Author Topic: OHSHIT CAFFIENE  (Read 127 times)

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
OHSHIT CAFFIENE
« on: November 15, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »
+1
Like half an hour ago, I put three caffiene pillz in a bottle of Vitamin Water, and shook it up and chugged it
And Real Life looks like Mirror's Edge.
FUCKING BLOOM AND MOTION BLUR.

Anyhow, discussion topic: Have you ever overdosed on any non-regulated drug?

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Re: OHSHIT CAFFIENE
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »
+1

Im surprised you haven't had a heart-attack yet.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »

Im surprised you haven't had a heart-attack yet.

Considering I just traversed into the world of Mirror's Edge,
I spent the last half hour jumping off my roof and climbing fences.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »
This is your third topic about this...

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:00:07 PM »
This is your third topic about this...

Second, and the first was like, two weeks ago.

Plus, this one has a real discussion topic,

"Anyhow, discussion topic: Have you ever overdosed on any non-regulated drug?"

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
Second, and the first was like, two weeks ago.

Plus, this one has a real discussion topic,

"Anyhow, discussion topic: Have you ever overdosed on any non-regulated drug?"
Guiz I got drunk from Rockstar, that is all.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »
Guiz I got drunk from Rockstar, that is all.

That's pussy shit. Only 80mg's of caf.

I just took 600mg's.

FUN FACT: THE US RECOMMENDED MAX IS 300MG'S.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »
+1

I just took 600mg's.

K, just saying that's what this thread is going to turn into lol.

Offline ItchyDani3l

• RND Scapegoat
  • Haters: 1672
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
STOP ACTING LIKE A FUCKING CHILDREN.

On an offnote, we need to start a mirror's edge fanfiction thread  8)

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
K, just saying that's what this thread is going to turn into lol.

GUISE I GOT DRUNK OFF OF WATER SO MUCH CAFFEINE I AM FKIN INSANE AINGuadsibnfhbag

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 05:39:51 PM »

I just took 600mg's.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »
+6

I just took 600mg's.

Don't screw with caffeine, it seems tame since we have it in our everyday lives. But when you start screwing with larger caffeine amounts it gets real dangerous real fast. As little as 300mg has been known to cause hear attacks in healthy adults. They don't make recommendations like that on a whim, or because they are panzies. They do it because the chance of you dieing or having a life-threatening reaction to it is significant enough that.

This is from wikipedia... not the best source but it will illustrate my point.

An acute overdose of caffeine usually in excess of about 300 milligrams, dependent on body weight and level of caffeine tolerance, can result in a state of central nervous system over-stimulation called caffeine intoxication (DSM-IV 305.90),[105] or colloquially the "caffeine jitters". The symptoms of caffeine intoxication are not unlike overdoses of other stimulants. It may include restlessness, fidgetiness, nervousness, excitement, euphoria, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation.[102] In cases of much larger overdoses, mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, disinhibition, delusions, hallucinations, and psychosis may occur, and rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue) can be provoked.[106][107]

Extreme overdose can result in death.[108] The median lethal dose (LD50) given orally, is 192 milligrams per kilogram in rats.[2] The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on weight and individual sensitivity and estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass, roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult taken within a limited time frame that is dependent on half-life. Though achieving lethal dose with caffeine would be exceptionally difficult with regular coffee, there have been reported deaths from overdosing on caffeine pills, with serious symptoms of overdose requiring hospitalization occurring from as little as 2 grams of caffeine. An exception to this would be taking a drug such as fluvoxamine, which blocks the liver enzyme responsible for the metabolism of caffeine, thus increasing the central effects and blood concentrations of caffeine dramatically at 5-fold. It is not contraindicated, but highly advisable to minimize the intake of caffeinated beverages, as drinking one cup of coffee will have the same effect as drinking five under normal conditions.[109][110][111][112] Death typically occurs due to ventricular fibrillation brought about by effects of caffeine on the cardiovascular system.

Treatment of severe caffeine intoxication is generally supportive, providing treatment of the immediate symptoms, but if the patient has very high serum levels of caffeine then peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis, or hemofiltration may be required.

