Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

Oh, lord.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Rocket50:

--- Quote from: Shawn on November 05, 2011, 10:44:54 PM ---I completely agree with this

--- End quote ---

And then mothers against violence cries out in horror that this filth is splattering all over the youth of America

Shawn:

--- Quote from: Rocket50 on November 05, 2011, 10:46:42 PM ---And then mothers against violence cries out in horror that this filth is splattering all over the youth of America

--- End quote ---

The youth of America shouldn't be buying these games in the first place if these parents are allowing their children to buy games like this they have no one to blame but themselves.

Deacon:

--- Quote from: Shawn on November 05, 2011, 10:44:54 PM ---I completely agree with this

--- End quote ---

I disagree. The wars depicted in video games are real enough. We don't need simulations of real war, which is why you notice that none of the major games pay attention to that. They leave out the politics, and the diplomacy. You just fight an angry country full of fictional people. Games shouldn't hit home like that. They shouldn't make you feel like you're in war, because if you're crazy enough to WANT to be, then you need go into the military. I don't need to see a child blown up by a roadside bomb to be reminded that there ARE children being blown up. There's no delusion as to why we are fighting in games. Do we REALLY need so much of the drama?

I don't think we do.

Shawn:

--- Quote from: Deacon on November 05, 2011, 10:52:25 PM ---I don't need to see a child blown up by a roadside bomb to be reminded that there ARE children being blown up. There's no delusion as to why we are fighting in games
I don't think we do.

--- End quote ---

You may not but some people do.

Deacon:

--- Quote from: Shawn on November 05, 2011, 10:57:15 PM ---You may not but some people do.

--- End quote ---

Like who? Who has a hard time separating games from reality? Other than children, who should not even be playing those kind of games in the first place?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version