Author Topic: Application: Prox  (Read 632 times)

Offline Don

Application: Prox
« on: November 27, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »
I personally think Prox would be a great candidate for admin that just hasn't gotten non-fgt enough yet to apply for it.

So, post your opinions of Prox, if you have any.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Re: Application: Prox
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »
I think he's perfectly fit for it. He's got every characteristic needed in an admin.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:58:01 PM »
More or less favoritism leads the way in your opinions? I don't think he is fit for it.
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Don

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 08:07:19 AM »
More or less favoritism leads the way in your opinions? I don't think he is fit for it.
Would you like to elaborate on both points?

As in, reasons for why you think he wouldn't be fit for it?

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »
Does he even want to be admin?

Anyways, haven't played that much with him, but seems like a nice guy from what I've seen and has never been a abusive VIP.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »
Prox and I used to talk a lot.
He seemes like a great person for admin.

Goodluck prox.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »
Does he even want to be admin?
Yeah, I do.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
Prox's admin application

Name: Eimantas

In-game name: Prox

Steam account: prox10b

Time zone: GMT+02

I've been about 2 years in this community.

Servers that I play on: Zombie Survival
                                    Trouble in Terrorist Town
                                    Stronghold
                                    Fretta
If needed I can go to any server to deal with a problem.

Why do I want and I should be admin?

Because I am ready. I am self confident, able to make my own decisions independently on others thoughts or my own emotions.
I am capable of moderating and investigating server related things under a pressure or a stress but it does effect me. Although I may not be active as some other admins in-game I won't be the least active of them all as well. However I am very active on forums. I do know that reports/appeals/apps etc. are currently are being taken care of well but there are still not enough admins on the servers and probably there never will because after all there are quite a few servers active 24/7 and not everyone from the administration team plays there either. I'm from East Europe or Russia as Don says(bish l2geography), this means I could be another admin active at Europe/ Very West Asia timezones. Also I have not been demoted a single time in this whole 2 year perion from Respected/VIP ranks.
   Over this time I have changed a lot. I remember when I was really dependant on others opinions which was controlling my votekicks/bans. I've let some of the rule breakers and even 1 or 2 hackers to get away because of that as well as I have votekicked/banned innocent players. Now I changed, I changed a lot.

Situations?
http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,7835.msg115078.html#msg115078
These are my basic situations. I do know that with different conditions comes different situations. I also do give warnings on certain things like prop push etc but I dont for hacking etc.

A few characteristics of mine that you should know:
If I think that I'm doing the right thing and ONE of the members of ANY RANK disagree I will folow my way unless he somehow convinces me or there are more members who think the same way he does.
Don't think that I wont cooperate with others because of that, I won't be that sure in every case.

Ways to contact me:
   Over the forums or steam, but if I don't know you it is better that you would contact me over the forums since I may ignore or decline your friend request over steam.

And that's it.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »
Time to bump this.

In my opinion, I think Prox is the best candidate along with Juan. He is on nearly everyday and admin's the servers to his full extent. He knows the rules to TTT and isn't afraid to call out people that are breaking rules. He has more than likely accumulated days out of his life to write reports, which are approved at least 85-90% of the time. He also is in a timezone where no other admins live, so there would be at least 1 admin on for at least a few more hours a day if others were on.

To keep the consistency from my post on Marie's thread, I'm going to do a pros and cons of Prox:

Pros:
Has a lot of experience using his VIP powers to ban rule breakers.
Willing to take time out of his day to make sure rule breakers are banned.
Gets along fairly well with people in RND.
Not afraid to ban people.

Cons:
Has a reputation to be a rager.
Can be offensive at times.

I believe that Prox is ready to step up to the plate (or go hard in the paint since Basketball is Lithuania's national sport) and become an admin.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 10:11:28 PM »
Time to bump this.

In my opinion, I think Prox is the best candidate along with Juan. He is on nearly everyday and admin's the servers to his full extent. He knows the rules to TTT and isn't afraid to call out people that are breaking rules. He has more than likely accumulated days out of his life to write reports, which are approved at least 85-90% of the time. He also is in a timezone where no other admins live, so there would be at least 1 admin on for at least a few more hours a day if others were on.

To keep the consistency from my post on Marie's thread, I'm going to do a pros and cons of Prox:

Pros:
Has a lot of experience using his VIP powers to ban rule breakers.
Willing to take time out of his day to make sure rule breakers are banned.
Gets along fairly well with people in RND.
Not afraid to ban people.

Cons:
Has a reputation to be a rager.
Can be offensive at times.

I believe that Prox is ready to step up to the plate (or go hard in the paint since Basketball is Lithuania's national sport) and become an admin.
I pretty much agree with everything stated above.

While Proxs abrasiveness is a concern to me, I do think that he'd be a great addition to the team. He has done far more than his fair share as a VIP, and I honestly believe that he'll make full use of the admin powers given to him.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »
I completely concur with Tiger. Though Prox may have an abrasive personality and his style of enforcing the rules differs greatly from mine. He fits the bill well, and when I was an active part of the servers could always count on him to make the right decisions. I for one, feel this promotion is long overdue.

Offline ○ Μαρία ○

• Kingdom Bravely Fantasy
  • Badge CreatorDonatorDedicated SummonerDog LoverLinux UserWindows UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Probably playing FFXIV
    • KHMarieXII tumblr.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:40 AM »
For awhile I was unsure of how I felt as Prox as an admin, even though he was very active and did produce a lot of reports. His attitude could sometimes contradict his actions on occasion, however I do not feel that is the case now. Prox's determination and clear caring for the servers/community really shows, and I think that is something really special. He makes people laugh, and he knows when to be serious. He is a really responsible guy, and has a lot of dignity, and I really respect him for that. I see past just him being active, and I see that he has more to offer than just that, and would in the future. I think he'd make a great Admin at this point, and would not mind seeing him in that position.
Prox: gibs me dat pic of sabb choking on  a dick

Offline Rbn

• Linux UserOld Forum MemberrNd Developer
    View More Badges!

• Include( 'Yuban.lua' )
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
   He's very active, I always been watching him [Not Stalking mode, but, when he takes a shix, he wipe his ass in a really weird way], always handling RDMers, reporting people since already other members stated Pros and Cons before me that's all i have to say.

As most of the people here, i think he's ready for Admin and I support him.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 06:48:43 PM »
I've been considering what I think makes a good admin for a while now and whether or not Prox really has the characteristics that I find important. Originally, as in maybe a month or so ago I had decided that Prox might not be ready due to a few characteristics he has such as his jokingly negative attitude and occasional stubbornness but as of somewhat recently I think I've changed my view slightly and see that Prox, though often a joker or w.e you want to call it, he can also be very serious and make decisions properly. I see him do this consistently as a VIP where he allows himself to make level-headed decisions and not jump to assumptions when dealing with situations. He also spends a hell of a lot of time making reports on the forums for troublesome players which require longer than a 5 or 60 minute ban. I think that it'd be quite beneficial for the servers to have him promoted especially as Prox won't be wasting his time (and slightly others') with making reports, and instead instantly being able to give a more appropriate punishment. Also keeping in mind how active Prox is and how willing to help he is, I really do think his time on the servers would be used better this way so that problem players can be dealt with not only on TTT, but mostly any server on RND as he was quite active on Stronghold and ZS when they were populated. The only server I can think of that I don't think he's been all too active on is Wirebuild, which doesn't need as much management any ways and often does have at least one VIP or admin in it at a time while it's populated.
So basically a pretty strong +1 from me. I really do think Prox is overall a good person and responsible player and really think he would do a good job being productive in managing the servers. Aside from that though I do have a good amount of trust in Prox. From what I've seen he's quite trustworthy and almost always has a well formed opinion on things and often a slightly different view which can be nice.  :thumbsup:

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »
Welcome to the administration team! :)

http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,15631.0.html
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt