Author Topic: The RND Community is Falling Apart  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
Re: The RND Community is Falling Apart
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 09:06:41 AM »
I remember asking Smasters some admin for my respected rank :)

and then ignoring me
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:22:04 AM by .:~RND`=-$ilent »

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline bipolardiz

• BipolarDiZ is bipolar
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 09:51:41 AM »
+2
Sabb there is something that can be done. IDK about you but my mom hammered this into my head. "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." It seems like thats never applied on the internet though sadly! :(

<07:31:01> "Moo"
: im australian black 6 yr girl from texas

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
Sabb there is something that can be done. IDK about you but my mom hammered this into my head. "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." It seems like thats never applied on the internet though sadly! :(
It's the internet, don't expect to make miracles and change everyone to be perfect human beings. Also, we argue sometimes, like any other person, it's not a big deal.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2011, 10:04:06 AM »
+2
It's the internet, don't expect to make miracles and change everyone to be perfect human beings.
We shouldn't have to be in this community knowing people like you are always going to start arguments.

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »
LOL sorry jus the way you said it...

anyways ya Sab, Hot, Smaster, Jman, Myself and others play everyday...
I did too.
And I will again, as soon as aforementioned problem is fixed.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 10:16:30 AM »
We shouldn't have to be in this community knowing people like you are always going to start arguments.
Then leave, you don't have to be here, I don't start arguments for useless shit, but recently, every post of yours has only been to attempt to insult me in some way, or just act like a total twat. Hypocritical isn't it? It seems you've just turned a thread that's discussing the community "falling apart" into a perfect example of what's being discussed.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
+1
Then leave, you don't have to be here, I don't start arguments for useless shit, but recently, every post of yours has only been to attempt to insult me in some way, or just act like a total twat. Hypocritical isn't it? It seems you've just turned a thread that's discussing the community "falling apart" into a perfect example of what's being discussed.

Okay Mr. President.

I honestly chuckled a little at "every post of yours has only been to attempt to insult me in some way".

Yeah sabb, because every post I make on this forum is directed to you. Good one.

Your post in response to bipolar explained EXACTLY what is happening, not mine.

It's the internet, don't expect to make miracles and change everyone to be perfect human beings. Also, we argue sometimes, like any other person, it's not a big deal.

It IS a big deal, it's what's tearing this community apart, people like yourself starting (admitted) arguments and thinking it's no big deal. THAT is the problem. The problem is you don't see a problem, so you don't care.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »
Okay Mr. President.

I honestly chuckled a little at "every post of yours has only been to attempt to insult me in some way".

Yeah sabb, because every post I make on this forum is directed to you. Good one.

It IS a big deal, it's what's tearing this community apart, people like yourself starting (admitted) arguments and thinking it's no big deal. THAT is the problem. The problem is you don't see a problem, so you don't care.
I really can't express how stupid that is. The part of "every post of yours has only been an attempt to insult me in some way" was an exaggeration... I don't mean that literally... half of the shit that you do, is a blunt insult to me and easily starts an argument, pretty much every post of yours DOES start an argument... And again, I don't purposely start arguments over stupid shit, if I start an argument over something, it's for a reason, not just to piss people off or something. The part of me saying people argue is because IT'S NOT UNUSUAL. People fucking disagree over some things, get the fuck over it. It's normal, that isn't what is really "deteriorating" the community imo. But FooFoo, seriously, don't you think it's time to grow up? We used to be cool with each other, but since I -1'd your VIP app, you simply hate my guts or some shit, and won't talk to me unless it's trying to insult me somehow... You're the one who made a LOT of arguing over me -1'ing your app, making an idiot of yourself bringing the discussion to threads that had nothing to do with it. So seriously, get over yourself.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 10:47:18 AM »
I really can't express how stupid that is. The part of "every post of yours has only been an attempt to insult me in some way" was an exaggeration... I don't mean that literally... half of the shit that you do, is a blunt insult to me and easily starts an argument, pretty much every post of yours DOES start an argument... And again, I don't purposely start arguments over stupid shit, if I start an argument over something, it's for a reason, not just to piss people off or something. The part of me saying people argue is because IT'S NOT UNUSUAL. People fucking disagree over some things, get the fuck over it. It's normal, that isn't what is really "deteriorating" the community imo. But FooFoo, seriously, don't you think it's time to grow up? We used to be cool with each other, but since I -1'd your VIP app, you simply hate my guts or some shit, and won't talk to me unless it's trying to insult me somehow... You're the one who made a LOT of arguing over me -1'ing your app, making an idiot of yourself bringing the discussion to threads that had nothing to do with it. So seriously, get over yourself.

Seems legit.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
+4
When I was visiting my Italian family, my dad told me that him and his dad got into an argument.

His dad asked if he and my mom argued, and my dad obviously said no. My parents have an extremely healthy relationship, have done a decent job of raising me so far, and never argue.

However, my 80-year-old fascist grandfather wouldn't have it.

He insisted that a marriage is only healthy if the couple argues.

He is the biggest asshole on the face of the earth.

I attempted to converse with him in broken Italian for about 10 minutes, and he wouldn't reply to me on account of the fact that he kept correcting me on my grammar and asserting that English was a much "simpler" language than Latin-European languages.

He and my grandmother both sleep in different rooms, because they both can't stand eachother.

The point of me saying all this was that if you think arguing is a good thing or even NOT a bad thing, you're a goddamn imbecile and need to open your eyes. Nothing good will ever come out of a bunch of idiots who don't know how to agree on even the tiniest thing. It's unbearable.

Even now, you assholes are actually managing to argue over whether or not arguing is a good thing or not. Not just that, you aren't even good at arguing. You just keep asserting your opinion as fact, and then putting a quote next to it to make yourself seem a little less wrong.

THIS is why the community is falling apart, because all of you can't stand the idea of conceding any ground in conversation and insist on always being right. I don't even know how any of you have friends, and I sure hope to god that none of you act like this in public.

The pitiful part of it all is that right now, I can just about predict that someone is going to flame the shit out of me for this. It's sad.

By the way:

First you say that foofoo is an example of why the community is falling apart, in the same paragraph when you literally tell him to leave the community.

If you're going to bother replying to this, although I don't see what that will accomplish, take into account the fact that in all likelihood what you say will only be more hate. Take a look at yourself.

Okay Mr. President.

Foofoo, you didn't need to reply.

It's fairly obvious that none of you need to be validated by anyone, much less members of the forum. Just by replying with more useless shit, you're contributing to this giant swirling anal floodgate of hatred that you're all trying to pass off as a community. Next time someone directs nothing but pure hate as you, don't further it by just shoving it back at them.

Before I go, I'd like to address one last thing.

It's not the fact that we argue that's the main problem. Like sabb said, don't expect miracles. However, it's the fact that you're all willing to accept mistakes without putting the slightest bit of effort into fixing it that's the problem.
If I buy an old car, and a couple things need replacing, I won't say "Yeah, this shit's gonna break down in a couple months without repairs, but nothing is perfect." I'll FIX it, because that's the sensible thing to do.

Sabbath...

I have nothing to say to you anymore.

Or any of you.

I'll put time into this place again when you can act like civilized human beings.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:57 AM »
When I was visiting my Italian family, my dad told me that him and his dad got into an argument.

His dad asked if he and my mom argued, and my dad obviously said no. My parents have an extremely healthy relationship, have done a decent job of raising me so far, and never argue.

However, my 80-year-old fascist grandfather wouldn't have it.

He insisted that a marriage is only healthy if the couple argues.

He is the biggest asshole on the face of the earth.

I attempted to converse with him in broken Italian for about 10 minutes, and he wouldn't reply to me on account of the fact that he kept correcting me on my grammar and asserting that English was a much "simpler" language than Latin-European languages.

He and my grandmother both sleep in different rooms, because they both can't stand eachother.

The point of me saying all this was that if you think arguing is a good thing or even NOT a bad thing, you're a goddamn imbecile and need to open your eyes. Nothing good will ever come out of a bunch of idiots who don't know how to agree on even the tiniest thing. It's unbearable.

Even now, you assholes are actually managing to argue over whether or not arguing is a good thing or not. Not just that, you aren't even good at arguing. You just keep asserting your opinion as fact, and then putting a quote next to it to make yourself seem a little less wrong.

THIS is why the community is falling apart, because all of you can't stand the idea of conceding any ground in conversation and insist on always being right. I don't even know how any of you have friends, and I sure hope to god that none of you act like this in public.

The pitiful part of it all is that right now, I can just about predict that someone is going to flame the shit out of me for this. It's sad.

By the way:

First you say that foofoo is an example of why the community is falling apart, in the same paragraph when you literally tell him to leave the community.

If you're going to bother replying to this, although I don't see what that will accomplish, take into account the fact that in all likelihood what you say will only be more hate. Take a look at yourself.

