Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

English! You were supposed to learn it in first grade!

<< < (6/10) > >>

Shawn:

--- Quote from: Lord Montague on June 12, 2011, 11:01:37 AM ---Meh This will always be a problem Sanders in every community, do you know why? because we are typing on the internet and grammar isn't the most important thing to teenagers or other people

--- End quote ---

/Thread.

Psst the irony of the "grammar" lesson you're giving then you spell "don't", "dont"

As for "i" not being capitalized it doesn't have to be, I've never seen anywhere stating you have to capitalize "i" it's just something that became personal preference among the mass' (IMHO)

NVM i was thinking of something else Lol (God I'm tired)

ursus:
Shawn, don't even attempt posting here. Your capitalization is bad enough to make an English major consider suicide.

And for fuck's sake, just because Sanders doesn't have absolutely perfect grammar doesn't mean everything he says is bullshit.

Shawn:

--- Quote from: hello my name is gamefreak on June 13, 2011, 09:08:21 AM ---Shawn, don't even attempt posting here. Your capitalization is bad enough to make an English major consider suicide.

--- End quote ---

Ya but thats because its the internet and i don't care about perfect grammar, this isn't a English class. The reason people are going on about the mistake he made is because he made a thread about grammar and fucked up on it himself.

ursus:

--- Quote from: Shawn on June 13, 2011, 09:16:41 AM ---Ya but thats because its the internet and i don't care about perfect grammar, this isn't a English class. The reason people are going on about the mistake he made is because he made a thread about grammar and fucked up on it himself.

--- End quote ---

So you're saying that if he's going to make a thread about horrible grammar, you expect complete perfection from him?

Shawn:

--- Quote from: hello my name is gamefreak on June 13, 2011, 09:18:15 AM ---So you're saying that if he's going to make a thread about horrible grammar, you expect complete perfection from him?

--- End quote ---

If someone is going to make a whole "lesson" about grammar because their tired of people doing it wrong then I expect said poster to have used proper grammar himself. Its not about perfection its about him wanting perfection from everyone else but then makes a typo like everyone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version