, etc. So it could actually aid them long-term. Yes it's a weird argument to make, but there's basically no solid solution to the problem, so you might as well make the best of it.
Getting bullied can teach the kids something about life but at what cost...
Bulling also teaches the kids to do suicides, you know. In here where I live this happened more then once.
Post by: Frank on May 23, 2012, 10:49:52 AM
so fanni i loled xDDD

Zomggggg!!!1!1! faggots and dykes multiplying? Oh woooow! Just like amoebas!

I'm really questioning your argument now. Do you really think that just because someone's parents are gay, their children will also be gay? Then why am I gay if my parents are straight?

Bulling also teaches the kids to do suicides, you know. In here where I live this happened more then once.
If you want bullying to stop, don't stop the bullied from breeding, prevent the bullies from bullying. It's like punishing the raped.
Post by: Sabb on May 23, 2012, 10:54:22 AM
Obviously, but I'm not supporting bullying. Kids will get bullied no matter what, but stricter rules can prevent it as well.
And what Frank said.
Post by: Devie on May 23, 2012, 11:00:33 AM
Obviously, but I'm not supporting bullying. Kids will get bullied no matter what, but stricter rules can prevent it as well.
And what Frank said.

I got bullied for being asian, I got bullied for being short, I got bullied for not being "white".
T_T
Post by: Frank on May 23, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
I got bullied for being asian, I got bullied for being short, I got bullied for not being "white".
T_T
But that's your fault! You should be white! You should be tall!

You should be AMERICAN!
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 23, 2012, 01:04:13 PM
I don't think that it is necessary to have a mother and a father either and I understand that adoption is a serious thing but what I'm afraid of is that the kid that would get adopted by a homosexual family would as well become a homosexual while it isn't necessarily a bad thing but there is absolutely no need to increase the number of homosexuals.
Humans don't 'turn' gay, they are born that way.

Also it is more then likely that that kid would get bullied at school because of his parents.
Well yeah, but it's more likely that a kid will get bullied at school if he plays video games, and look what we do. It's not their fault, it's the other children's parents fault for bring up a bigot. It's kinda like being bullied because your race or height. You can't control it.
Post by: Devie on May 23, 2012, 01:16:35 PM
Humans don't 'turn' gay, they are born that way.

Yap yap.

"A straight couple can make their kid turn gay as much as a gay couple can"
Maybe people need to start smacking their children once they show signs of homosexuality. Like, wearing mommys shoes, etc.

._.
Post by: Shockah on May 23, 2012, 01:29:41 PM
Yap yap.

"A straight couple can make their kid turn gay as much as a gay couple can"
Maybe people need to start smacking their children once they show signs of homosexuality. Like, wearing mommys shoes, etc.

._.

LOL, I don't necessarily think that's the best way to go about things though the general gay stereo type is very feminine there are plenty of gay men who are very masculine (COUGH Neil Patrick Harris I swear that guy's straight). I mean I'm gay do I look, sound, act the part I like to think not but I digress.
Post by: Seb on May 23, 2012, 01:31:13 PM
LOL, I don't necessarily think that's the best way to go about things though the general gay stereo type is very feminine there are plenty of gay men who are very masculine (COUGH Neil Patrick Harris I swear that guy's straight). I mean I'm gay do I look, sound, act the part I like to think not but I digress.

Wait wait wait Neil Patrick Harris is gay?
Post by: Shockah on May 23, 2012, 01:33:50 PM
Wait wait wait Neil Patrick Harris is gay?

Exactly my fucking point.
Post by: Seb on May 23, 2012, 01:34:24 PM
Exactly my fucking point.

Holy fuck I just googled that.

You're not fucking kidding dude, Jesus.
Post by: Devie on May 23, 2012, 01:41:53 PM
It's not their fault, it's the other children's parents fault for bring up a bigot. It's kinda like being bullied because your race or height. You can't control it.

This made me feel better in a way. I was bullied a shit ton when I was growing up. But yeah you're right - parents raise ignorant little twats..
Proudlys brother is an example. He's a nice kid but he's mostly and definitely convinced that there are only TWO languages in the world that exists; English and Spanish.
The place we live in is pretty much the deep south of the south where people are VERY ignorant and we need MORE non-ignorant children. And with this I promise to raise my kids as such.

I mean a kid from my 8th grade spanish class yelled out
 "i dont wanna speak mexican! this country here is america! EVERYBODY SHOULD SPEAK AMERICAN"
to white kids here, every race that has spanish origin is "mexican" and every asian is either "chinese or japanese".

I'm not just talking about the white kids only either. Black people can also be very very ignorant. Hell the majority of my bullies as a kid were black guys and girls, and a couple of really trashy white kids.

