Author Topic: NID CONFIRM (PLEASE, admins/mods read this, nid opinion and discussion faggotry)  (Read 209 times)

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Okay, first off, if you can't think anything that's going to actually contribute to the discussion other than "OH YOU STUPID THAT'S BANABLE WTF" or "nube this is belong discussion"(you know who I'm talking about) than please, find something else to occupy your time with. I want a serious thread to confirm if this is allowed or not, though I think I already know the answer.

I want to know if bridge killing in crummy cradle is allowed or not, and if I should enforce the rule and kick if people kill with the bridge.
Please, again, no sarcastic posts and such.
No pointing fingers and what not.
Just discuss whether it's allowed or not.
I'd also rather not start an argument in this thread, so please, use common sense when posting and think of how people will react to your post.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
I was just about to post this.

I have never been killed as T by that bridge, but it's still goddamn annoying. Dead people aren't supposed to be interfering in the game by using props that can kill people, making them lose traitor/detective rounds.

INB4JUSTAVOIDITDUMBASS

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

I was just about to post this.

I have never been killed as T by that bridge, but it's still goddamn annoying. Dead people aren't supposed to be interfering in the game by using props that can kill people, making them lose traitor/detective rounds.

INB4JUSTAVOIDITDUMBASS
Lmao.
I knew that was going to be the first argument.
I somewhat agree.
But, it's fucking awesome, and hilarious. Shits so amusing to just watch a bridge fly up and smack a guy across the map.

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
To be completely honest, isn't that one of the reasons Punch-O-Meter was implemented? Because I doubt it's just so you can roll around pointlessly as a cup.

Also, I don't see how you're trying to inb4 someone saying just avoid it, because that's a perfectly valid arguement in my opinion. Maybe if the map only had ground level, had no buildings you could enter, and you were constantly in reach of the bridge, would I agree with this.

Lastly, I'm not calling you, or anyone who is annoyed by this, a dumbass at all. I am saying though that it should be common sense to stay away from it if you're fully aware people do this. An example of the common sense aspect is how you obviously don't walk on the bridge, because you know it will break and you will most likely die. Thus, if you are capable of keeping from staying away from the bridge before it breaks due to common sense, the same should definitly apply for when it's on the floor and a dead person/spectator is controlling it.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

To be completely honest, isn't that one of the reasons Punch-O-Meter was implemented? Because I doubt it's just so you can roll around pointlessly as a cup.

Also, I don't see how you're trying to inb4 someone saying just avoid it, because that's a perfectly valid arguement in my opinion. Maybe if the map only had ground level, had no buildings you could enter, and you were constantly in reach of the bridge, would I agree with this.

Lastly, I'm not calling you, or anyone who is annoyed by this, a dumbass at all. I am saying though that it should be common sense to stay away from it if you're fully aware people do this. An example of the common sense aspect is how you obviously don't walk on the bridge, because you know it will break and you will most likely die. Thus, if you are capable of keeping from staying away from the bridge before it breaks due to common sense, the same should definitly apply for when it's on the floor and a dead person/spectator is controlling it.
Agreed, but there's always the argument that spectators aren't intended to kill people, but rather it's more of a physics glitch in large and heavy objects. If the system were intended to be use to kill innocents, there would be some repercussion made to prevent people just killing everyone, like the karma system.

I'm still for the idea of it as being allowed, because it's really not that big of a problem anyways, since it's really only a problem on two maps, the main one being crummy cradle, and the other being aps, which isn't much of a problem.

I just want to see how much the moderators think each factor should way, if it's too unfair because it's not intended to be in the game and is one way or another altering gameplay, or if people should just try to use common sense, learn from their mistakes, and avoid any giant spinning objects.

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
  • Respect: +978
It's very annoying for me. Today, I was last T and there was a detective and another guy. They knew I was T and was coming after me. I was about to snipe them when I noticed that the bridge started moving towards me and got me distracted. I then got out of my cover to avoid getting killed from it. But then they killed me... ;_;

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
-Off topic-
One time i had like 10 health left in TTT.
I was at the bottom of a hill,
And a ghost spectated a barrel,
And rolled down the hill at maximum overdrive.
The barrel smacked me and i died.

Basically saying, Other props can interfere in game play too.
Is that also bannable?

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

-Off topic-
One time i had like 10 health left in TTT.
I was at the bottom of a hill,
And a ghost spectated a barrel,
And rolled down the hill at maximum overdrive.
The barrel smacked me and i died.

Is that also bannable?
Who ever gets the chance to do a fucking barrel kill as a spectator deserves a metal.
I wouldn't kick for that because A) holy mother of fucking hilarious and B) it's INCREdIbLY hard to do, and mostly luck, plus it's so easy to avoid.

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
Is it possible to make objects above a certain mass unpossessable?
If so, we can solve all these arguments.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

Is it possible to make objects above a certain mass unpossessable?
If so, we can solve all these arguments.
Probably is, but the point is I would, and a lot of people would, prefer it to NOT be removed and have it allowed. (though, a lot would say the opposite)

Offline bipolardiz

• BipolarDiZ is bipolar
  • Respect: +50
I find the use of the bridge incredibly funny and should be completely allowed. I make a mental note not to go near it. My opinion.

<07:31:01> "Moo"
: im australian black 6 yr girl from texas

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
Is there any other way to break the bridge?

I know exactly what you're talking about, but if there's no button for T to break it,
then doesn't that mean it was MADE for ghosts to break it? :V

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline yoshi

• as I said, pretty nice.
  • Old Forum MemberWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +377
Is that also bannable?

That's part of the game so no no.

Offline Seb

• Respect: +783
I find the use of the bridge incredibly funny and should be completely allowed. I make a mental note not to go near it. My opinion.
Miami's Finest

Offline Alex Mason, SOG

• Je vousdrais le pizza
  • Respect: +70

I got on a 4 killsteak with it once xD
:3