Author Topic: Vindictus CB  (Read 98 times)

Offline Waffle

• Touhou Furrydom
  • Respect: +22
Vindictus CB
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
Holy fucking fuck fuck this game is EPIC x10.
The motherfucking tutorial was like "HERE, GO BEAT UP MONSTERS, CLIMB UP THIS BADASS BELL TOWER, KILL THIS HUGE ASS SPIDER, AND CHECK OUT THIS GIRL'S HUGE TITS."
Fucking fuck. Love this game.

Offline Mr. Franklin

• Old Forum MemberWindows UserLinux UserLeague PlayerDonatorCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• I'm addicted to sweet tea
  • Respect: +388
Re: Vindictus CB
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:25:09 PM »
i heard of this game, and saw the previews to... ima get it.  :gtfo:
Quotes from friends:

.:~RND`=- coolzeldad -=: mah mouse is sqeakeh
.:~RND`=- Mr.Franklin -=: tweeeeek it

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrfranklin1972
Prox: Thread status: memed.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:23 AM »
>Closed Beta

I shat bricks when I couldn't get the key :<

Offline Waffle

• Touhou Furrydom
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:18:32 AM »
I shat bricks when I got the key.
I shat a brick house when I started playing.

Offline Malek

• Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:40:46 AM »
I'm in the beta too!

The graphics are great and the story seems pretty good, but lets not over hype it lol.
If you didnt get in you arent exactly missing a whole lot.

The combat is basically single button mashing, with the occasional 2nd button thrown in. You are always doing the same combos, very simple. Aside from some minor visual character changes, every character is the same. You really have no customization of skills. So far (im only level 6) all the quests have been EXACTLY the same. I mean they even recycle the maps FOR the quests.

Basically the non-combat world is like a lobby where everyone is chilling. In the "lobby" you can go to an area with a boat, click on the mission you want to do, choose difficulty and get on the boat, you can chill on your boat for awhile and see if anyone wants to join you, or you can take off and solo the mission.

The missions themselves have all been the same, kill some low level monsters, kill the boss monster, grab the drop, go back to "lobby". Like I said, ive even played the same map a few different times for different missions.

Who knows, the game may get better, but currently it looks like its going to be one of those MMO's that keeps a player base of 500-750 players then slowly dies off.

Offline Waffle

• Touhou Furrydom
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »
I'm in the beta too!

The graphics are great and the story seems pretty good, but lets not over hype it lol.
If you didnt get in you arent exactly missing a whole lot.

The combat is basically single button mashing, with the occasional 2nd button thrown in. You are always doing the same combos, very simple. Aside from some minor visual character changes, every character is the same. You really have no customization of skills. So far (im only level 6) all the quests have been EXACTLY the same. I mean they even recycle the maps FOR the quests.

Basically the non-combat world is like a lobby where everyone is chilling. In the "lobby" you can go to an area with a boat, click on the mission you want to do, choose difficulty and get on the boat, you can chill on your boat for awhile and see if anyone wants to join you, or you can take off and solo the mission.

The missions themselves have all been the same, kill some low level monsters, kill the boss monster, grab the drop, go back to "lobby". Like I said, ive even played the same map a few different times for different missions.

Who knows, the game may get better, but currently it looks like its going to be one of those MMO's that keeps a player base of 500-750 players then slowly dies off.

^Dumbarse
He sounds like this one guy ob the Nexon forums that claims he's a "profesional reviewer", and I swear he sounds the exact same. Of course when you're lv 1-2 you would only have 1 combo, but this guy doesn't even know how to string together attacks from the sound of it. This game will thrive and become one of the best.

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »
I shat bricks when I saw this in Korea, American Nexon just copies stuff >.>

Offline Waffle

• Touhou Furrydom
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
I shat bricks when I saw this in Korea, American Nexon just copies stuff >.>
.....They're the same company...??
It's the exact same GAME???
ONLY NA PLAYERS CAN PLAY/UNDERSTAND IT?
/derp/

Offline Malek

• Respect: +1
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 09:15:50 AM »
^Dumbarse
He sounds like this one guy ob the Nexon forums that claims he's a "profesional reviewer", and I swear he sounds the exact same. Of course when you're lv 1-2 you would only have 1 combo, but this guy doesn't even know how to string together attacks from the sound of it. This game will thrive and become one of the best.

Lol Calm down, acting like I insulted your mother...its a game.

And no Im not the guy that posted on the forums, as you can see I actually said some good things about the game. And no im not and do not claim to be a professional reviewer, I just wanted to post some information about the game other than "OMG OMG OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!"

Of course instead of calling me a dumbarse you can tell me how my observations are wrong.

I definately think this game has potential and I will continue to play, probably after beta though, cause im not too interested in playing through twice. (from what i've heard beta characters will be deleted) Unfortunately this game is a free MMO so it will really have to overcome some serious obsticles if it is going to become "one of the best". When companies dont have the kind of income that comes from paid games, its hard to keep teams working on a project, providing patches and updates.

And when I described the combat as button mashing, its just because im more used to these type of games having certain special attacks you can use instead of just 2 attack buttons to work combos around.

Not trying to start an argument, im just interested in your opinion. What do you feel makes this game extremely different and gives it the potential to become one of the best games ever?

Offline Waffle

• Touhou Furrydom
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 04:37:26 PM »
1. For a free game, the graphics are STUNNING.
2. Once you get past lv 10, there are about 10 new combos, depending on timing and skill ranks.
3. The crafting/shop system is the best I've seen; it makes the player interact with others.
4. The dungeon system is very fun because of the interactive landscape and the use of the source engine.
5. Vindictus XE will have all this and more.
6. Nexon can and will be earning money from this game via cash shop
7. It's about 100x more fun then the dozens of other MMo's I've played. Even in a rough Beta.
8. It's a free, 3D RPG fighter in a sandbox environment.