Either way, it saddens me that there are alot of people who are this ignorant. If you were gay - you would be beat up - only because its the south. Then again, the gay kids back in school had an army. An army of white girls and hispanic girls and black girls - no guy would dare mess with. They still spoke badly of him though.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 23, 2012, 01:43:08 PM
Holy fuck I just googled that.

You're not fucking kidding dude, Jesus.

Seb, how do you not know this?
Post by: Seb on May 23, 2012, 01:45:42 PM
Seb, how do you not know this?

Because he's Neil Goddamn Patrick Harris! He was a total stud in How I Met Your Mother! He was the older brother in Malcolm in the Middle!
Post by: Shockah on May 23, 2012, 01:48:13 PM
Because he's Neil Goddamn Patrick Harris! He was a total stud in How I Met Your Mother! He was the older brother in Malcolm in the Middle!

Oh god my sides!
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 23, 2012, 01:55:41 PM

When I found out a couples years ago, I wasn't too surprised.

It's always the hot ones that turn out to be gay.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 23, 2012, 02:03:16 PM
When I found out a couples years ago, I wasn't too surprised.

It's always the hot ones that turn out to be gay.
But that would mean that I'm gay.
Post by: Shockah on May 23, 2012, 02:07:00 PM

Shut up Tiger Guy, everyone knows furries can't be gay
Post by: Deacon on May 23, 2012, 02:32:39 PM

UM
Post by: Lavenchie on May 23, 2012, 02:43:00 PM
>Furries
>Can't be gay

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Post by: Seb on May 23, 2012, 04:55:29 PM

Ditto.
Post by: ·UηİŦ·· on May 23, 2012, 06:38:07 PM
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA

But in all seriousness;

Post by: cogsandspigots on May 23, 2012, 07:04:33 PM
Devie, where the Hell do you live?

I live in North Carolina and I can assure you that it's not like that here.
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 23, 2012, 07:28:16 PM

Maybe not in your area, but in towns like King, North Carolina, it can get bad. Look up "In God We Trust?" on YouTube to understand what I'm talking about.
Post by: Devie on May 23, 2012, 09:09:02 PM

Lol I live in a deep southern town in south Carolina a little near Georgia.
Post by: boogschuttertje on May 24, 2012, 04:09:11 PM
I dont think gays should be allowed to marry...

because marriage is between a man and a woman and between two men is weird, and not the norm. i mean, how could you have a baby? every animal in the world needs a male and female to mate and those that happen to be gay dont live on to pass their genes, so why should people be different?

i know people have different opinion and might not agree with me but i really dont think gays couples should be allowed to have a ceremony that was traditionally for a man and woman
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 24, 2012, 04:19:00 PM

because marriage is between a man and a woman and between two men is weird
So? Being a brony is weird, and you're one. It doesn't matter if it is 'weird'.

i mean, how could you have a baby? every animal in the world needs a male and female to mate and those that happen to be gay dont live on to pass their genes, so why should people be different?
There are more than 100 species of animals show homosexual behavior. It's a shame that the most advanced one is the only one discriminating against it.

Also, adoption.

i know people have different opinion and might not agree with me but i really dont think gays couples should be allowed to have a ceremony that was traditionally for a man and woman
Actually in several ancient civilizations (Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, and Native American Tribes (They were actually declared holy and sacred)). They have for about 2000 years. Why don't people just let them be?
Post by: boogschuttertje on May 24, 2012, 04:24:19 PM
There are more than 100 species of animals show homosexual behavior. It's a shame that the most advanced one is the only one discriminating against it.

those 100 species of animals arent smart enough to know what is right and whats not they only have urges
Post by: Frank on May 24, 2012, 04:26:10 PM
those 100 species of animals arent smart enough to know what is right and whats not they only have urges
>Brony
>love and tolerate
>gays can't marry because that is WEIRD!

>no face can describe my emotions

>reject because marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman

>reject integration of black people into schools because they're supposed to be for white people
Post by: Tiger Guy on May 24, 2012, 04:28:28 PM
._.

Some of those species are the smartest around.

Please give me a GOOD reason why being gay isn't right. 'Because it's weird' isn't a good reason.
Post by: boogschuttertje on May 24, 2012, 04:30:01 PM
>Brony
>love and tolerate
>gays can't marry because that is WEIRD!

>no face can describe my emotions

actually youk now what, your right. i shouldnt be discriminating gays, especially on a forum

can a mod remove this please
Post by: Lavenchie on May 24, 2012, 04:31:43 PM
actually youk now what, your right. i shouldnt be discriminating gays, especially on a forum

I like how supportive you are of your own opinions.
Post by: Frank on May 24, 2012, 04:36:00 PM

It's not about that, you haven't said they're bad or anything, just that they're weird. It's your reasoning what I find strange. How, being a part of such a group (MLP), you reject same sex marriage because it's weird.
Post by: Sabb on May 24, 2012, 04:46:22 PM

because marriage is between a man and a woman and between two men is weird, and not the norm. i mean, how could you have a baby? every animal in the world needs a male and female to mate and those that happen to be gay dont live on to pass their genes, so why should people be different?

