Author Topic: Deathrun Mapping Help  (Read 89 times)

Offline Bagas

• ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Respect: +6
Deathrun Mapping Help
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:30:15 AM »
I need help with making a deathrun map
So a few questions..
The spawns are the css ones, yes?
Do I need to make some thing at then end for the runners to kill death? If so, what things?
Should i make some traps avoidable?, you know like some place where the trap doesn't affect
How do i make a block or object spawn in a specific Area when a button is pressed? (for the creeper trap).
I know notch doesn't like it when people take his minecraft textures but does anyone know where i could get more?
--------------------------------
I need a few trap ideas, it's a minecraft deathrun inspired by kiddnils zs one.
I got a few trap ideas but it's not enough.
I know notch doesn't like it when people take his minecraft textures but does anyone know where i could get more?
-END-

<Blank space for signature>
82.72.131.83 -Minecrap Server (Currently Making a large puzzle maze thing) (Online When it's online) (If you get unknown Host Delete the 3 then put it back)

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
Re: Deathrun Mapping Help
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 04:18:38 AM »
Ct's are runners, T's are deaths.
Do I need to make some thing at then end for the runners to kill death? If so, what things?
Easiest way would be to make a teleporter into the death spawn. Remember to add a gun spawn too.

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
  • Respect: +841
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 05:55:07 AM »
I need help with making a deathrun map
So a few questions..
Should i make some traps avoidable?, you know like some place where the trap doesn't affect
How do i make a block or object spawn in a specific Area when a button is pressed? (for the creeper trap).
--------------------------------
I need a few trap ideas, it's a minecraft deathrun inspired by kiddnils zs one.
I got a few trap ideas but it's not enough.
-END-

Play on deathrun

That's pretty much the only way you can get your inspiration

Also make it challenging for the runners

I hate playing in maps that are a fucking cake walk

But don't make fking impossible to cross traps lol

Offline kiddnils

• It's me Kiddnils
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:10:13 AM »
Thanks for credits.

Offline Cheesicle

• ████████
  • Respect: +841
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:11:29 AM »

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »
Sorry i didn't answer all your questions before. I had to leave for school the second i typed that message.

Ehh, You can do so, Just make sure that the course is still difficult for players.
Make a point_template entity. Insert the name if what ever you want to spawn (name the object if it's not already) into the entity. Then you should be able to make the object spawn using a button. Click the Outputs tab and from there you can select the object. (Sorry about the brief instructions on this one. if you cant figure it out, Use this guide:
If you own Minecraft yourself, You already have all the skins, They're just hidden somewhere in a folder. Google it to find out where.

-edit
If you have any other questions, Feel free to contact me via steam/forum.
Steam name is calebcounterstrike
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:13:48 PM by Cable »