Author Topic: 25/12/10 Application: Deacon  (Read 137 times)

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
    • MagiCorp
25/12/10 Application: Deacon
« on: December 25, 2010, 06:06:54 AM »
Deacon's VIP App
Basic Info
Name: Ryan Russo
In-Game Name(s):
  • Deacon
  • TakeBackTheRain
  • Deacon (TakeBackTheRain); A little confusing, I know. Deacon will be primary.
Birthday:January 27th, 1992
Location: Las Vegas/Reno, Nevada (Different because living situation is currently...unstable.)
Time Zone: GMT -8
Online Times: Varies due to uncertain nature of life in college; usually about 12:00 PM-10:00 PM with random bouts of sleep in-between.
In RND since: About October 2010. Please do not judge me as an applicant by this fact. I think that I would be just as effective of a VIP as anyone else, regardless of the length I have been here.
Steam Info
Steam Name: TakeBackTheRain
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:32948396
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/takebacktherain
Games Owned:
  • Half Life 2
  • Half Life 2 Ep. 1, 2, 3
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Portal
  • Counter Strike: Source
  • Goldeneye: Source Mod
  • Garry's Mod
The Appeal
Servers:
  • Zombie Survival
  • Trouble in Terrorist Town (It is worth pointing out that if you have played with me in this server, it may have been my brother you were playing with; However, this may not be apparent since me and him behave the same)
  • Fretta
  • (once i get back to my computer) Wirebuild
  • (recently fell in love with)Onslaught
  • Build, because I suck with Wire shit.
Why I think I should be a VIP: I think that this community could use someone nice as a buffer between new guests and the common and regular players. Granted, this is not a reason to have VIP on its own, but in my eyes, it is like wearing a uniform at a job; People are much more likely to listen when you look like you know the answers. (Gotta love psychology, right?)
Why I want to be VIP: To be the buffer which I have described above; I would attempt to help people by explaining the things they do not understand, and also keep them in line by explaining the rules when misunderstood (read, earlycading in ZS and why this is bad). Basically, I want to help make the servers I am in more user-friendly, and help steer new people in the right direction.
Situations: Look, I'm gonna be honest here. I will do the exact same thing everyone else says they will do in any given situation (which, in all honesty I think you all know them by now), with one exception: I will not votekick/voteban if there is another VIP or an active admin online. I do not want VIP to kick people; I want it to be as I described above.
Contributions to RND: Currently, none other than being a loyal and active kissass member.
Things done in-game: Not be a dick.

Contact Methods:
In order of "Checked most often"- In Conclusion: I understand that this is not a very normal reasoning for wanting a VIP promotion, but I hope that you see my standpoint. I will take this opportunity to thank you  :fullheart: edly for reading this, and for your consideration, as well as to thank Don for letting me copy and modify his app, and Magic/Ozone for posting this.

I hope that regardless of the fact that I spent nearly 2 hours making this app pretty and appealing (a fact I don't see as being important, but I might as well brag since everyone else does), I will be judged on my ability as a candidate rather than as a guy who writes things in blue font.

Thanks Again!
-insertfancysignaturehere-
Ryan Russo, Deacon

I play with him in Deathrun sometimes and he never shouts down the mike he always asks nicely etc ;) :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 11:36:19 PM by Moo »

Offline Don

Re: 25/12/10 Application: Deacon
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »
Why I want to be VIP: To be the buffer which I have described above; I would attempt to help people by explaining the things they do not understand, and also keep them in line by explaining the rules when misunderstood (read, earlycading in ZS and why this is bad). Basically, I want to help make the servers I am in more user-friendly, and help steer new people in the right direction.
Even though he has mentioned it himself already, I'd just like to say (or ask) why he can't do that as a Regular?
VIP isn't as much of a big deal to others than people think. Most people don't even know what VIPs can do, and therefore listen to them as much as they would to Regulars. If you really want VIP because of this, then I don't really see the point in it.
It is good that you want to explain rules to people that break them and are not going to kick - but that just makes another easy-to-use VIP, since someone could just join under a different nickname and break the rules again.
Explaining rules is someone that Regulars not only can, but should do themselves. You don't need VIP for this.

Other than that, I have barely ever played with you and I do not think that someone that joined RND 2 months ago should receive VIP just yet - others get flamed for doing it after 3 months and I don't see why you should get it this soon, even if you're more or less active on the forums.

Ugh, this is a difficult one to pick - considering I have barely played with you, but judging from the application, I don't think you need VIP for anything you want to do - I'm sorry, but I'll have to put a -1 here. :thumbsdown:

Offline Moo

Re: 25/12/10 Application: Deacon
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 12:44:14 PM »