Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

English! You were supposed to learn it in first grade!

<< < (5/10) > >>

Bovicide:

--- Quote from: Petruchio on June 12, 2011, 01:38:06 PM ---

Your whole thread is invalid, motherfucker.

--- End quote ---

>Implying a typo unrelated to the specific grammar subject (that is, apostrophes used in conjunctions and plurals, not in contractions) of the post makes the lessons learned invalid.

Omissions of an apostrophe in contractions like don't or can't are common and acceptable in non academic settings, as there is no way to mistake the word "dont" for anything else. Shits different yo.

Frank:
>Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then

>"i"

You did the "dont" thing 3 times.

Bovicide:

--- Quote from: Petruchio on June 12, 2011, 08:53:54 PM --->Does this thing own something? Am i trying to indicate that here? Put 's then

>"i"

You did the "dont" thing 3 times.

--- End quote ---

The problem with nazifagging on that is that it does not affect the meaning at all no matter what. Sure, capitalization is important, but i am not perfect. Just like that. However, when meaning can be changed, and reading can be made more difficult, I make sure to do the grammar correct. Here is another example of grammar fucking mistakes.

Were and we're. The first is expressing a past state of being, the second indicates the speaker or a group doing something. If you put one and mean the other it takes two readings to get the correct meaning.

You nitpick at things that do not affect the reading in the least. Im pointing out things that make reading harder for an educated english speaking person.

Before you completely disregard my post and point out the "im", it is another example of something that means the same thing no matter if it has the ' or not. Reading that is no more difficult than reading "i'm".

[Valor]iPounce:
I english know k?

Sabb:

--- Quote from: Sanders on June 13, 2011, 01:13:13 AM ---The problem with nazifagging on that is that it does not affect the meaning at all no matter what. Sure, capitalization is important, but i am not perfect. Just like that. However, when meaning can be changed, and reading can be made more difficult, I make sure to do the grammar correct. Here is another example of grammar fucking mistakes.

Were and we're. The first is expressing a past state of being, the second indicates the speaker or a group doing something. If you put one and mean the other it takes two readings to get the correct meaning.

You nitpick at things that do not affect the reading in the least. Im pointing out things that make reading harder for an educated english speaking person.

Before you completely disregard my post and point out the "im", it is another example of something that means the same thing no matter if it has the ' or not. Reading that is no more difficult than reading "i'm".

--- End quote ---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version