Author Topic: So I recently checked bittorrents Monthly statistics  (Read 348 times)

Offline Moo

Re: So I recently checked bittorrents Monthly statistics
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 05:52:59 PM »
wats torrent

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
I don't get it, was that a joke?
What's not to get? Its not illegal here

Bill C-60

"While Bill C-60 does not alter the right to make private copies of copyrighted material, it introduces limitations on the use of these private copies. In particular, the bill would make selling, renting, trading, distributing, and communicating legally-made private copies of a copyrighted work an infringement of copyrights. This implies that if downloads via peer-to-peer are "for personal use, and not redistributed, there will be no infringement."

Or am I missing something :l

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 02:02:10 AM »

Bill C-60

"While Bill C-60 does not alter the right to make private copies of copyrighted material, it introduces limitations on the use of these private copies. In particular, the bill would make selling, renting, trading, distributing, and communicating legally-made private copies of a copyrighted work an infringement of copyrights. This implies that if downloads via peer-to-peer are "for personal use, and not redistributed, there will be no infringement."

awesome

Offline Don

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 04:28:41 AM »
wats torrent
It increases the strength of water attacks by 50% if the user has 33% or less of his HP left.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Torrent

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 04:35:25 AM »
It increases the strength of water attacks by 50% if the user has 33% or less of his HP left.

ohgodlololol

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
Total Upload: 15 gb
Total Download: 41.7 gb
Ratio: .36 ;_;

I try to seed but... I have shitty upload speeds ranging from 0 to 100 kb/s

I want to seed because I read somewhere that leeching will slow down your download speeds. Silly p2p servers C:-)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
Total Upload: 15 gb
Total Download: 41.7 gb
Ratio: .36 ;_;

I try to seed but... I have shitty upload speeds ranging from 0 to 100 kb/s

I want to seed because I read somewhere that leeching will slow down your download speeds. Silly p2p servers C:-)

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Moo

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »

ohkty

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

Bill C-60

Something tells me that, that bill is being taken out of context. I'm pretty sure it's referring to making private use copies of things you already own. (Private meaning Not Public.)

Downloading something you do not own would be classified as "Communicating"

The US has a law identical to this, its called "Fair-Use" which basically allows you to make as many copies of something you have purchased, so long as it's only you using them.

I'm quite certain that Canadian law, and U. S. law are pretty much the same in this respect.

So these Laws allow you to legally copy something, and transfer it from your Computer to your Ipod, or your phone, or your other computer. But not your best friends Ipod, as they wouldn't be Private anymore.

This isn't to say I agree with Copyright law, but going so far as to say downloading things in Canada is legal is going a bit too far.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »

Something tells me that, that bill is being taken out of context. I'm pretty sure it's referring to making private use copies of things you already own. (Private meaning Not Public.)

Downloading something you do not own would be classified as "Communicating"

The US has a law identical to this, its called "Fair-Use" which basically allows you to make as many copies of something you have purchased, so long as it's only you using them.

I'm quite certain that Canadian law, and U. S. law are pretty much the same in this respect.

So these Laws allow you to legally copy something, and transfer it from your Computer to your Ipod, or your phone, or your other computer. But not your best friends Ipod, as they wouldn't be Private anymore.

This isn't to say I agree with Copyright law, but going so far as to say downloading things in Canada is legal is going a bit too far.

2007: RCMP Tolerates Music Downloads for Personal and non-profit use

Around the same time that the CRIA successfully took Demonoid offline, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) made it clear that pursuing Demonoid’s users is not a priority for them. Demonoid came back online in April 2008, but is now hosted in Ukraine.[19]

According to the RCMP it is impossible to track down who uploads music or movies to the Internet. The police simply do not have the time nor the resources to go after filesharers.[20]

Downloading music or films for personal use, or non-profit use is no longer targeted.” Noël St-Hilaire, head of copyright theft investigations of the RCMP, said in an interview with Le Devoir.

St-Hilaire explained that they would rather focus on crimes that actually hurt consumers such as copyright violations related to medicine and electrical appliances, as well as ones that affect organized crime.

I interpret this as the RCMP allowing music and films downloaded with no intent of profit as legal