LOL
DUDE WTF
>not the norm
>you're a brony
>unless you're an 8 yea old girl, that's "not the norm" too

No, I don't have anything against bronies really. I don't understand why people would possibly enjoy the show so much, and want to tell everyone about it, but it's not my place to judge. Or care. Same with homosexuality and marriage. IMO, as long as it's two people marrying, nothing else should matter. And... marriage isn't about having a baby. AT ALL. MANY people marry without having a baby, have a baby then marry, or even have a baby and never marry.
And traditions change. Traditionally, a father would never let you possibly watch a show like My Little Pony. You'd get beat to hell. Be glad they do change.
Post by: toehawk on May 24, 2012, 04:47:31 PM
It's not about that, you haven't said they're bad or anything, just that they're weird. It's your reasoning what I find strange. How, being a part of such a group (MLP), you reject same sex marriage because it's weird.

i didnt think MLP = homosexuality or anything related to that..... althogh i am not a brony or anything,  mlp(bronys) just seemed to be a joking/statement of not being afraid to be silly..
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on May 24, 2012, 04:49:19 PM
i didnt think MLP = homosexuality or anything related to that..... althogh i am not a brony or anything,  mlp(bronys) just seemed to be a joking/statement of not being afraid to be silly..

He isn't saying it is, he is saying that he has not right to call anything "weird" or "not normal" because he does something that is equally weird and abnormal. He pretty much contradicts himself making whatever point he was trying to make, invalid.
Post by: Supertoaster on May 24, 2012, 04:53:57 PM
bronies are weird they shouldn't be allowed to post here

Post by: Rocket50 on May 24, 2012, 05:11:47 PM
marriage is between a man and a woman and between two men is weird, and not the norm.

>brony
>calling gays weird

irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony
irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony irony
Post by: Frank on May 24, 2012, 05:15:22 PM
He isn't saying it is, he is saying that he has not right to call anything "weird" or "not normal" because he does something that is equally weird and abnormal. He pretty much contradicts himself making whatever point he was trying to make, invalid.
No, what I said was that saying you can't do something JUST BECAUSE it is not normal, since it's not normal to watch MLP within male gender roles, for example.

Also, normal = follows the norm (Social norms are described by sociologists as being laws that govern society’s behaviors)
common = there's much of it

Homosexuality and other non-straight sexualities are still abnormal. They're not part of what societies deem their "culture". Therefore yes, gays are weird. But not uncommon. Not at all.
Post by: Lavenchie on May 24, 2012, 05:30:01 PM
In a sense, Nothing CAN be normal, in one prespective or another whatever it is can seem weird.

For example; Some people like football and think people are weird for not liking it,
Some people can't stand football and think people are weird FOR liking it

So in a way normal is impossible to achieve makings something legal or not because it's "Weird" isn't right, we might as well outlaw eating meat because vegetarians think it's weird and hate when people eat meat making it abnormal for them.
Post by: Sabb on May 24, 2012, 05:32:27 PM
In a sense, Nothing CAN be normal, in one prespective or another whatever it is can seem weird.

For example; Some people like football and think people are weird for not liking it,

So in a way normal is impossible to achieve makings something legal or not because it's "Weird" isn't right, we might as well outlaw eating meat because vegetarians think it's weird and hate when people eat meat making it abnormal for them.
My phys ed teacher once told me there's no average size of dick.
Bitch, there is. You measure a lot of dick, divide it by the amount of dick you measure, multiply by 100 and bam. You've got an average.
What I'm saying is being normal isn't a myth lol.
Post by: Rocket50 on May 24, 2012, 05:33:59 PM

You have to understand there's threshold between 'different' and 'weird.' Sure if you like football in Canada thats not too odd, but when you start littering your walls with pony then it becomes weird
Post by: boogschuttertje on May 24, 2012, 07:39:07 PM
we arent weird, we're just like any other dedicated fanbase. they can be obessed at times too, but no one ever harrasses them about it and calls them out on being "weird" and not "part of the norm"

love and tolerate, that's what everyone should be doing
Post by: Seb on May 24, 2012, 07:45:33 PM
we arent weird, we're just like any other dedicated fanbase. they can be obessed at times too, but no one ever harrasses them about it and calls them out on being "weird" and not "part of the norm"

love and tolerate, that's what everyone should be doing

It's hard to love and tolerate when IT'S BEING SHOVED DOWN OUR FUCKING THROATS, FILLING EVERY CAPILLARY AND GETTING IN EVERY PORE.
Post by: cogsandspigots on May 24, 2012, 07:54:31 PM
Moving back ontopic, I would like to shift focus away from the "strangeness" of it and the religious aspects and towards government itself.

