Author Topic: Application: Sabb  (Read 1201 times)

Offline SMasters

• That's a paddlin
  • 2009 Snowball Competition Winner
    View More Badges!

• *jeopardy music*
Application: Sabb
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
Name: lelnop
Time Zone: GMT +5 (Eastern ST.)

Steam Account: warriorprop (don't ask :L)
Current Steam Nickname: Sabb

Currently Active Player on:
 Winter Survival, Trouble in Terrorist Town (though not as much recently) and... hopefully soon to be Stranded (rotation) :L.
I'm usually online a few hours a day on average. (always on Steam if my computers on, though not always there)
I joined RND sometime in late /08 I believe... and joined the forums sometime in /09. (first joined RND through Flood, where most oldfags were found)

Why I Want Admin:
I want admin because the servers can sometimes be hard to manage as a VIP even with votekick and voteban, with also occationally having to deal with outruly Regular members and what not. Wintersurvival is also very glitchy, and some maps do not physically work (which I'm sure can be fixed) and requires an admin's help. Sometimes applications also take some time to be locked and approved or denied, though not as much recently, but I would also like to help with managing that.

Why I Think I Should be Admin:
I'm a great problem solver and a generally nice and helpful person. When it comes to problems on the servers I'd say I handle them fairly well, I rarely kick and only have a few bans on my hands through the years I have been here. I never have kicked or banned any one person based off another's word, and I always do a good job to get the full story before making any actions. Though I've had some problems in the past, (extremely long time ago, I'm sure most of you remember...) I'm a good player in all servers, and don't break rules despite who is looking. I also often join the servers when I hear there's any problems, and deal with the situation best I can, whether it be no acton, votekicking, votebanning, or reporting the player.

Situations as VIP (keeping it short ans sweet, just to give a basic idea of how I manage situations):

Hacker: Spectate carefully, try and make a good decision by not acting too soon, once I'm convinced the person/people are hacking, I get as much proof as possible, usually a demo, and voteban. I then report it on the forums.
Glitcher: Make sure the person understand what they are doing is not allowed (warning). Once I have asked them several times to stop, the player is votekicked. If they return and repeat their actions, depending on the glitch or exploit, I will either votekick, or voteban in a worse situation.
Mic Spamming: Ask the person to stop, let them know they will be kicked if they continue. After a short while and some warnings, the player is kicked. (ONLY APPLIES TO INTENTIONAL EAR-RAPE, INTENTIONALLY DISRUPTING THE GAMEPLAY)
RDMing: Same as every other situation, let them know it's not allowed, explain the rules if they didn't know, if they persist they will be votekicked.

A Little More About Me:
As most of you know, I'm a very crafty/artistic person. I have almost too many hobbies to list. Currently, I'm mostly doing book binding, which I've posted some of, and photography. Other hobbies of mine include carving and relief carving, drawing, etching, wood burning (pyrography), calligraphy, and a shitload more I can't think of off the top of my head. I've posted quite a bit of my different hobbies, but I actually have a lot more pieces that i've made, and am just too lazy to take images of all of them or post them D:. Since it's summer though, I have plenty of time to do all of that, so we'll see. I do plan to post some photography material, since I haven't posted much of that.

Steam Games I Use Regularly (not many, I know):
Gmod
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2

Methods to Contact Me:
Steam: warriorprop        (^^same thing^^)
XBL: Fkit, I know I have it but I haven't played in for ever and forget my tag LOL. I think SabbathFreak911, idk.
Gmail: I would post it, but ATM I've lost the Gmail account I used, and are trying to get it back so I don't know if I'll be making a new one or trying to help shit a million times.
Active Friends in RND: Fuck that, too many to list. Practically every active forumfag. If you wish to add me on Steam just send me a friend request, if I don't accept it in a while just send me a message on Steam or a PM on the forums because I have too many invites and never look at them or remove them jsut in case :L.

So, that concludes my application. Feel free to post your opinions on me :L.
:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:55:16 PM by Sabb »

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
Re: Application: Sabb
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
I have gone to sabb many times for help, before and still, as a VIP. One of my older friends in RND, I trust him greatly.
He has been very helpful in the past, and I'm sure he will continue to be reliable and helpful. 
I am confidant that he is a great candidate for admin, and I am sure that he make a great admin.

and dat hair.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
Well here we go. To start, Sabb is one of my best friends in rNd. I remember meeting him in flood when I was a wee little newfag and  he pretty much tought me how to play. We were friends ever since and I don't plan to change that. He's honestly a very level-headed person and is extremely trustworthy. He is really fun to play with and he jokes around and it's hilarious, but then again he knows when to be serious which is very important. He's never abused his VIP except that one incident a lot of us VIPs did, including me, and I believe he's learned from it along with the rest of us. Sabb always treats players fairly and tries to help them out whenever he can. I completely see Sabb as the kind of admin that wouldn't dissapoint anyone as he is very responsible when it comes to power and he's really helpful and fun to play with in-game. I've also noticed Sabb is a great problem solver and usually stays neutral while trying to fix the problem at the same time. He's also active on the forums so he'd make a good Global Moderator as well. He really is one of the very few people I'd like to see admin currently and he definitely deserves it!

