Author Topic: Working on WS Map -- What Would You Like to See?  (Read 366 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Working on WS Map -- What Would You Like to See?
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »
So, I'm working on a new WS map hopefully that will be uploaded to the server when finished, but I was just wondering. What would you like to see in a WS map? What do you enjoy playing on?
This will just help me to alter the map to other player's preferences so that everyone can enjoy it more. At the moment, it's just a plain simple map, much like the WS maps on the server at the moment, but few secrets and other such things are being added to improve the quality of the map. (while keeping in mind how the game mode works and making it fair at the same time, of course)

So, nid discuss:
What would you like to see in a new WS map?

I may make a poll later on to better see people's preferences.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
Re: Working on WS Map -- What Would You Like to See?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »
I'd like to see things such as abandoned huts and whatnot. Like ancient abandoned villages. I wanted to make a map with these, but I became lazy and most of the time I'm at my camping due to my bathroom renovations.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Ἆxule

• Respect: +579
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
Caves would be cool I think.
idk if it would intterupt game play or make it unfair, but add enough, I think it'll be alright.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 05:04:01 PM »
Caves would be cool I think.
idk if it would intterupt game play or make it unfair, but add enough, I think it'll be alright.
That's actually currently one of the secrets in the map lol.
I'm not going to add many though, because players can easily lock themselves in and not die.
For the cave I have atm there's a way to "flush" them out though.

I'd like to see things such as abandoned huts and whatnot. Like ancient abandoned villages. I wanted to make a map with these, but I became lazy and most of the time I'm at my camping due to my bathroom renovations.

That's a good idea.
I think what I will probably do is make a lot of abandoned huts or something in a section of the map. I'll include a lot of holes and such in the model to make sure that they can't just close themselves in though.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:12:51 PM by Sabb »

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »
Both quotes are the same btw.
An idea to flush them out would be to keep something out from the caves and a good distance from it, that way they can't camp inside there.
If they want to advance in their inventions, they'll have to leave.

But there will need to be something else that would flush them out completly. Like a timed thing...

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:13:32 PM »
Both quotes are the same btw.
An idea to flush them out would be to keep something out from the caves and a good distance from it, that way they can't camp inside there.
If they want to advance in their inventions, they'll have to leave.

But there will need to be something else that would flush them out completly. Like a timed thing...
Nupe.
I already have something in mind that will work well.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »
+1
Put lava in the caves.

Press button, lava rises.

???

profit

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 05:25:20 PM »
Put lava in the caves.

Press button, lava rises.

???

profit
Well fuck you, now I might as well just say it lol.

There's nothing but a well in the cave, which I plan to have a bucket which can be brought up with water in it. Hidden near the cave outside is going to be a button or lever somewhere, which will flood the cave via the well, and if anyone has tried to close themselves inside the cave they will drown. If they're just hanging around in there with no fence blocking the entrance, they will be able to move out before the water raises all the way. (the water will lower eventually)
I'm not sure where I'm going to be putting the lever yet though... I have to find somewhere to put it where it can be blocked off by players. Probably just going to have to put it up a little bit higher on a cliff or wall or something.

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »
Well fuck you, now I might as well just say it lol.

There's nothing but a well in the cave, which I plan to have a bucket which can be brought up with water in it. Hidden near the cave outside is going to be a button or lever somewhere, which will flood the cave via the well, and if anyone has tried to close themselves inside the cave they will drown. If they're just hanging around in there with no fence blocking the entrance, they will be able to move out before the water raises all the way. (the water will lower eventually)
I'm not sure where I'm going to be putting the lever yet though... I have to find somewhere to put it where it can be blocked off by players. Probably just going to have to put it up a little bit higher on a cliff or wall or something.

I just had an idea.

Make Aztec themed map with caves and pyramids which lead into all sorts of places?

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
I just had an idea.

Make Aztec themed map with caves and pyramids which lead into all sorts of places?
Lol, I don't think that's really something for WS.

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 06:57:09 PM »
Lol, I don't think that's really something for WS.

Rename WS to AS

But seriously, I'd like to see some tunnels, and stuff like that too to get around the map, with a certain amount of risk to them too.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
Rename WS to AS

But seriously, I'd like to see some tunnels, and stuff like that too to get around the map, with a certain amount of risk to them too.
Mmm... that could be difficult.
There's just too many risks in doing things like that.

Offline [Valor]iPounce

• My Waifu
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserLeague PlayerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Fun things are Fun
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 10:53:55 PM »
Ws_woods

"ς๏๏lzєl๔ค๔": WE RACIST
"KHMarie12": Fapping
"KHMarie12": lolwat; coolzeldad: iPounce stop making me think that I'm being ddos'd
[10:28] LazerBlade1: give me the thing

Offline Goat

• Windows UserDog LoverLeague Player
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +178
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
i am also making a WS map, its a huge WIP, from what people in the server tell me they want nice flat maps with plenty of resources, your own secret of course can be w/e on my map i have a moutain with a visible ladder that leads up to it, the moutain has a small pool of water and everything you need to survive

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »
i am also making a WS map, its a huge WIP, from what people in the server tell me they want nice flat maps with plenty of resources, your own secret of course can be w/e on my map i have a moutain with a visible ladder that leads up to it, the moutain has a small pool of water and everything you need to survive

Flatlands are nice and all, but there is one side affect I see.
The fact that it's mainly flat means that people with the bow/crossbow can shoot from anywhere from whatever distance.
my opinion atleast