Author Topic: Cake's Guitar Models [Adding new models]  (Read 88 times)

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Cake's Guitar Models [Adding new models]
« on: November 21, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »
+1
The textures fail. Hard. I have to re-work the uv maps and get rid of all those green lines. But alas, each model took me 1-2 hours to complete. Another 30 minutes for texture and such.

Hopefully if I work much more harder and add alot more detail to future models, I could possibly land a job at activision doing some modeling for a new rockband or guitar hero or something.

***NOTE: If I successfully port these into garry's mod to use a props/weapons, I will release the .3ds file for you to dick around with.

Gibson Les Paul Standard

This was half-assed. I added no detail to pickups and strings and the tuning knobs on the headstock and such. Just the basic body, neck, and head. And I didn't bother with textures on the backside of the guitar.

Fender Stratocaster

This was semi-half assed. I actually added to detail to the bridge, saddle, headstocks, pickups ect. But then I went and shit all over it with the failure textures. Same thing with the backside as it apply's to my Les Paul Standard. (lol @ backside)

Rickenbacker 360

I actually put quite amount of effort into it. I did a 3d model on all of the pickups, tone selectors, tuning knobs on the front of the headstock ect. The tuning pegs screwed up though. And I portioned the textures off. But I have used auto-smoothing so its quite nicer to look at. And since the render image is fucked, I took a snapshot right from the perspective view port.

NOTE: The textures may look all fucked up and fuzzy and low-quality, thats because 3dsmax does not like any textures above 64x64...

Classical Guitar (A.K.A Shitty $200 Yomocorpamaha Classical)

I didn't bother with any backside textures with these. And the headstock texture's weren't a walk in the park...seeing as I had to break them up into 4 different parts. I was planning to model the bridge/saddle, but I forgot to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:36:11 PM by Cake Faic »

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: Cake's Guitar Models
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
well, there was talk about new melee weapons for ZS...i say these would be awesome

Offline » Magic «

• i play pc computer
  • Windows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerOld Forum MemberCat LoverDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
  • Respect: +782
    • MagiCorp
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:02:02 AM »
awesome :P

Offline Peetah

• League PlayerWindows UserDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +823
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »
Nice modelsss.
(Reg) Nezz45: peetah are you good with the weight tool?