Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

Oh, lord.

<< < (5/6) > >>

blαh2355:
:/ I'm kind of in the middle of this issue. Sure it's like HOLY SHIT AN INNOCENT CIVILIAN JUST GOT BLOWN UP but also it's like meh, this happens everywhere.

Mr. Franklin:
It's a game, and game are evolving into movies, pretty much.

Deacon:
Thanks for actually, you know, talking with me about this Rocket. Lets clarify some things.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Rocket50: before i counterargue
Rocket50: are you arguing that dramatic scenes in a games or bad
Rocket50: or
Rocket50: just the shit ones in carl of duty
Rocket50: because im confoosed on your position .-.
Deacon: the ones in call of duty
Rocket50: and i suspect everyone is thinking that too
Deacon: specifically the one where you mow down a bunch of russian civillians
Rocket50: that youre against all drama
Rocket50: in shooters
Rocket50: Call of duty's civilian killing scenes is for media attention :l
Rocket50: Its just realllllllllly stupid
Deacon: well thats the thing. there can be drama. There can be soldiers dying alongside you. Guys that die before you can save them. thats enough drama. I don't need to pretend I'm a father recording the death of my 5 year old daughter in London.
Deacon: I agree
Deacon: but people try to defend it
Rocket50: im not defending the CoD massacres
Deacon: which is why i'm confused
Rocket50: uhh
Deacon: why people were arguing with me
Rocket50: better restate that position
Rocket50: of yours
Rocket50: :l
Rocket50: cake face thinks youre against drama as well
Deacon: i thought it was self-explanatory, given the OP. But I'll just post this chat

Deathie:
I'm just going to say that
It is possible to have emotional drama
without having to show some random family getting blown up by a bomb.

Heavy Rain Gameplay - Cut FInger Off
(For those of you that haven't played Heavy Rain, Ethan Mars, the guy here, has to cut off the top part of his end finger to get a clue that will help lead him to his son. You can chose NOT to do it, but at the same time, you won't get a clue to the whereabouts of your son, and could end up in you not being able to save him.)
This is just an example of something that really did impact me, and how something so minuscule in concept, can leave such a big impact. The equivalent to this game would be showing the Origami Killer drowning his victims, by forcing their heads under the water. We don't need to actually see the kids being killed, just the knowledge of it is enough.

As Deacon said, "well thats the thing. there can be drama. There can be soldiers dying alongside you. Guys that die before you can save them. thats enough drama. I don't need to pretend I'm a father recording the death of my 5 year old daughter in London."

Come now, it's obvious IW is just doing it for media attention. There was ABSOLUTELY no reason for it to be in the game.

Deacon:

--- Quote from: Snivy M.D. on November 06, 2011, 03:22:29 PM ---Heavy Rain Gameplay - Cut FInger Off
Come now, it's obvious IW is just doing it for media attention. There was ABSOLUTELY no reason for it to be in the game.

--- End quote ---

This was my point all along. Sorry for confusion.

Also this was done really well....although whoever made the video probably should have given the viewer a bit of background first cause i'm lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version