Discussion > Discussion

TheDapperLads Controversy

(1/4) > >>

·UηİŦ··:
wow

I'm not entirely sure, but I think by now most people might be seeing part 2/part 3 of the shenanigans that The Fine Bros/their parent company/whoever made the call started. Not only are tons of people boycotting them, not only are people unsubscribing at 100 unsubs per second as I type, but even a law firm got involved. Also, these:

* http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86689364&docId=NOP20160113074621#docIndex=1&page=1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4566242/

* So, in it being some form of controversy that will pave the way for the many shenanigans that will forever be enshrined within Youtube, I decided to join in/use it as an excuse to go nuts in Photoshop.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Forgive me... also wondering what everyone's thoughts on the matter are.

EDIT: At the time this post was originally typed, the Fine Bros uploaded their "Update" video. They allegedly took it down on this same day.

TehHank:
The beginning of an end.

HideoKojima:

--- Quote from: TehHank on February 01, 2016, 01:19:53 PM ---The beginning of an end.

--- End quote ---

Not really. If they just say "Okay. We aren't doing it. Sorry for fucking up."

Everyone will drop it, and it will quickly be forgotten. Like when Machinima/Xbox were trying to get fake hype for Xbone awhile ago. People forget about this shit pretty quickly.

I only see this getting worse, if they continue to fuck up more somehow.

๖Ϝцzsioᴎ:
Don't really think they should be getting this much hate.

I mean, the whole thing is optional, it's not like they're copyrighting the entire concept of reactions.

HideoKojima:
Seems they removed the videos. Wonder if they will make another saying they fucked up and will stop, or if they will just not talk about it, and let it go away by itself.

--- Quote from: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on February 01, 2016, 07:32:59 PM ---Don't really think they should be getting this much hate.

I mean, the whole thing is optional, it's not like they're copyrighting the entire concept of reactions.

--- End quote ---
I don't think you understand the whole situation.
They are trying to copywrite "their style" which is stupid because it'd be like trying to copywrite a trailer. "They used epic music, and then showed the lead characters name, and then had a slogan!11!!"

And they even said they have taken down videos before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version