America is based of personal liberty, the government has no place to regulate a person's marriage.
Post by: Tezuni on May 24, 2012, 09:28:56 PM
My phys ed teacher once told me there's no average size of dick.
Bitch, there is. You measure a lot of dick, divide it by the amount of dick you measure, multiply by 100 and bam. You've got an average.
What I'm saying is being normal isn't a myth lol.
this is my new sig
Post by: Nemisous on June 01, 2012, 03:03:26 PM
honestly i find the thought of homosexual intercourse disgusting, but as long as its not hurting anyone or is violating any law or constitutional amendment, then I don't see any problem with gay marriage.
Post by: Rocket50 on June 01, 2012, 03:30:42 PM
http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/06/01/47019.htm (http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/06/01/47019.htm)

>mfw doctor doesnt treat HIV patient because he's gay and says thats the punishment for going against god's will
Post by: Seb on June 01, 2012, 08:27:49 PM
honestly i find the thought of homosexual intercourse disgusting, but as long as its not hurting anyone or is violating any law or constitutional amendment, then I don't see any problem with gay marriage.

this pretty much
Post by: Zevante on June 01, 2012, 08:41:29 PM
Never seen two male cats getting it on, so it certainly isn't natural. That said I think as everybody's minds are different (physque, confidence, upbringing, religion, optimism/pessimism) and certain types of people have more of a chance of having feelings towards those of the same sex.
Post by: Frank on June 02, 2012, 10:19:57 AM
Never seen two male cats getting it on, so it certainly isn't natural. That said I think as everybody's minds are different (physque, confidence, upbringing, religion, optimism/pessimism) and certain types of people have more of a chance of having feelings towards those of the same sex.

Haha, no. It's like saying "I have never seen two guys having sex, therefore gays don't exist."

So if homosexuality was illegal, you'd want it to stay that way?
Post by: Nemisous on June 02, 2012, 10:35:42 AM
Haha, no. It's like saying "I have never seen two guys having sex, therefore gays don't exist."

So if homosexuality was illegal, you'd want it to stay that way?

but it cant, it would be overturned by the supreme court. Because homosexuality is a way of life and exercising ones beliefs, so that is protected under the bill of rights. "freedom of speech" ,"freedom of religion" and "right to privacy within ones home" but the federal government can't ban or make legal gay marriage for all 50 states, all 50 have to agree for such things to happen, and neither of the states can all agree on something, unless of course its invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.
Post by: Deacon on June 02, 2012, 10:39:05 AM
I'm fairly certain that it was a federal decision to go to war.
Post by: Nemisous on June 02, 2012, 10:56:49 AM
I'm fairly certain that it was a federal decision to go to war.

Well yes it was technically federal, because it was the executive branch that proposed the bill and congress, house of representatives, and governors (which represent the states in DC) all agreed to mobilize troops against Sadam Husein to take out "proposed WMD sites" and to enter Afghanistan to hunt down Bin Laden (later found out that he was long gone before we even landed). Though no real  Declaration of war was signed it was all agreed upon by the folks in DC.....................................................................but anyways back to the topic.

Legally, being a homosexual cant be banned as it a direct violation of the bill of rights. the controversity is over marriage because it isnt clearly outlined in the constitution(because marriage was a local level thing rather than federal or state level). That is why both sides are trying to make amendments to the constitution stating " marriage is between one man and one woman, or " marriage is between two humans". Though personally I see no need, because I think when it says " the right to privacy in ones home", I think that covers who your sleeping with an who is your spouse, so one could make the claim that gay marriage is legal under the bill of rights.
Post by: Pilgrim on June 02, 2012, 10:58:34 AM

Actually, there have been many instances of homosexuality in nature.

See this. http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx (http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx)
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on June 28, 2012, 12:50:07 AM
I dont care, if two people of the same gender love each other then so be it.
I dont have any problems with gays, just in a way this is...creepy?
Post by: Fenix on June 28, 2012, 06:48:25 AM
I dont care, if two people of the same gender love each other then so be it.
I dont have any problems with gays, just in a way this is...creepy?
Post by: Samo on June 29, 2012, 02:29:10 AM
Another... BUMP!
Post by: Deacon on June 29, 2012, 09:52:08 AM
Another... BUMP!

Why?
Post by: Frank on June 29, 2012, 10:37:54 AM
The lack of serious arguments here is not surprising. I think this topic is as good as locked.