Author Topic: Bulletstorm  (Read 225 times)

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
Bulletstorm
« on: December 17, 2010, 11:45:58 AM »
+1

GOTY 2011? GOTY 2011.

What is it?

Bulletstorm is an upcoming FPS from Epic (FROM EPIC! THE GUYS BEHIND GEARS OF WAR AND UNREAL TOURNAMENT!) that is all about killing enemies as creative as possible. You have ridiculously huge weapons and have to hit ridiculously huge enemies with them. You get points for killing enemies the creative way; kick them into a spiky plant, shoot them in the head, then kick them in a spiky plant or just shoot them right away. This game is about style. Gory style. And you get into the Gears of War 3 Beta earlier than everyone else if you buy it!

And now, for some lame descriptions from Wikipedia:
Bulletstorm takes place in a futuristic setting where a confederation is being protected by an elite band of mercenaries known as Dead Echo. When Dead Echo member Grayson Hunt, voiced by Steve Blum, and Ishi Sato discover that they had been working on the wrong side, they betray their squad commander and end up being exiled to the edges of the galaxy. Players take the role of Grayson Hunt a few years after his exile, who has since become a drunken space pirate. After getting involved in an interstellar crash landing, he is reunited with his old comrade Sato. The two of them discover that they are surrounded by hordes of mutants and flesh eating gangs in an abandoned paradise. Hunt and Sato decide to work together once again to get off the planet alive and take revenge on the man who sent them there.

Players utilize a sizable arsenal consisting of over-the-top combat moves and incredibly large weapons. Bulletstorm also has a variety of "skillshots" which create extreme levels of frantic gameplay. The skillshot gameplay system rewards the player for creating and inciting mayhem in the most creative way possible. The more unusual the skillshot, the more points players receive to upgrade their character, unlock weapons which allow the player to perform even more creative moves and exaggerated skillshots.

Articles
As always, Kotaku articles about the game. They're worth the read.

"You Deserve 200 Points For Looking In The Right Direction - A brief explanation of what you get points for in the game.
"Buy Bulletstorm Epic Edition, Get Into Gears of War 3 Beta Early" - Durp, just the announcement that buyers of the Epic Edition will get into the Gears of War 3 Beta.
Bulletstorm Hands On: Big Guns, Big Boots & Big Combos - As the title implies, a Hands-On of Bulletstorm. It may seem long, but it's definitely worth reading.
Tanya Jessen Talks Us Through The Gamescom Bulletstorm Demo - Commented gameplay of Bulletstorm.
Gears of War Designer Walks Us Through Bulletstorm - Well, a Gears of War designer comments on some Bulletstorm gameplay and explains a few things.

Media

Screenshots
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Video(s)
Hey Man Nice Shot Trailer HD - Bulletstorm

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
Re: Bulletstorm
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »
Holy motherfucking lord shit crap, I can't wait to-

Oh, wait, I don't have an Xbox 360.
Feels batman.

But still awesome game.

Offline Moo

• Respect: +413
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »
i just watched people blow up  ???

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »
Hey look, it's Gears of War with Borderlands and more explosions.
Looks awesome though.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:18:58 PM »
THIS IS A VERY ORIGINAL GAME.

ITS NOTHING LIKE MADWORLD.

MadWorld (Wii) E3 Trailer

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Don

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »
Madworld was a piece of shit that was as much fun as falling into a pit full of spikes.
This game has more graphics, more gameplay and most importantly more ways to kill.
And bulky space men with big feet.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:54:38 PM »
THIS IS A VERY ORIGINAL GAME.

ITS NOTHING LIKE MADWORLD.

MadWorld (Wii) E3 Trailer
I don't see how it looks anything like this game.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
I don't see how it looks anything like this game.

Bulletstorm is an upcoming FPS from Epic that is all about killing enemies as creative as possible.

Which is exactly the same as MadWorld.

This game has more graphics, more gameplay and most importantly more ways to kill.

No shit, of course it will have 'better graphics'. MadWorld came out on the Wii in 2008. It's almost 2011, and it's being made for the 360.

It obviously is going to be a rip of MadWorld, with more things added. I don't doubt Epic at all, it's just I feel they should be a bit more open to where they get their 'creativity' from. It might not necessarily be from this one, but they look identical.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Don

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »
+1
Which is exactly the same as MadWorld.

No shit, of course it will have 'better graphics'. MadWorld came out on the Wii in 2008. It's almost 2011, and it's being made for the 360.

It obviously is going to be a rip of MadWorld, with more things added. I don't doubt Epic at all, it's just I feel they should be a bit more open to where they get their 'creativity' from. It might not necessarily be from this one, but they look identical.
You are an absolute moron if you think that just because two games share their core concept, one is going to be a rip of the first one.
Dawn of War 2 and StarCraft II use the exact same core concept, yet none is a rip of the other one.
Garry's Mod and Minecraft use the same base concept, yet none of them is a rip of the other one.
Going with your logit, Minecraft is a rip of Garry's Mod and StarCraft is a rip of the Dawn of War Universe.

No core concept whatsoever is new in any way and has been used in both games and movies. Do you really believe MadWorld was the first game that gives you points for killing enemies as creative as possible? In Super Mario Bros., you get points for continously jumping on koopas too, so according to you, MadWorld is a complete rip of Super Mario Bros.

Offline Pryvisee

• Half-Life Enthusiast.
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +231
    • Build a boat
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
Hey look, it's Gears of War with Borderlands and more explosions.
Looks awesome though.

Yeah, hopefully it's sorta like borderlands. I remember playing that 24 hours straight with a friend.. Good times.

Sabb: oh when'd you get there!?
Sabb: That was embarrassing.

Offline RyuZorz

• What's up mah nigga
  • Respect: +19
    • Youtusuke
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 08:39:56 AM »
Yeah, hopefully it's sorta like borderlands. I remember playing that 24 hours straight with a friend.. Good times.

same
assfuck

Offline Don

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
+1
That must be the weirdest Christmas Tree and weirdest Happy Holidays I've seen in a while.

Happy Holidays from Bulletstorm

Offline Pryvisee

• Half-Life Enthusiast.
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +231
    • Build a boat
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
That must be the weirdest Christmas Tree and weirdest Happy Holidays I've seen in a while.

Happy Holidays from Bulletstorm

lol

"ORAHHHHYO RAH--" *BOOM!* "SHUT UP!" ... "UGH"

Sabb: oh when'd you get there!?
Sabb: That was embarrassing.

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »
holy fucking shit that is fucking awesome

Offline Don

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »
Heh, it is coming out for PC after all.
also bump

http://kotaku.com/#!5762976/epic-promises-bulletstorm-will-make-your-computer-weep