Author Topic: WoW Cataclysm Lich King vs. Deathwing  (Read 133 times)

Offline LD300

• Umm, hi?
  • Respect: 0
WoW Cataclysm Lich King vs. Deathwing
« on: November 29, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
Alright, I know somewhere in this forum, there are wow fans.

So I bring you one question. Who is stronger? Deathwing or the Lich King?

Deathwing

Lich King

For me, my bet is on Deathwing

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
Re: WoW Cataclysm Lich King vs. Deathwing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
omfg giant dragon
die die die

Offline Hitman

• Respect: +112
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:10:36 AM »
I'd say Lich King

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:42:38 AM »
I don't play WoW but

The dragon looks badass.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline xxMingebaggerxx

• Old Forum MemberWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +26
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 08:29:47 AM »
id say gmod over wow, and that is a random answer to a question in random forums..
happy?
besides, wow :( please die and i bet on deathwing cuz its red, and thermite beat liquid nitrogen..
<3 you rnd fags :)

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
Fucking WoW ruining the brilliant WarCraft III story once again ...
Anyway, since the Lich King is a mortal being after all (proven by the fact that Arthas (who is the Lich King now, but was the Prince of Azeroth) had to save his life and Deathwing is immortal (proven since he died over nine thousand times and just keeps on coming back to life), Deathwing would probably win.

The Lich King is still much cooler and has a much better backstory behind him.

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
  • Respect: +388
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
OK, sense, barely anyone knows... about how much fucking lore i know about Warcraft, i will make this sad but true story short.

Deathwing is the earthen brood father of all of the dragon aspects, and leader of the black dragonflight. deathwing in WC2 was captured and controlled by the old horde, and was used as a wrecking ball against the alliance in the southern half of the eastern kingdoms. in WC3 he disappeared and hasn't been seen until "The Shattering"(WoW patch).

and we all know about "The Lich King"

The Lich King is now dead, thanks to ICC10(25) so basically Deathwing wins by default. he he
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Peetah

• League PlayerWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +823
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
Fucking WoW ruining the brilliant WarCraft III story once again ...
Anyway, since the Lich King is a mortal being after all (proven by the fact that Arthas (who is the Lich King now, but was the Prince of Azeroth) had to save his life and Deathwing is immortal (proven since he died over nine thousand times and just keeps on coming back to life), Deathwing would probably win.

Warcraft 3 is the best!
Dota is #1!!!
(Reg) Nezz45: peetah are you good with the weight tool?

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
OK, sense, barely anyone knows... about how much fucking lore i know about Warcraft, i will make this sad but true story short.
Deathwing is the earthen brood father of all of the dragon aspects, and leader of the black dragonflight. deathwing in WC2 was captured and controlled by the old horde, and was used as a wrecking ball against the alliance in the southern half of the eastern kingdoms. in WC3 he disappeared and hasn't been seen until "The Shattering"(WoW patch).

and we all know about "The Lich King"
The Lich King is now dead, thanks to ICC10(25) so basically Deathwing wins by default. he he
Uhm, no.
First of all, Deathwing fought for the Horde in order to make a devastating blow against the other three elements since he is an element as well.
There's the element of time, of life, of Magic (?) and of Chaos.
Deathwing is the element of Chaos, and therefore his only purpose is to cause chaos.
Basically, Deathwing started a huge-ass war with the Burning Legion ages before Humans and Orks moved into the world, and in order to win this war, he had to convince the other elements to fight along his site with their dragons.
After the dragons won that war, Deathwing created a holy artifact possessing the essence of all four elements, and with that he slaughtered every dragon apart from his own. This way, he also banned all other elements into their places and has full control over them.
The one you think that was captured by the Orks is the element of Life, whose name I forgot. She bred loads of dragons for the horde in order for them to cause chaos around the border of azeroth and to scout out the area around their bases. In the first WarCraft book, that dragon is set free by some random human, and bans Deathwing into a different dimension (again). That's when he disappeared, just in order to appear again during WoW.
Just as a bonus nerd knowledge, the element of Magic, Saphiroth (or something) is killed by Arthas during the events of WarCraft III, meaning that technically, nothing can stop Deathwing.
In WC3, he didn't appear at all, since his existence and downfall happened years before Arthas' rise to the Frozen Throne, since he was a little child during these events.

