Author Topic: Admins That Deal With Applications  (Read 107 times)

Offline Teeny

• Accepting Red Velvet Cake at any time. <3
Admins That Deal With Applications
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:04:26 PM »
If you see a shit application, spam, or an application that wants to be removed, please do not bin it. Instead, deny it so that way we can keep track of who has made that application and why it was denied. Thanks.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
Re: Admins That Deal With Applications
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »
I'm assuming the same applies with VIP Apps?

Offline Teeny

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 12:19:57 AM »
Yes please. It just helps us see who has applied and keep track.

Offline Teeny

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »
Also if there is any confusion feel free to ask around so no mistakes are made. :] YEAH YEAH its a double post but it doesn't really count since the other one is old...right?

Offline Don

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 03:50:35 AM »
I was wondering about Regulars that lose their rank because an admin banned them. So far I just wanted them to talk to me (or the admin that banned them if I didnt do it) directly and then I'd think about it, but I'm interested in how others handle this.

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:08:04 AM »
Depends on the reason I banned them. I universally do not mess with re-promoting people I didn't directly deal with, as I do not enjoy making uninformed decisions.

For my own bans, If I intended the ban as just a warning for a minor infraction I will generally re-promote them, unless their behavior convinces me otherwise (ex: OMG RND SUCKS YOU GUYS EAT NUTS IMA DDOS EVERYTHING!!!11!?!@3214)

For more serious infractions I generally make them go through the application process again.

On the whole though I am pretty lenient about regulars, and only am really driven to action when they begin to deface our name from their actions.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Tomcat

• Your Argument is Inert
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Wat Do?
    • Tomcat's blog
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »
I was wondering about Regulars that lose their rank because an admin banned them. So far I just wanted them to talk to me (or the admin that banned them if I didnt do it) directly and then I'd think about it, but I'm interested in how others handle this.

Like xrain said it depends on what they do.

Tech would ban people for 5 min and never give them it back idk though.

Offline Teeny

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 11:09:42 PM »
If it hasn't been already stated then, I think that we should not get involved in another admins bans. There are many instances where someone was banned by an admin and they go ask another admin to deal with it. If a banned player comes up to you and asks you to deal with their ban, and you did not ban them, just tell them to go talk to the admin that banned them. The banned player needs to be responsible and mature enough to address the admin that was present in that issue because not everyone else will know exactly what happened.

The banned player should re-apply with an application so that we can have records. Also, if someone did not know already, a player will get automatically demoted if banned in-game. If you ban through sourcebans, you should demote the player using the rnd administration page. If you are not opted in for that, simply ask an admin that is so they can demote the banned player.

Offline Don

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 11:23:19 PM »
I guess I worded it poorly, but I didnt mean that I'd repromote them if someone else banned them.

Thanks for your inputs though.