Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

Renaming VIP to Moderator?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Deathie:

--- Quote from: SabbathFreak on April 16, 2011, 12:33:04 PM ---I wouldn't mind this.
Doesn't really matter to me though.
You do mean just making the VIP tag to moderator right?

--- End quote ---

Yeah. It seems like it would help clear up the little confusion there is, as to what a VIP does.

I'm not asking to give VIP's more power, just a name-change (hence the title).

Sabb:

--- Quote from: Moo on April 16, 2011, 12:35:32 PM ---actaully VIPs are not moderators, MODERATORS are moderators

VIPS are a separate group that was created to uphold respected abilities

thats like saying with the previous system with respected... why not just rename them all to moderators.... cuz essentially thats what they are right?

--- End quote ---
I don't understand, there isn't a group with the name moderators in the servers.

Deathie:

--- Quote from: SabbathFreak on April 16, 2011, 12:40:10 PM ---I don't understand, there isn't a group with the name moderators in the servers.

--- End quote ---

I think he's trying to imply that VIP's don't have the powers Assmod's default Moderator group has.

And like I said, this was just an idea I was throwing out there, hence why it's in Senior Section and not Suggestions.

There is nothing wrong I can see with this change, and it would help newcomers identify who VIP's are.

Sabb:
Heh, doesn't really matter to me one way or another.
Some people do get confused thinking that they can donate to get VIP and such and will ask how, but it isn't a big deal, just have to keep telling them there are no donations and that everything is earned.

Moo:
the change is a fine idea, but the change to moderator is completely different

trying to define something that doesnt fit it basically

moderators not vips

moderators are admins

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version