Author Topic: Note: Keep useless posts to a minimum  (Read 289 times)

Offline Don

Note: Keep useless posts to a minimum
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:37:49 AM »
Title says it.

Please keep comments saying "+1 seems legit" or "-1 proof doesn't convince me" out of any reports unless an admin specifically asks people to post whether they're convinced or not.
Those posts are not helpful in any way, shape or form and only make dealing with reports more difficult.

The only exception is if you have evidence of the same person doing other things against the rules.

To quote Xrain:

This last bit is just my opinon as I cant speak for everone on the administration staff.

But

Don't :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: Reports.

It doesn't really do us any good if all you do is +1 or -1 a report.

Were not asking your opinion of how you feel about a person. We are asking for evidence of a Infraction against the server rules.
If you have some comment you feel you need to make about it. Make it, but this isn't a contest on how popular a player is.

Comments only containing +1 or -1 will be deleted.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:39:20 AM by DoeniDon »

Offline aerobro

Re: Note: Keep useless posts to a minimum
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »
I can agree with some of this but I don't think you guys should delete posts from people that witnessed it.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
I can agree with some of this but I don't think you guys should delete posts from people that witnessed it.
If a post in some way contributes to the report by adding what they saw, a picture, anything, then it won't be deleted. If it's something like "good proof +1 ban", then it's probably going to be deleted as it doesn't help us in any way, just fills the thread with unnecessary posts.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:42:57 PM by Sabb »

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
The point is that if you witnessed it then you should have gotten proof that could be added to any report.
It also gets to be a headache for those who have to judge appropriate punishment when people +1 without reason or contributing anything.
Feel free to delete this If you don't agree.
-Hibernating till summer-

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
The point is that if you witnessed it then you should have gotten proof that could be added to any report.
It also gets to be a headache for those who have to judge appropriate punishment when people +1 without reason or contributing anything.
Feel free to delete this If you don't agree.

My point of view of what should be erased and what not is:

If something contributes any of both parties, let it there.

Like, giving arguments or proof of why someone should/ shouldn't be banned.

If you just say I WAS THERE +1... even tough he you was there you aren't really contributing the report in any way.. UNLESS the only proof that the reporter got is witnesses.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »
My point of view of what should be erased and what not is:

If something contributes any of both parties, let it there.

Like, giving arguments or proof of why someone should/ shouldn't be banned.

If you just say I WAS THERE +1... even tough he you was there you aren't really contributing the report in any way.. UNLESS the only proof that the reporter got is witnesses.
Agreed. That's basically how I've been handling them, and plan to continue to do so.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun