Author Topic: need a translator for this video ._.  (Read 67 times)

Offline Doctor Who

• Slippery midget
  • Starcraft 2
  • Respect: +170
need a translator for this video ._.
« on: October 08, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
So my friend's birthday is coming up and i want to make something cool for my best friend..

Pikachu Origami 3D Tutorial

Thanks Crypto for this banner <3

I WAS TELEPORTING EVERYWHERE
TOTALL BS
i was at 2.5k ping
gggg
LOL -Alex

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Re: need a translator for this video ._.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »
+1
Ah cool. 3D origami takes a hell of a long time man. If you're making the individual triangles (can't remember their actual name) all piece by piece. But anyways, you really shouldn't need it all translated. I'm not sure how much you've done of 3D origami, if any at all, but the actual assembly of that particular project is really simple. If you don't know how to make the individual triangles, I can help you with that, but for the assembly of the whole model, just watch the video closely. Pay attention to how many triangles are put on to start with, then from there it's up to you really. If you want to make the model really rounded, then have the number of triangles per row gradually larger, then smaller when it comes to the start of the head, and again for the actual head. It seems that the very bottom of it only has maybe one or two triangles less than the rest of the body, and the head has probably from 2 to 4 triangles more than the body. Just mess around and see what you think will look good. To make the actual seperation from the head and body is really easy, you just turn the triangle around, put it on backwards, put one row of triangles that way, then flip the triangles again and do it normally. The joint usually isn't too strong though, but there's nothing you can do about that other than maybe gluing it a tiny bit. Also, when you put on the red on the cheeks, if you want to be really precise (it shouldn't be necessary) then you can just count the yellow triangles between the red ones on the video.
If you need any more help aside from translating, I'll be willing to help.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Doctor Who

• Slippery midget
  • Starcraft 2
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
Ah cool. 3D origami takes a hell of a long time man. If you're making the individual triangles (can't remember their actual name) all piece by piece. But anyways, you really shouldn't need it all translated. I'm not sure how much you've done of 3D origami, if any at all, but the actual assembly of that particular project is really simple. If you don't know how to make the individual triangles, I can help you with that, but for the assembly of the whole model, just watch the video closely. Pay attention to how many triangles are put on to start with, then from there it's up to you really. If you want to make the model really rounded, then have the number of triangles per row gradually larger, then smaller when it comes to the start of the head, and again for the actual head. It seems that the very bottom of it only has maybe one or two triangles less than the rest of the body, and the head has probably from 2 to 4 triangles more than the body. Just mess around and see what you think will look good. To make the actual seperation from the head and body is really easy, you just turn the triangle around, put it on backwards, put one row of triangles that way, then flip the triangles again and do it normally. The joint usually isn't too strong though, but there's nothing you can do about that other than maybe gluing it a tiny bit. Also, when you put on the red on the cheeks, if you want to be really precise (it shouldn't be necessary) then you can just count the yellow triangles between the red ones on the video.
If you need any more help aside from translating, I'll be willing to help.

Thank, does it say how many pieces i need?

TOTALL BS
i was at 2.5k ping
gggg
LOL -Alex

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 09:12:37 PM »
Thank, does it say how many pieces i need?
I don't see anywhere that says the total, but I would imagine around 600 pieces.
643 pieces total. All of which are yellow except for 8 black ones.
Also, while I was just trying to get a little more precise information for you, I noticed something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Doctor Who

• Slippery midget
  • Starcraft 2
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
I don't see anywhere that says the total, but I would imagine around 600 pieces.
643 pieces total. All of which are yellow except for 8 black ones.
Also, while I was just trying to get a little more precise information for you, I noticed something.
Thank's for getting the information for me :3

TOTALL BS
i was at 2.5k ping
gggg
LOL -Alex