Author Topic: New to being a VIP? Read this!  (Read 183 times)

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
New to being a VIP? Read this!
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »
Hi there new recruits and welcome to the team. You're most likely in this position because you are trusted and people want you in this position. Hopefully you won't abuse it and you'll use it well. I decided to utilize this new board to pitch a few suggestions for new vips, which I'll try to add to as much as I can. If anyone has a suggestion you'd like me to add, just let me know or post it here.

Suggestions For New VIPs (Other admins edit/add things however you please):
  • If you're new and there's another more experienced VIP or admin in the server and someone's misbehaving, let them handle it, or at least ask them their input on what to do.
      - This will prevent you from making a mistake that could be easily avoided or making a kick or ban for something that might not be kickable or bannable. As they say, learn before doing.
  • Play on the servers as much as you can and try to play on more than just one server.
      - It's always nice to have at least one Admin or VIP in the server to prevent easily fixable mishaps. Being active also shows that you are commited to doing your job, which is good.
  • Try to be an active voter on VIP and Admin Applications.
      - As I stated before, you are most likely in this position because people trust you, so your opinion counts.
      - Also, most VIPs wouldn't be VIP without the help of 6 VIPs' Positive Votes, counting as 2 Admin votes. 2 votes is a big impact out of the necessary 5.
  • Don't be stressed and feel like you need to have complete control of everything in the servers.
      - Just play like you do normally. VIPs are there to moderate a server if there's no admin and a problem occurs. Otherwise, you're just normal players with a nice purple tag.

Last Updated By: Jman
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:40:02 PM by Jman »

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
Re: New to being a VIP? Read this!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
Just play like you do normally. VIPs are there to moderate a server if there's no admin and a problem occurs. Otherwise, you're just normal players with a nice purple tag.

Not to seem like a bitch...

but last time I checked it was pink.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.