Author Topic: OMFG! FKIN GARRYSMOD!  (Read 275 times)

Offline Pryvisee

• Half-Life Enthusiast.
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +231
    • Build a boat
OMFG! FKIN GARRYSMOD!
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »
Alright well this is kinda pissing me off and I need some help getting it to work. So yesterday I was playing garrys mod and turned my down my resolution and went to window'd mode. I played for a while with no trouble then after I was done, I clicked the close button for the window. After that I tried to run it again, but it wouldn't open. After a couple of times of tying -fullscreen and -dxlevel 81 I just gave up and went to bed since it was like 4 o'clock. When I woke up, I tried to run it, same problem.. I then restarted my computer, still didn't work. I deleted local content, didn't work. I deleted local content, everything in the garrys mod folder and the files in the steam folder, then restarted steam. It updated and I logged in. So I ran garrys mod once again. This time It actually opened. The loading screen was showing for once, but I celebrated to early. I waited about 20 mins for it to do something, and nothing. After the frustration with garrys mod, I tried opening css, and to my surprise, That was doing it also. I then was tempted to open hl2. And it fully opened and loaded a level. Strange since they all run on the same engine.

Please help if you have had this issue and have fixed it.. I want to play some Garrys Mod my last day of my weekend.

Sabb: oh when'd you get there!?
Sabb: That was embarrassing.

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
  • Respect: +546
Re: OMFG! FKIN GARRYSMOD!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:22:16 PM »
Welcome to the internet.

Offline Pryvisee

• Half-Life Enthusiast.
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +231
    • Build a boat
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
Oh lol.. BitDefender doesn't let multi-player games start up or some shit. Because when I switched to gaming mode on BF, it started right up. Now this anti-virus is awesome. nosrsly, it is. They've made a whole bunch of improvements. The 2011 version beats avast and is the leading anti-virus software.
 :thumbsup:

ucanloknow.

Sabb: oh when'd you get there!?
Sabb: That was embarrassing.

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:49:28 AM »
congrats on the fix, other derailed posts moved to new thread