The Lich King is not "dead".
Arthas travelled to Northend in WC3 in order to save the Lich King from Illidan's forces that seeked out to destroy the "geissel", which were the minions of the Lich King.
At the end, Arthas causes Illidan to be seriously injured and leaves him behind to die, but Lady Vash and Kael'Whatevertherestofhisnamewas save him and restore his powers, which causes him to get completely insane over the mass slaughter he has done. Whatever.
Arthas walks up the giant-ass Frozen Throne, where the Lich King resides. Arthas theoritcally kills the Lich King in order to get his helmet and powers, causing him to be the leader of the geissel, as well as the new Lich King.

tl;dr
Lich King isn't dead.

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
  • Respect: +388
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »
Uhm, no.
First of all, Deathwing fought for the Horde in order to make a devastating blow against the other three elements since he is an element as well.
There's the element of time, of life, of Magic (?) and of Chaos.
Deathwing is the element of Chaos, and therefore his only purpose is to cause chaos.
Basically, Deathwing started a huge-ass war with the Burning Legion ages before Humans and Orks moved into the world, and in order to win this war, he had to convince the other elements to fight along his site with their dragons.
After the dragons won that war, Deathwing created a holy artifact possessing the essence of all four elements, and with that he slaughtered every dragon apart from his own. This way, he also banned all other elements into their places and has full control over them.
The one you think that was captured by the Orks is the element of Life, whose name I forgot. She bred loads of dragons for the horde in order for them to cause chaos around the border of azeroth and to scout out the area around their bases. In the first WarCraft book, that dragon is set free by some random human, and bans Deathwing into a different dimension (again). That's when he disappeared, just in order to appear again during WoW.
Just as a bonus nerd knowledge, the element of Magic, Saphiroth (or something) is killed by Arthas during the events of WarCraft III, meaning that technically, nothing can stop Deathwing.
In WC3, he didn't appear at all, since his existence and downfall happened years before Arthas' rise to the Frozen Throne, since he was a little child during these events.

The Lich King is not "dead".
Arthas travelled to Northend in WC3 in order to save the Lich King from Illidan's forces that seeked out to destroy the "geissel", which were the minions of the Lich King.
At the end, Arthas causes Illidan to be seriously injured and leaves him behind to die, but Lady Vash and Kael'Whatevertherestofhisnamewas save him and restore his powers, which causes him to get completely insane over the mass slaughter he has done. Whatever.
Arthas walks up the giant-ass Frozen Throne, where the Lich King resides. Arthas theoritcally kills the Lich King in order to get his helmet and powers, causing him to be the leader of the geissel, as well as the new Lich King.

tl;dr
Lich King isn't dead.

half of what you typed is true. but you didn't include any names, one is Malygos, dragon of the blue dragonflight, aka magic, and another is Alexstrasza (Red dragonflight) the life bender, queen of the dragons. i was describing deathwing during the 2nd war so i am not incorrect (its on the wiki don't argue). And about the lich king, meeh

(Um, no' ing me is worse than trolling coolz on a Saturday night, and get banned for it.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:57:30 PM by Mr. Franklin »
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »

half of what you typed is true. but you didn't include any names, one is Malygos, dragon of the blue dragonflight, aka magic, and another is Alexstrasza (Red dragonflight) the life bender, queen of the dragons. i was describing deathwing during the 2nd war so i am not incorrect (its on the wiki don't argue). And about the lich king, meeh

(Um, no' ing me is worse than trolling coolz on a Saturday night, and get banned for it.)

I severely regret ever posting in this thread.

Offline Cable

• hi
  • Respect: +1085
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
Lich King is FUCKING BAD ASS.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »
I severely regret ever posting in this thread.

1. Beg admin
2. Get post deleted
3. ????
4. Profit

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline xxMingebaggerxx

• Old Forum MemberWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +26
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 07:12:27 AM »
luv wc3, cant get enough of it, sadly traded it a few years ago :/
<3 you rnd fags :)

Offline Hitman

• Respect: +112
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »
^This. And the fact that I have never played WoW.