Basically, Sabb's well balenced in all good aspects and admin really couldn't hurt.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »
I also forgot to mention in my app... I have over 2000 hours on Gmod, so I don't think inactivity should be a problem with me :L. (I only play RND servers on Gmod, as I'm sure mostly everyone knows)

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline coolzeldad

• OwnerDonatorOld Forum MemberrNd DeveloperLinux UserWindows UserDog LoverLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• I eat ddos for breakfast OMNOMONOM
    • .:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »
I also forgot to mention in my app... I have over 2000 hours on Gmod, so I don't think inactivity should be a problem with me :L. (I only play RND servers on Gmod, as I'm sure mostly everyone knows)
Admin Status:
- Communication Skills: Proficient
- Likability: Proficient
- Work Ethic: Dependable
- Hour Completion: 20%

Well looks like you have a little bit to go! See you in a couple months

jk :3
 ▲
▲▲Big thanks to Marie for this awesome sprite! :3

Spoiler: Moar Imagez (click to show/hide)
pingaz
Thanks Cryptokid!

Thanks gamefreak!

-- My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/coolzeldad
-- My deviantart: http://coolzeldad.deviantart.com
-- My soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/coolzeldad
-- My ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/coolzeldapingaz
-- My twitchtv: http://www.twitch.tv/coolzeldad

-- rNd Wiki: http://wiki.randomgs.com
-- rNd Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RandomgsProductions
-- rNd Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/r_A_N_d_O_m

Spoiler: rNd Typography (click to show/hide)

Every time you download Garry's Mod illegally, Garry makes a bug.

When people ask me "Plz" because its shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because its shorter than "Yes".

derp herp lerp perp kerp serp zerp - say faiv timez fazt

Offline Peetah

• League PlayerWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »
-Nation: Canada.
PfAFPASJFSEIFJWRFRGJF ADMIN
(Reg) Nezz45: peetah are you good with the weight tool?

Offline Cable

• hi
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »
Nice,
Srs,
Fun,
Yeah
+1

-Question
Does my vote even count?
I'm not really a VIP anymore..

Offline Peetah

• League PlayerWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 08:40:45 AM »
Nice,
Srs,
Fun,
Yeah
+1

-Question
Does my vote even count?
I'm not really a VIP anymore..
Not sure, but it counts in my heard.
And sabbs.
(Reg) Nezz45: peetah are you good with the weight tool?

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 09:37:17 AM »
You're a cool guy to play with, you're a great VIP and you have strong opinions on almost everything lol.
You're definitely a great candidate for the Admin rank.

Offline Carp

• Everybody dies but not everybody lives.
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »
Sabb's the most real person in rnd, I only say this because his personality never really has changed lol. I think sabb would be really reliable, RnD really doesn't feel like it did before, but i think sabb would be a great addition as an admin.

"Even the smallest individual can shape the fortunes of all"

Offline Don

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
I think Sabb was one of the first friends in rNd of mine, and we had some great yiff fun together.

One of the funniest members of rNd and probably the best VIP right now - along with that, super active and non-raging, no matter what people do.

Most importantly, Sabb is not afraid of speaking his mind, which is something many people seem to lack unfortunately.

I am 100% sure Sabb will be an amazing admin.

Also, why are people -1ing/+1ing? As far as I know we're supposed to give our opinion, not properly vote on it. :/

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 05:13:52 AM »
Hell, it's about time. (cookies for whoever gets the reference.)

Can be a greater admin than Moo.

User was banned reason: a

nojk, but Sabb would definitely be a great admin. Awesome, funny, serious, awesome, cool, nice. Did I mention awesome?

Yeah. Awesome.

Btw.

FKING BOSS.

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
If anyone is going to be the next admin I really think it should be Sabb. He's a cool guy and I don't believe he would ever abuse. Inactivity will definitely not be an issue!  :thumbsup:

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
Well he would be great for a survival admin. I would like to see less favoritism out of him, because it sometimes affects how his attitude is toward other gamemodes or other people.
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »
I play TTT with Sabb and he is very cool and a good "preier" :)