Author Topic: FUCKING BUFFER OVERFLOW  (Read 86 times)

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
FUCKING BUFFER OVERFLOW
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »
WTF!!! Everytime i join ZS and im doing so good i get Buffer Overflow and its seriously just pissing me off, also their has been a large amount of lag in ZS everytime it gets to 25 and up People..... I just want to know how to prevent this fucking Buffer Overflow... or if its just the server cant handle 25 people..

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Re: FUCKING BUFFER OVERFLOW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
It's not the server.

Buffer overflow is usually caused when a lot of entities or events are on the map.

It has nothing to do with how good the server box is, or how good your computer is. It's just a limitation caused by the source engine.

Only thing I can recommend is muting everyone in-game when it's full, reducing the amount of information you're receiving.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
  • Respect: +338
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:44:24 PM »
ok thanks, i noticed that....Every time i just turn my sound off it goes a bit better... but then i feel like im the only on that keeps getting them constantly.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 02:02:42 PM »
It's not the server.

Buffer overflow is usually caused when a lot of entities or events are on the map.

It has nothing to do with how good the server box is, or how good your computer is. It's just a limitation caused by the source engine.

Only thing I can recommend is muting everyone in-game when it's full, reducing the amount of information you're receiving.

Well, I remember Noxious having a way of preventing buffer overflows.

What they did was create a very basic looking spawning point that is walled off so less of the map's materials and shit had to be rendered at once upon joining the game. I dont know if this works, but, thats what nox did

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »
Well, I remember Noxious having a way of preventing buffer overflows.

What they did was create a very basic looking spawning point that is walled off so less of the map's materials and shit had to be rendered at once upon joining the game. I dont know if this works, but, thats what nox did

AKA an RSO bunker.

Lotsa spacebuild maps have them too.

All it is, is just a sealed room, with no leaks, which acts as if it's completely separate from the rest of the map.

With no enitities or events to render, players would be able to connect to the server just fine, although the teleport could still cause a RSO/BO.

Regardless, he's talking about games like ZS, not wirebuild.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!