Author Topic: TTT: A Suggestion regarding Explosives, Karma, Teamkilling  (Read 65 times)

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
TTT: A Suggestion regarding Explosives, Karma, Teamkilling
« on: August 27, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »
I had an idea for handling damage from explosives, how karma is factored in, and the issue of whether teamkilling, or player stupidity [walking into fire knowingly, etc] was involved.

I thought of this after one game in TTT.  It was in bank_v3.  I c4'd both corridors in the basement that lead directly to the vault.  I heard the explosions, being away from the immediate area, and when I held down tab to see who died, or possibly died, from the explosion, I saw I took out a couple of Innocents, a Detective, and both team mates.   I fucked my karma too.  It ***looked like*** at the moment that one had walked into the flames in a panic and ended up dying, as opposed to being next to/immediately near it as it went off.

Then I thought about circumstances in which people walk into fire after the entities have already been around for > a second.

Why not do some sort of check routine, if the flame entities have been around for more than a couple of seconds, then if the person who walks into it is of the same team / class as the person who set the device that spawned these flame entities does not lose karma [OR lose LESS karma].  If however, the entity has just spawned, or been around for LESS than a few seconds, the person who set the explosive loses karma.

The idea, if that isn't clear, is to make it so you still lose karma if you set an explosive off and your team mates are in the way [including team killing], but if they walk into it intentionally, or accidentally, it is distinguished from an intentional attempt at team killing.

Ok, I realize that probably didn't make a lick of sense, the implementation of the idea, but I think some means of distinguishing between intentional team killing vs accidental work [or team mate stupidity] would be beneficial so far as still punishing teamkillers, but players not having to worry about completely fucking up their karma for complete accidents...

[My gut tells me this will not make sense to many, and this will cause a massive flame war.  Fuck me.]
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface: