Author Topic: Teeny  (Read 346 times)

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
Re: Teeny
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 02:52:50 AM »
Well, just for the sake of argument, lets imagine a scenario where regular was applied automatically after a given time. Here is my interpretation of what would happen if such a rank was set at 20 or 24 hours:

-More people would become regular

-Due to this reports might go up, but with more people able to vote, it would probably balance out (after all, regulars cant really do much anyway)

-Less people would join forums (not sure how you feel about this.)

-I know it would increase the quality of the kind of people who did come here, as they would obviously be people who are interested in the community, not just the rank of regular.

-Less users registered on the forums with zero posts, since they don't need to register to be recognized for their dedication.

And the best one probably for you

-Less reading of cookie cutter regular applications which don't really help you get to know a player at all anyway.

The implementation of such a system just to see how it works might be the limiting factor here, since I have no idea what kind of work it would take, though I've seen it implemented elsewhere with much success. It all looks up from this point of view. How do you think this would compare to the current system?

Offline Moo

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 02:59:41 AM »

guests can still register and put up reports, many do

i still think plenty of people will join

the problem with the kind people who try to join is the dipshits who troll their posts and run them out

registered users with 0 posts were cleaned up recently

i dont mind reading apps, it lets me know bout the player and who im actually gonna promote, also the users that post let me know if i can believe it

i think the current system is fine

(regular) users create applications, other users read over, put their +-1 and their opinion letting admins know if they have the chance to be promoted or not
(vip) it runs on a 2/3 vote and now vips vote actually counts, so chances for more vip, so the voting part is crucial because it shows everyones opinion

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 03:05:46 AM »
I am sort of curious to see what other members of rNd think about my suggestion, perhaps i can convince them, but by no means did I intend to hijack the thread, so I might make a separate thread suggesting this tomorrow.

Anyway, back to the typical rNd discussion.

"shit was better back then."

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »
Moo does have a good point about the regular promotion system. But as always, there is another concern, inactive VIPs, and what do you do, when they want there VIP back?
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
@Sanders, I know of ALOT of people who play on RND a whole lot more than I do who have repeatedly proven that they do not deserve the privilege of regular.
The application system seemed stupid to me when I first joined but now I understand why it exists.
It separates those who actually want to be a part of the community from those who come in and troll for days at a time

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 01:22:43 PM »
@Sanders, I know of ALOT of people who play on RND a whole lot more than I do who have repeatedly proven that they do not deserve the privilege of regular.
The application system seemed stupid to me when I first joined but now I understand why it exists.
It separates those who actually want to be a part of the community from those who come in and troll for days at a time

"The 'privilege' of regular. What the hell they going to do with it anyway? Vote no when asked to ban mingey player? The main sticking point I've always had on this was the adv_dupe. AFAIK random is the only server which requires you post a substantial introduction before even being allowed to vote on things in the server or save things you build in wire. What the fucks the point of build if you cant save or load something you have been working on.

The things I get back after asking this question are "because people have proven they cant be trusted with either thing." Right, because its not like those things are allowed for guests on 99% of servers. Why does only rNd have such a minging problem that they have to neuter build and remove game play democracy?

And the worst part? The worst part is it fosters a sense of elitism from higher ranked people. Nobody wants their precious rank to become ten times easier to obtain, so they defend the broken system. Abuse reports are still prevalent even though you have to jump through inumerable hoops to get the ranks that are 'abused', and people who deserve ranks have to do 10 times more to get them because a few people might find way to abuse the privileges. News fucking flash -- any privilege can be abused by anyone by just an impulse. And it happens all of the time. It is going to happen, and that's where administrators come in -- to make sure a player follows the rules.

If moo or someone like him comes in to respond to just one thing in the post like they always do, let this be it: Why does rnd have such a problem with people following the rules that we have to go to such lengths to ensure that they can be trusted?

No matter the case, you don't piss off moo and you are to listen to everything moo says, even if he asked you to get naked.

This post was right after mine. Another sticking point... It seems the closer you are to the core of rNd (like being in the inner circle of the locked channel of teamspeak), the more you can act with impunity. Is this true?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:29:05 PM by Sanders »

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
THIS IS REALLY SRS BSNS GUYS.
NO FUN IN THIS THREAD, NOPE.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
THIS IS REALLY SRS BSNS GUYS.
NO FUN IN THIS THREAD, NOPE.

you didn't know?

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »
"The 'privilege' of regular. What the hell they going to do with it anyway? Vote no when asked to ban mingey player? The main sticking point I've always had on this was the adv_dupe. AFAIK random is the only server which requires you post a substantial introduction before even being allowed to vote on things in the server or save things you build in wire. What the fucks the point of build if you cant save or load something you have been working on.

The things I get back after asking this question are "because people have proven they cant be trusted with either thing." Right, because its not like those things are allowed for guests on 99% of servers. Why does only rNd have such a minging problem that they have to neuter build and remove game play democracy?

And the worst part? The worst part is it fosters a sense of elitism from higher ranked people. Nobody wants their precious rank to become ten times easier to obtain, so they defend the broken system. Abuse reports are still prevalent even though you have to jump through inumerable hoops to get the ranks that are 'abused', and people who deserve ranks have to do 10 times more to get them because a few people might find way to abuse the privileges. News fucking flash -- any privilege can be abused by anyone by just an impulse. And it happens all of the time. It is going to happen, and that's where administrators come in -- to make sure a player follows the rules.

If moo or someone like him comes in to respond to just one thing in the post like they always do, let this be it: Why does rnd have such a problem with people following the rules that we have to go to such lengths to ensure that they can be trusted?

This post was right after mine. Another sticking point... It seems the closer you are to the core of rNd (like being in the inner circle of the locked channel of teamspeak), the more you can act with impunity. Is this true?

Regulars: like guests, but with a bluer tag

VIP: Like regulars, but the admins all like them

Admin: Like VIPs, but they can act on their own without anyone questioning them

People in the JIJIJAPI! UH HUH! channel:

Everything they say and do is infallible.

We will not tolerate dissent.

You must submit to your masters or face swift execution.

They drink the blood of virgins to stay young. When they were born, there was a likeness of Dr. Robotnik in the clouds.

Also, Minic and Ruben are the sun and the moon.