Author Topic: Post your proudest contraption  (Read 574 times)

Offline Orgazmo

• OG Admin
  • Have no fear everyones favorite admin is here
  • Respect: +160
Post your proudest contraption
« on: December 27, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »
ITT:
Post a contraption YOU made that makes you proud like a parent of a bronze medal winner in the special olympics

Give a brief description of-

What it is:

What it does:

How long it took:

How many chips:

Extra points for NO e2
SabbathFreak: Ya more caps = bigger penis = admin.
SabbathFreak: O SHIT ITS A FUCKIN ONE WAY DOOR!
1:10 AM - .:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: ya
1:10 AM - .:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: shit might get kinky
1:11 AM - .:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: watch your ass
1:11 AM - .:~RND`=- Orgazmo: plugged and lubed

Offline Peetah

• League PlayerWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +823
Re: Post your proudest contraption
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »
Extra points for NO e2[/color]

FFFFFFFFFF.
(Reg) Nezz45: peetah are you good with the weight tool?

Offline Tomcat

• Your Argument is Inert
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Wat Do?
  • Respect: +503
    • Tomcat's blog
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
I lost with that part too :(

On a side note, I made this when I was 12:

Offline Orgazmo

• OG Admin
  • Have no fear everyones favorite admin is here
  • Respect: +160
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »
+2
FFFFFFFFFF.

Lol I find old school wiring way more impressive, everything is all apply force and meh now. No one builds the contraptions of old; where are the epic forts, the variety, and original ideas? Todays trial and error consists of a bunch of dude sitting in a server in e2 menus. When I join the wireBuild server I don't see any building going on just a few e2 chips on the ground and a SMALL contraption here or there. Occasionally interrupted by some one spawning something from the Adv. dupe menu that they usually didn't make. I'd go so far as to call it a Coding server rather than Build

I believe e2 to be absolutely incredible, powerful and capable of doing things impossible with regular gates yet I can't help but miss coming onto the server and being impressed by what people came up with. Take for instance building planes (rather anything that flys really) which more than any other contraptions I think were in the end hurt the most by e2 (Fin tool helped a bit too). Where before people would look on in amazement as your plane flew and your fingers thrashed about firing thruster after thruster, planes now are guided by your mouse and pushed with apply force by an e2 code you can copy pasta.

Most building in gmod has such a learning curve and tools are so complicated that it drives people away. Hell I was more or less gone for a year and its a bit much I could only imagine what its like to buy the game and try to learn it all. RND's Build server used to be the best around: active, friendly, helpful, CREATIVE...

Maybe I'm just an Oldfag rambling on to the young folks about how dumb the internet is gunna be but I can't help feeling that the build server that started it all is an empty shell of its former glory.

:nomnom: K i'm done ranting now
SabbathFreak: Ya more caps = bigger penis = admin.
SabbathFreak: O SHIT ITS A FUCKIN ONE WAY DOOR!
1:10 AM - .:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: ya
1:10 AM - .:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: shit might get kinky
1:11 AM - .:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: watch your ass
1:11 AM - .:~RND`=- Orgazmo: plugged and lubed

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »
+1
     Lol I find old school wiring way more impressive, everything is all apply force and meh now. No one builds the contraptions of old; where are the epic forts, the variety, and original ideas? Todays trial and error consists of a bunch of dude sitting in a server in e2 menus. When I join the wireBuild server I don't see any building going on just a few e2 chips on the ground and a SMALL contraption here or there. Occasionally interrupted by some one spawning something from the Adv. dupe menu that they usually didn't make. I'd go so far as to call it a Coding server rather than Build

I believe e2 to be absolutely incredible, powerful and capable of doing things impossible with regular gates yet I can't help but miss coming onto the server and being impressed by what people came up with. Take for instance building planes (rather anything that flys really) which more than any other contraptions I think were in the end hurt the most by e2 (Fin tool helped a bit too). Where before people would look on in amazement as your plane flew and your fingers thrashed about firing thruster after thruster, planes now are guided by your mouse and pushed with apply force by an e2 code you can copy pasta.

Most building in gmod has such a learning curve and tools are so complicated that it drives people away. Hell I was more or less gone for a year and its a bit much I could only imagine what its like to buy the game and try to learn it all. RND's Build server used to be the best around: active, friendly, helpful, CREATIVE...

Maybe I'm just an Oldfag rambling on to the young folks about how dumb the internet is gunna be but I can't help feeling that the build server that started it all is an empty shell of its former glory.

You know what I remember?
I remember when there were 5 people in the server who knew how to use wire gates, and we revered them as gods.
Nowadays if you can't make a chicken shit rainbows and write a symphony with E2 then you're just a noob.
I remember when we would make massive forts and cities with HL2 props and have NPC battles in them.
Now it's nothing but controlled building and stricter rules.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:04:09 AM by gamefreak171 »

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »
me & xrain made these auto cars using wire chips and no e2

took us a  while but we figured it out prop avoiding cars that drive themselves and determine danger etc

no e2

:cake:

Offline Tomcat

• Your Argument is Inert
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Wat Do?
  • Respect: +503
    • Tomcat's blog
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 09:29:32 AM »

same thing

I might make an e2 at first

then ill try to do it in chips

it took 34 chips to appy force to 6 objects

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
this is why i don't spend much time in wire.

the first time i played Gmod, i joined the build server
and i was stunned by all of that (i've been a console gamer all my life and have never seen such a thing)
thats what i learned...

i didn't know about wire for a long time, then i downloaded it and got so discouraged that i just ragequit. never used it.

i'll stick with my thruster hovercrafts, thank you

Offline Boardtech

• The map walls are the limit.
  • Respect: +96
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
-
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:46:58 PM by Boardtech »

Offline Buddha

• Respect: +26
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 12:15:53 AM »
a dumpster trap  :yes:

Offline Moo

• Respect: +413
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 01:43:47 AM »
its still a glorious build server, its just shit gets upgraded, things get changed, the building is a different type, there are still gate users and there are also e2 users and there are also users who build without either of those, its just a matter of whats being built and how they wanna approach it

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 01:50:14 AM »
The only problem with wire I have is that as soon as you build something without it some moron comes up "WTF Y U NO USE WIRE? LOL THIS IS SO SHITTY!"
Every.
Single.
Time.

Offline Bovicide

• The enormous
  • Respect: +120
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 03:07:01 AM »
Remember when only like two people on the RND server knew how to use e2? Remember when minic's flying ball thing that orbited him amazed everyone?

Now everyone knows how to use e2 and my e2s are crap tier compared to the things they've seen on youtube.

It is sad day.

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 07:39:47 AM »
Remember when only like two people on the RND server knew how to use e2? Remember when minic's flying ball thing that orbited him amazed everyone?

Now everyone knows how to use e2 and my e2s are crap tier compared to the things they've seen on youtube.

It is sad day.

yes

I still remember when minic gave me his holo zelda

god I was so amazed by it

now it's so easy :c