Foofoo, you didn't need to reply.

It's fairly obvious that none of you need to be validated by anyone, much less members of the forum. Just by replying with more useless shit, you're contributing to this giant swirling anal floodgate of hatred that you're all trying to pass off as a community. Next time someone directs nothing but pure hate as you, don't further it by just shoving it back at them.

Before I go, I'd like to address one last thing.

It's not the fact that we argue that's the main problem. Like sabb said, don't expect miracles. However, it's the fact that you're all willing to accept mistakes without putting the slightest bit of effort into fixing it that's the problem.
If I buy an old car, and a couple things need replacing, I won't say "Yeah, this shit's gonna break down in a couple months without repairs, but nothing is perfect." I'll FIX it, because that's the sensible thing to do.

Sabbath...

I have nothing to say to you anymore.

Or any of you.

I'll put time into this place again when you can act like civilized human beings.
I tl;dr'd and only read that last bit.
>gamefreak
>not putting time into RND until everyone can act like civilized human beings
>gamefreak

I don't really want to spend all my time reading this stupid shit, but this thread, talking about the community falling apart supposedly, turned into everyone accusing everyone else of all the problems in the community. Totally don't see anything wrong here.

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »
I tl;dr'd and only read that last bit.
>gamefreak
>not putting time into RND until everyone can act like civilized human beings
>gamefreak

I don't really want to spend all my time reading this stupid shit, but this thread, talking about the community falling apart supposedly, turned into everyone accusing everyone else of all the problems in the community. Totally don't see anything wrong here.

Didn't you just accuse Foofoo of causing problems?

I really can't express how stupid that is. The part of "every post of yours has only been an attempt to insult me in some way" was an exaggeration . . . half of the shit that you do, is a blunt insult to me and easily starts an argument, pretty much every post of yours DOES start an argument... And again, I don't purposely start arguments over stupid shit, if I start an argument over something, it's for a reason, not just to piss people off or something. . . . you simply hate my guts or some shit, and won't talk to me unless it's trying to insult me somehow... You're the one who made a LOT of arguing over me -1'ing your app, making an idiot of yourself bringing the discussion to threads that had nothing to do with it. So seriously, get over yourself.

Yes, you did.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2011, 11:03:50 AM »
Didn't you just accuse Foofoo of causing problems?

Yes, you did.
Yes, I did accuse him of causing problems, for me, not for the community. I also didn't say I DIDN'T accuse anyone of anything... Though, I didn't accuse FooFoo of making the problems in the community, only that he contributes to it while accusing me of doing that same.
I also think the community is great as it always has been really. The people in the community that are actually involved outside of the forums, we still talk a lot, have great times together, everything as we always have, but there are those on the forums who aren't really involved anymore outside of the forums, and those people seem to act like they still know everything and everyone, and seem quite "moody" now. I'm not saying that no one is allowed to only be active on the forums that's fine, that's a way to keep in contact with everyone still in RND, but that's, in my opinion, the cause of people seeing the community as falling apart. I don't necessarily think it is.
inb4"LOLYOURACUSINGPEOPLEOFCAUSINGPROBLEMSHYPOCRITE" which all I can reply to at this point is "derp"

Offline ursus

View More Badges!

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
Yes, I did accuse him of causing problems, for me, not for the community. I also didn't say I DIDN'T accuse anyone of anything... Though, I didn't accuse FooFoo of making the problems in the community, only that he contributes to it while accusing me of doing that same.
I also think the community is great as it always has been really. The people in the community that are actually involved outside of the forums, we still talk a lot, have great times together, everything as we always have, but there are those on the forums who aren't really involved anymore outside of the forums, and those people seem to act like they still know everything and everyone, and seem quite "moody" now. I'm not saying that no one is allowed to only be active on the forums that's fine, that's a way to keep in contact with everyone still in RND, but that's, in my opinion, the cause of people seeing the community as falling apart. I don't necessarily think it is.
inb4"LOLYOURACUSINGPEOPLEOFCAUSINGPROBLEMSHYPOCRITE" which all I can reply to at this point is "derp"

If you're saying I'm not active outside the forums, I still play L4D2 with the regular people, but that's just me being busy with school. I was sort of gone for a long time, if you recall.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2011, 11:29:53 AM »
If you're saying I'm not active outside the forums, I still play L4D2 with the regular people, but that's just me being busy with school. I was sort of gone for a long time, if you recall.
I wasn't saying that all directed to you.