.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Guides

How to record a demo file (.dem)

<< < (4/7) > >>

Hitman:

--- Quote from: Mehis on April 23, 2011, 03:40:46 AM ---I need to note that some keyboards are not 'US' keyboards, so even when you enable the console, you can't open the console. (Like mine)

That's why you use Launch Options

1. Right click the Game at the Library

2. Click Launch Options

3. Write -console

That'll automaticly open ALWAYS the console, when you run the game.

Or, you could just mess up with the configs like bind x "toggleconsole" put that to your autoexec, or any config.
This works ONLY while playing.

Also, i must say using startmovie avi (or something like that) doesn't actually make it BEST quality. Best solution is to make them to pictures, then put them together with VirtualDub. I know, it takes lot of space, but i think it has better quality.

--- End quote ---

I never said the best quality, I only said good framerate in the video after its done rendering.

» Magic «:

--- Quote from: Mehis on April 23, 2011, 03:40:46 AM ---I need to note that some keyboards are not 'US' keyboards, so even when you enable the console, you can't open the console. (Like mine)

That's why you use Launch Options

1. Right click the Game at the Library

2. Click Launch Options

3. Write -console

That'll automaticly open ALWAYS the console, when you run the game.

Or, you could just mess up with the configs like bind x "toggleconsole" put that to your autoexec, or any config.
This works ONLY while playing.

Also, i must say using startmovie avi (or something like that) doesn't actually make it BEST quality. Best solution is to make them to pictures, then put them together with VirtualDub. I know, it takes lot of space, but i think it has better quality.

--- End quote ---

For me it's `...

jimonions:
Doing what Mehis says will give you flawless framerates. There are some problems with source recorder like it doesn't show particles.

I found that when I recorded as .avi it messed up the sound sync and framerates.

Hitman:

--- Quote from: jimonions on April 23, 2011, 04:53:29 AM ---Doing what Mehis says will give you flawless framerates. There are some problems with source recorder like it doesn't show particles.

I found that when I recorded as .avi it messed up the sound sync and framerates.

--- End quote ---

So wait, does source recorder work again? Last time I used, I couldn't choose a codec and it crashes when I load a demo.

jimonions:
It does work.

you need the xvid codec, google it.
sometimes it will crash when loading a demo, just restart and it will work.
Im assuming you already know how to record .raw into .avi with virtualdub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version