Author Topic: TTT Team chat  (Read 215 times)

Offline Azi

• Respect: +5
TTT Team chat
« on: September 14, 2011, 08:25:47 AM »
The TTT team chat (Not voice chat) seems to be broken for a few days already. Fix plox. (Try it yourself, if you didn't notice, too lazy to get screens)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
Re: TTT Team chat
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:38 AM »
The TTT team chat (Not voice chat) seems to be broken for a few days already. Fix plox. (Try it yourself, if you didn't notice, too lazy to get screens)
I dunno why, but just typing "!servers" [no quotes] isn't working anymore.

Also, I know there is the issue of ghosting, but it would be cool if there was some means of global chat in case we have mass teamkillers, RDMers, and need to shout out to see if a VIP or admin is around/able to come in to help, since what ***I*** sometimes see is that the RDMing in mass, team killing, etc happens, people are dying, unable to call out on global for VIP or admin, and it goes on for a while - and the guy leaves, then comes back later to troll - and a lot of people who talk about writing reports never end up doing it... once in a while, since the person in question left before being able to get some evidence - like the steam ID, or recording actions, etc.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Azi

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:00:17 AM »

-longassquote-

That's what the /gl is for. It's global chat which goes to all the servers.
Also you can record yourself. Just write "record name" into console to make a .dem which you can add to the report. Not much of a FPS loss and there is sound too.  I forgot how to get the steam ID by console, though. You can see it when the player leaves. (Pro tip: Screenshot time) I guess you knew that, but oh well, I am in a good mood to be helpful. I was feeling like writing something so there you are. :P

Team chat disccusion nao plox

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »

Also, I know there is the issue of ghosting, but it would be cool if there was some means of global chat in case we have mass teamkillers, RDMers, and need to shout out to see if a VIP or admin is around/able to come in to help, since what ***I*** sometimes see is that the RDMing in mass, team killing, etc happens, people are dying, unable to call out on global for VIP or admin, and it goes on for a while - and the guy leaves, then comes back later to troll - and a lot of people who talk about writing reports never end up doing it... once in a while, since the person in question left before being able to get some evidence - like the steam ID, or recording actions, etc.

Yes, I'm not quite sure why, but team chat is broken, traitor chat is broken, along with other things I can't quite remember because i'm just waking up.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »
That's what the /gl is for. It's global chat which goes to all the servers.

*facepalm*

To get a list of the servers, type !servers in chat - used to work, not working for me it seems.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Azi

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »

Also, I know there is the issue of ghosting, but it would be cool if there was some means of global chat in case we have mass teamkillers, RDMers, and need to shout out to see if a VIP or admin is around/able to come in to help

Check what I just quoted. That's what I was reffering to mate. No facepalming at me.

Actually try !motd (Or the F1 menu)

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
+1
. No facepalming at me.

Well, you did mix together two thoughts I brought up - the issue with server listing, and the issue of global chatting.  :trollface:

!motd I will try - actually having completed my class work, if not, I dunno, the system is fucked?

EDIT: nope, didn't work

SERIOUSLY need to fix txtchat issues.  I am playing TTT right now, waiting between rounds - I killed someone, and their txtchat message appeared after they died/went into spectator mode, "Terminal Cancer is a Traitor" - which got me killed - not as the player's last words, not as spectator/dead chat, but as full blown alive inno/D/Traitor txt chat..  I'm not accusing him of intentional ghosting - or ghosting at all, I'm saying it is clear that since we know something is going fooky with chat, this should urge you guys to get it fixed faster.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:24:43 PM by Travelsonic »

Offline aerobro

• Respect: +120
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »
Get a mic and shift solves all problems

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »
Well, you did mix together two thoughts I brought up - the issue with server listing, and the issue of global chatting.  :trollface:

!motd I will try - actually having completed my class work, if not, I dunno, the system is fucked?

EDIT: nope, didn't work

SERIOUSLY need to fix txtchat issues.  I am playing TTT right now, waiting between rounds - I killed someone, and their txtchat message appeared after they died/went into spectator mode, "Terminal Cancer is a Traitor" - which got me killed - not as the player's last words, not as spectator/dead chat, but as full blown alive inno/D/Traitor txt chat..  I'm not accusing him of intentional ghosting - or ghosting at all, I'm saying it is clear that since we know something is going fooky with chat, this should urge you guys to get it fixed faster.

There is a way that people can talk when dead to the living. If you are alive and you see yellow names, that person is abusing the glitch.

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
  • Respect: +2711
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 04:04:10 PM »
after the map changes, see if there is any change to the problem
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
There is a way that people can talk when dead to the living. If you are alive and you see yellow names, that person is abusing the glitch.

Thats the weird thing, the name was green too.

Didn't try it yet - TTT was on a map I am too lazy to manually download, so I played ZS for a while.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:54:54 PM by Travelsonic »

Offline A4F| Ghost

• Respect: +17
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 02:11:39 AM »
yeah it was broken the last time i played on the ttt server
My t buddy was like ill go rambo and you get the rest and everyone read it  :D

Offline Azi

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 05:08:31 AM »
after the map changes, see if there is any change to the problem

It's supposedly working. (Wasn't lucky enough to get T) Thread can be locked nao.

Offline A4F| Ghost

• Respect: +17
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 05:44:07 AM »
actually it is working and the det chat too tested both out

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 09:31:06 AM »
Finally... hopefully.