Lets see your 16, I'll just guess and say you weigh about 150 pounds. 150 pounds in kilograms is ~68.18 kilograms. So using the data from above. So at about 10 grams of caffeine, you are guaranteed a certain death, just as much as if you went and sat in a chamber full of mustard gas. Now please note, that this is the "guaranteed" lethal dose. So if i took 100 people weighing 150 pounds, gave them this much caffeine 99% of them would be dead. But it doesn't just run up to this point on oh hey your fine, but once you hit 10 grams your toast. It's more like at 5 grams I give it to 100 people, only 50 remain alive. 2.5 grams, 25 of them die. I don't know the exact decay equation but It proves my point. You might have a 99.9999% of living taking just 1 milligram of caffeine, but that still mean someone somewhere died from it.

And the treatment for caffeine overdose is to go on a dialysis machine. Basically your blood is pumped out of your body, run through a filtration machine, then pumped back in. You don't just go do a hemodialysis and them bounce back from it. Likely you will have permanent damage from the drug as it took time to filter it out. And you will still have to do some amount of rehabilitation no matter how lucky you were.

When you start fucking with regular stuff in higher amounts you start rolling the dice, it's pretty damn similar to taking a drug like meth, or cocaine when you start screwing with stuff in that amount. Sure it might be just fine "most" of the time. But your body isn't static you don't just add a complex chemical to it, and expect it to react the same way every time. There are millions upon millions of chemical reactions going on in your body every second. While most of the time, stuff goes just fine, but it doesn't take much, your body might be a little off due to stress, or previous abuses, and then bam. Shit hits the fan, and it starts reacting poorly then next thing you know, your chest hurts, your mind hurts, everything goes bat shit crazy. Then you die.

You die for what? To see things like like you have motion blur for a little while? Makes your brain act a little differently, perceive random crap in a different light? Seem an awful shallow tradeoff to me.

Any fucking dipshit with two hands and a mouth can OD on anything. Getting drugs is easy, tempting death by taking stupid amounts of caffeine doesn't make you cool. It makes you a dumb-ass.

I actually remember quite well this point in my life. I grew up with my classmates, most of them I spent all of my 12 years of general ed with them. Kindergarten to graduation. I know the classmates who decided to experiment with mundane stuff like caffeine or other "non-regulated" items. Gasoline and propane included. A good portion of them went to move on to harder drugs, since the "lighter" ones didn't do it for them anymore. The rest of them figured out that it really wasn't that awesome, and went on to do better things in life then play chemistry with their bodies.

A lot of the former group have been in and out of jail, others are still in my town addicted to meth, picking at the skin ulcers it gives you with no more ambition in life than to live in a tent in the woods and work at McDonald.

Just a few months ago I read a news paper article, and heard from some other friends, about a couple of my classmates who fell into the "former" group, the pair had decided to do what they had done quite a few times, and went "Speedballing" or mixed cocaine and heroin. They pretty much lost their minds, and decided it was a good idea to pull a gun on a friend they were riding with, try to shoot him, and then steal the kids car after he jumps out and runs away. Of course about half hour later they were caught, and now are on trial for attempted murder.

I might have extrapolated a bit more than what you would think is applicable. But the homeless people on the streets didn't start life Homeless and addicted to drugs. They started out as normal people like us, with just as much ambition. They had freinds at least, some even had good families. But their life followed a course of event's that led them to that position. While most of the highschool stuff ends up being meaningless later in life, such as who was a "cool" person, and who is dating who, and all that other bs. There are things that have far reaching effects later if life. These are generally personal decisions you make on defining who you are. I decided I like building legos, and other things, so now I'm an Engineer. But it dosn't even have to be big things like that. You could be 20 years down the line, someone offers you a pill, and says it will give you a high like nothing else and is completely safe. Most people would tell him to go jump in a lake. But you remember when you were 16 and screwing around with large amounts of caffine. That was pretty cool, I wonder what this will be like?

The worst things in life aren't the ones that are extraordinarily obviously bad for you. Like Chlorine gas, Its immensely painful, completely obvious, and hard to get away-from since its heavier than air. But since it's easy to spot, it's also easy to ovoid. The ones that are really bad, are the things that are easy to not think about, or easy to not notice, they are known as being insidious since they lul you into a false sense of security, and are difficult to spot.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:08:00 PM by Xrain »
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
  • Respect: +805
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »
+1
I can truly say that though Xrain doesn't have the most posts, he has the most useful posts that take effort.

Good job xrain!  :thumbsup:

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
tl;dr

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:01:50 PM by DeathWard »