Author Topic: Is Mafia 2 any good?  (Read 136 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
Re: Is Mafia 2 any good?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 11:24:48 PM »
Still, they could have toned it down a bit.

Going on a Chinese killing spree is kinda offensive. Especially if you are Chinese.

Look, there's a simple analogy. Watch just about any popular film from the era Mafia II is depicting: All of them are so racially insensitive, it's almost funny. But I've never heard any critic bashing those; in fact there's a lot of praise hailed from many a movie with abundant racism, pilgrim.

Sure, you can work your way around it and pretend it wasn't prominent back there, but that's sort of cheating yourself.

I wonder why this game gets so much backlash on ridiculous things like that. Same with the Italian stereotypes. Who did they talk to? I have an Italian heritage and I can tell you that no Italian person gives a smallish care about how mobsters are depicted, as it doesn't adhere with them, nor do they hold any affiliation with them. If anyone is going to be offended by a mobster stereotype, it'll be a mobster.

Things were just that bad for the minorities back then, and the game does a great job of depicting it.
If you were offended, why put yourself in a position to keep playing? You could have easily just stopped playing during one of the earlier missions when you were ordered to steal a car from a "moolie" neighborhood.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
Re: Is Mafia 2 any good?
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 12:01:13 AM »
all you guys can go drown in freezing water for all I care, anyway. i think I'll add it to my christmas list.

I'm not a graphics fag but, damn they look nice. The sky and water look amazing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:03:05 AM by Supertoaster »